5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Made some progress blacking out all the chrome this weekend...

Before (for reference)..
IMG_0004.jpeg

What she looks like now...

tempImagew8sdHF.jpg
tempImagesiUlTq.jpg
tempImagemYVYaQ.jpg

I swapped all the badges with matte black badges I found on Ebay. Whole kit was around $100. Found a black Laramie badge on Ebay as well for $40. Removing the original badges was a pain the ***. I highly recommend investing in an eraser wheel if you plan on taking on this project. It would have easily cut the time it took to do by 1/3. Either way, I am ecstatic with the results and I couldn't be happier with how the truck looks right now.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made some progress blacking out all the chrome this weekend...

Before (for reference)..
View attachment 80038

What she looks like now...

View attachment 80039
View attachment 80040
View attachment 80041

I swapped all the badges with matte black badges I found on Ebay. Whole kit was around $100. Found a black Laramie badge on Ebay as well for $40. Removing the original badges was a pain the ***. I highly recommend investing in an eraser wheel if you plan on taking on this project. It would have easily cut the time it took to do by 1/3. Either way, I am ecstatic with the results and I couldn't be happier with how the truck looks right now.
Looks fantastic!

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I finally drove my truck! It been doing a lot of sitting lately, however we are now allowed back in our offices :)

Sinlinson

Reaction score
Had the lift, tires and rims installed over the weekend. Very happy with the way the truck looks and drives. The black rims with red accents really look good on this truck. No rubing so far. Not sure about full turn over rough terrain yet. The 20x9 with 0 offset have the tires tucked in close. Could have went with -10mm to get more aggresive. Lift came off Ebay. Tires and rims from Custom Offsets, came mounted and balanced and filled with nitrogen. Need to get my TPS programed.

Attachments

• b-a 1 (2).jpg
    b-a 1 (2).jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 207
  • lift 2.jpg
    lift 2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 197
  • lift 9.jpg
    lift 9.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 192
  • lift 8.jpg
    lift 8.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 204
  • lift 4.jpg
    lift 4.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 205

Kibro2

Reaction score
Had the lift, tires and rims installed over the weekend. Very happy with the way the truck looks and drives. The black rims with red accents really look good on this truck. No rubing so far. Not sure about full turn over rough terrain yet. The 20x9 with 0 offset have the tires tucked in close. Could have went with -10mm to get more aggresive. Lift came off Ebay. Tires and rims from Custom Offsets, came mounted and balanced and filled with nitrogen. Need to get my TPS programed.
Looks great, nice choice!

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
B2 exhaust coming today, waiting on a delmonico red ARE tonneau cover and this bad boy is finished! View attachment 80035

Great build!

I think you'll like the B2 exhaust! I never made a sound video of the B2 after I installed it, but did just post a short video in my build thread showing my kid playing with the Rebel out on some dunes; gives a taste of the sound under some throttle at distance.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Man that thing is tighter then a fat girls sock! I love that color!!!!
Great build!

I think you'll like the B2 exhaust! I never made a sound video of the B2 after I installed it, but did just post a short video in my build thread showing my kid playing with the Rebel out on some dunes; gives a taste of the sound under some throttle at distance.

Nice truck sounds great! I’m still waiting on UPS lol.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I got rid of the pesky wind noise from the tow mirror! View attachment 80086 View attachment 80087 View attachment 80088
Night Rebel,
I would not order the tow mirrors, but if I buy off the dealer lot I may have to accept an otherwise preferably equipped model. I have found one that is suitable, but with the tow mirrors. As a 2021 model, they are now power retracted. Do you think the mirrors look okay when you DON'T have a trailer? They don't look goofy oversized or extend too far from the cab? I know the effect is exaggerated when they're flipped 90 degrees. I have not been able to see one in person, but I have looked at photos and videos. I can't decide.

If I do end up buying this model, I will remember your hint here with the damping noise control. I had not yet heard this was an issue.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Night Rebel,
I would not order the tow mirrors, but if I buy off the dealer lot I may have to accept an otherwise preferably equipped model. I have found one that is suitable, but with the tow mirrors. As a 2021 model, they are now power retracted. Do you think the mirrors look okay when you DON'T have a trailer? They don't look goofy oversized or extend too far from the cab? I know the effect is exaggerated when they're flipped 90 degrees. I have not been able to see one in person, but I have looked at photos and videos. I can't decide.

If I do end up buying this model, I will remember your hint here with the damping noise control. I had not yet heard this was an issue.
I was in the same boat. I got a deal on my rebel with it being a demo. So i couldn't pass it up. But i do like the tow mirrors and i just flipped them back to regular mirrors for something different. No towing with me either. But will probably still flip the back at some point. I wouldn't let mirrors make the decision for ya. Especially if there folding too.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Anyone find a RPG front-illuminated RAM front grill Emblem

This company makes an illuminated emblem, but you have to choose one color. Also myself and others have found the fitment to be off. They were gracious enough to accept a return though. Harman mentioned they would correct the fitment issues, but I haven't heard anything new about that.

I went ahead and made a spacer for the factory letters that follows the curve of the mounting plate. It can fit a full RGBW strip in it. Still need to print a version with 100% in fill to tone down the brightness and hot spot look of the LEDs. What's nice is they plug directly in to the Diode Dynamics controller I already have for the headlight LED boards.

PXL_20201203_231539236.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread