5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Runagun

Reaction score
Holy ****...what happened? Clearly you're OK if you're on the forum.
Yeah I came out without a scratch thank God. Those winding gravel snow covered roads in Iowa. I was pulling a trailer to pick up a garden tractor. 1 min from my destination a sharp turn even with me driving like a turtle. Was slippery as shyt with trailer behind me. Pushed me into the ditch. The car worked wonderfully. Air bags deployed sos button worked. It really protected me well. Just big time sad ol girl is done for.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah I came out without a scratch thank God. Those winding gravel snow covered roads in Iowa. I was pulling a trailer to pick up a garden tractor. 1 min from my destination a sharp turn even with me driving like a turtle. Was slippery as shyt with trailer behind me. Pushed me into the ditch. The car worked wonderfully. Air bags deployed sos button worked. It really protected me well. Just big time sad ol girl is done for.
So happy to hear you're OK and the truck did what it was supposed to. This is why I moved to Florida from the Northeast :)

cjh0702

Reaction score
Installed LUYED LEDs so I can use the backup camera at night.

All of the info for this mod is found on this thread:

The difference is night and day (pun intended). Couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_0890 copy.jpg
    IMG_0890 copy.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0891 copy.jpg
    IMG_0891 copy.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 136

Shockingram

Reaction score
Night Rebel,
I would not order the tow mirrors, but if I buy off the dealer lot I may have to accept an otherwise preferably equipped model. I have found one that is suitable, but with the tow mirrors. As a 2021 model, they are now power retracted. Do you think the mirrors look okay when you DON'T have a trailer? They don't look goofy oversized or extend too far from the cab? I know the effect is exaggerated when they're flipped 90 degrees. I have not been able to see one in person, but I have looked at photos and videos. I can't decide.

If I do end up buying this model, I will remember your hint here with the damping noise control. I had not yet heard this was an issue.
I love the Tow Mirrors, I think they look great and make it easy to change lanes. The only negative would be driving in my garage, I need to retract because they are so big. I don’t have anything to tow either.

obrien

Reaction score
I am very sorry for your car and happy that you are ok. It is great to hear that Truck did his job, since I dry my family in it often I am glad to hear it!

Always better to have a totaled car and heathy body then the opposite! And on the bright side you can now shop for new one with all the insurance money!

WReckeR

Reaction score
I love the Tow Mirrors, I think they look great and make it easy to change lanes. The only negative would be driving in my garage, I need to retract because they are so big. I don’t have anything to tow either.
Well, the joke is on me, my garage was built in 1988, when vehicles were smaller. I cannot fit a Ram in there. My 2001 Dodge Dakota fits with just enough room to squeeze behind it. It is just the club cab, not the crew cab. The Ram would stick out at least 1-1/2 feet. Imagine the sinking feeling in my gut knowing I'm signing on for years of scraping windows and extra UV, with an empty garage bay. But hey, I'll have motor retracting mirrors!!

Runagun

Reaction score
Wow, glad the truck lived up to the IIHS Top Safety Plus standard that it recently earned. But more importantly, glad you're ok!!

You plan on getting another Ram 1500?
Yeah she did very well. I'm more inclined to. Looking at deals not sure if I could match the deal I got for her. Plus she had the lifetime warranty on her too. Which I can't get anymore. :(

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Any chance you have modified or added anything to the air intake system? I got this code when I added my SB intake on my 2019 and it went away after unhooking battery for a while.
Didn't do anything at all. I cleared the code but only to stop the engine light from yelling at me. Mine is currently at the dealer for this today.

FATKID

Reaction score
Yeah she did very well. I'm more inclined to. Looking at deals not sure if I could match the deal I got for her. Plus she had the lifetime warranty on her too. Which I can't get anymore. :(
Going to be able to recoup some of the unused warranty cost? I've done that twice in the past with significant success.

theeuroguy

Reaction score
Well, the joke is on me, my garage was built in 1988, when vehicles were smaller. I cannot fit a Ram in there. My 2001 Dodge Dakota fits with just enough room to squeeze behind it. It is just the club cab, not the crew cab. The Ram would stick out at least 1-1/2 feet. Imagine the sinking feeling in my gut knowing I'm signing on for years of scraping windows and extra UV, with an empty garage bay. But hey, I'll have motor retracting mirrors!!
I had the same issue, built a carport just for my Ram. We have 3 cars so something was going to be outside anyway. 🤔

theeuroguy

Reaction score
So today I got katzkin installed. Really happy with how it turned out. Still looks a bit loose, but the installer told me that it'll tighten up. The truck was super hot inside so that the wrinkles will relax. Regardless I'm happy.
17b83088064005c6d075960c412618fa.jpg
04724315143882d6e8eca524e57dd619.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Looks really great. Similar to what I ordered, just red on the wings. Just waiting on mine to come in. Did you get the leather to cover the door handle inserts?

WasatchBack

Reaction score
I just received it last night. Haven't removed/installed yet. I'm debating whether to just remove and replace the emblem portion. There are several pretty stout clips that secure the bezel to the hood. They expand/lock once inserted. I doubt they can be removed with out breaking.

I'm not so concerned about breaking the clips as I am damage to the hood that could be caused by excessive prying during removal.

View attachment 79785
its not that hard, follow the DIY on here, lay painters tape where you think you may touch the plastic pry tools. Dont be afraid to pull...hard.

Users who are viewing this thread