5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

pmegason

Reaction score
Anybody have any input on painting or powder coating the stock running boards? I an wanting to start phasing out all the chrome. I have the sport EcoDiesel so really its just the badges, wheels and boards that are chrome.

DSTJ99

Reaction score
Whoops. Reading is fundamental. Guess I was too distracted by non-warped rambox doors.

Ha. That’s my good side. The passenger box is actually a little warped in the corners. Total fail on Rams part not making these things more rigid. I’m going to see if it gets worse and bring it up later this year if so with dealer. I was prepared for it going in though so doesn’t bother me.

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost

pmegason

Reaction score
Installed a Pedal Commander last weekend. The EcoDiesel is still a little slower off the start but it really kicks in fast. I'm guessing that's maybe the gearing or just the turbo spooling up. From a stand still in Sport +4 it won't throw you back in your seat but when it shifts into second the wheels break loose and it really starts moving. It definitely is much better when trying to pass somebody. Drove it from 400 miles from Corpus Christi to Fort Worth and had no issues. Runs normal with the cruise control on and when I wanted to get around somebody there was no hesitation. I kept it in Sport mode to and from Fort Worth.

Attachments

• Pedal Commander.jpg
    Pedal Commander.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 126

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I asked one of the dealers I go to about it and got blanks stares. These pics were from mid-October and I feel like it's gotten worse. The rambox is the only feature I regret. Cool concept, but I never use them.
a65eaaab78462b24488ebd7f864d2187.jpg
0a478c6d5cd8cf87ff5b5ed6328d4e51.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RamVader

Reaction score
The best $69.95 I spent on the truck so far! I came out to the parking lot after going into the store and I saw that some some jack *** backed into my truck. It was a hit-and-run. No note. Thank God I had this hitch step that I use to get into my truck bed with the multifunction tailgate. It just saved me a lot of money and repairs!
64c773e5c4342240a666e60679001232.jpg

8669cbe73e18ad00db538be27c87a460.jpg

e46cdf29b1cefec65ef9e66670f10677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skylarfaucett

Reaction score
I asked one of the dealers I go to about it and got blanks stares. These pics were from mid-October and I feel like it's gotten worse. The rambox is the only feature I regret. Cool concept, but I never use them.
a65eaaab78462b24488ebd7f864d2187.jpg
0a478c6d5cd8cf87ff5b5ed6328d4e51.jpg

Damn bro!! What is actually happening

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score

WReckeR

Reaction score
Pretty common issue apparently. Here's one thread about it.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...ping-and-alignment-issue-with-2019-rams.14879

There are others. Consensus, as far as I can tell, is that ram doesn't really have a good fix, and the fixes they do try don't always stick.

I've always thought the Ram Boxes were cool. I only have a Dakota club cab (getting my 2021 Laramie Jan 30th!), so groceries always go in the bed. I figured I could put my groceries in there to keep them from scattering all over the bed. Also, I haul my motorcycle in the back for out of state bike trips. I could put boots, helmet, leathers, tie down straps, etc. in the Boxes. So I wanted them. However, a 5'7 bed is just not enough bed for landscaping, renovation projects, or hauling a 1200cc sportbike. I'm getting a 6'4 bed, so Ram Boxes aren't an option. Maybe I dodged a bullet. Besides, the crew cab is BIG, I'll just put my gear back there.

obrien

Reaction score
I've always thought the Ram Boxes were cool. I only have a Dakota club cab (getting my 2021 Laramie Jan 30th!), so groceries always go in the bed. I figured I could put my groceries in there to keep them from scattering all over the bed. Also, I haul my motorcycle in the back for out of state bike trips. I could put boots, helmet, leathers, tie down straps, etc. in the Boxes. So I wanted them. However, a 5'7 bed is just not enough bed for landscaping, renovation projects, or hauling a 1200cc sportbike. I'm getting a 6'4 bed, so Ram Boxes aren't an option. Maybe I dodged a bullet. Besides, the crew cab is BIG, I'll just put my gear back there.
Just a side note for groceries. I have $15 cargo dividing bar from Harbor Freight which secures two containers against the tailgate -> perfect set up for the groceries etc shopping especially when combined with tonneau cover 20210117_142315.jpg 20210117_142305.jpg

smanthrav

Reaction score
Just a side note for groceries. I have $15 cargo dividing bar from Harbor Freight which secures two containers against the tailgate -> perfect set up for the groceries etc shopping especially when combined with tonneau cover View attachment 80407 View attachment 80408

Going to make my own bed divider with a cargo bar and some raptor-lined plywood.

Just my opinion but the ram boxes are too small for groceries. I feel like I’d be cramming those bulging grocery bags in to them.
That they took away significantly from the bed space was a deal breaker for me. I really don’t care about plywood. I just need a truck bed that’s large enough to fit at least 2suitcases and 2 bikes under a tonneu cover. And the 5’7” bed with the ram boxes doesn’t do that.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going to make my own bed divider with a cargo bar and some raptor-lined plywood.

Just my opinion but the ram boxes are too small for groceries. I feel like I’d be cramming those bulging grocery bags in to them.
That they took away significantly from the bed space was a deal breaker for me. I really don’t care about plywood. I just need a truck bed that’s large enough to fit at least 2suitcases and 2 bikes under a tonneu cover. And the 5’7” bed with the ram boxes doesn’t do that.

Well, as someone who has the Ramboxes I can say they fit a ton of groceries in there. Easily able to fit an entire buggie worth of loose groceries into it and larger stuff goes in the bed. Since I shop in bulk for my meat usually I throw all of the meat, seafood, and frozen items in there and then pick whatever else I can get into the passenger side rambox. My hitch, bungees, and straps are all on my driver's side.

obrien

Reaction score

show the pictures of your divider . I have a bar and it works perfectly, I will just get better containers then these cheap home depot once I had laying around. Buy it it works really well and wife loves it for groceries.

Ram boxes -> I also think that they take way too much space. Would I be a contractor, needing my tools to be charged and securely stored I might have different opinion.

BTW for the first time in my live I just hauled full 4x8 sheet of plywood without either renting truck or dealing with homedepot experts to cut it! What a freedom!

WReckeR

Reaction score
Traded it in for a new one
I'd really like to understand more your kind of buyer. You had a 2 yr old truck. Do you only keep them for short periods as a long term habit? Do you drive more than 25K miles a year? Really enjoy the new truck smell or new options previously unavailable? Do you always have a payment, or do you always pay cash?

Honestly, I'd love to always have a newish vehicle. But I also prefer to get out of payments ASAP. Further, if the truck is working fine and it's the latest model, I wouldn't think I'd get anything different by trading. So I'd keep what I have. But I recognize there are many different approaches / mindsets. I'd like to understand yours.

Users who are viewing this thread