5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

davidn0021

Reaction score

This company makes an illuminated emblem, but you have to choose one color. Also myself and other have found the fitment to be off. They were gracious enough to accept a return though. Harman mentioned they would correct the fitment issues, but I haven't heard anything new about that.

I went ahead and made a spacer for the factory letters that follows the curve of the mounting plate. It can fit a full RGBW strip in it. Still need to print a version with 100% in fill to tone down the brightness and hot spot look of the LEDs. What's nice is they plug directly in to the Diode Dynamics controller I already have for the headlight LED boards.
View attachment 80152 View attachment 80153
Wow, I was just thinking about doing something like this! I looked at the Limited's RAM emblem in the grill and I think I would have to cut out the letters... I may have to remove the entire grill and route out a spot for some LEDs.

Last edited:

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went ahead and made a spacer for the factory letters that follows the curve of the mounting plate....

That's awesome! I have been thinking to do the same thing but haven't pulled my emblems yet - had the same qualm with Harman's product.

Can you share the STL? I'd be glad to tweak it with some ideas also

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
That's awesome! I have been thinking to do the same thing but haven't pulled my emblems yet - had the same qualm with Harman's product.

Can you share the STL? I'd be glad to tweak it with some ideas also
Let me think on that. I've got quite a bit of time tied up in this and prototypes. The curvature of the letters and mounting base makes things exponentially more difficult which is why I think Harman never completed corrections.

I had made a post about these some time ago about possibly making these (cheap) and I took a lot of grief from a couple of members here. So, I may just keep it as a one off.

sbdf1

Reaction score
Not a big change, 9 year ceramic coating including windows. Got the truck back yesterday and it looks amazing, the red pops like crazy even at night. Had them do PPF on the hood, fenders, mirrors and door handle pockets too. They did the winter rims for me even though it's going back once the summers are on which is a nice bonus service. Both sets of wheels will be coated and protected (y).
*Second picture is a little blurry but truck is covered in snow now..*

7d5cf901-c616-49a5-bc06-5e6f87e6aeaa.jpg
b7835b1f-ff20-4de9-b77a-6e8a54643355.jpg

WReckeR

Reaction score
Not a big change, 9 year ceramic coating including windows. Got the truck back yesterday and it looks amazing, the red pops like crazy even at night. Had them do PPF on the hood, fenders, mirrors and door handle pockets too. They did the winter rims for me even though it's going back once the summers are on which is a nice bonus service. Both sets of wheels will be coated and protected (y).
*Second picture is a little blurry but truck is covered in snow now..*

View attachment 80174
View attachment 80175
Lookin sharp! Red's not my color personally, unless it's a Ducati :D But the gloss is really up! How much? I'd like to get a 9 year as well.

sbdf1

Reaction score
Lookin sharp! Red's not my color personally, unless it's a Ducati :D But the gloss is really up! How much? I'd like to get a 9 year as well.
Cost of the coating alone is $2,000 plus the PPF. But I'm in Canada so pricing may be different if you're in the US. The detail shop I go to uses Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Let me think on that. I've got quite a bit of time tied up in this and prototypes. The curvature of the letters and mounting base makes things exponentially more difficult which is why I think Harman never completed corrections.

I had made a post about these some time ago about possibly making these (cheap) and I took a lot of grief from a couple of members here. So, I may just keep it as a one off.
I would be interested

Grouper

Reaction score
BedRug mat for RamBox Bed.

I had the full BedRug in my Silverado for 10 years and I'm a big fan but decided to try just the mat, since this truck has factory spray-in liner.

Way too soon to draw a conclusion but I think BedRug could have put some more Velcro on the mat, closer to the edges.

BedRug Mat 1.jpg

Wsmith

Reaction score
I don't agree. I have the standard mirrors as well on my 2021 (they should be no different from 2019 - 2021). It appears that you just have to insert a very small screwdriver in the correct spot and pop out the old. I just don't want to damage the mirror underside so looking to see what the OP used. I have tiny flat blade drivers so probably just need to pick the smallest one I have. Should not be any different than this YT video.

I have a 2020 gen 5. That video is a classic. I looked at my mirrors the are completely different from the ones in the video. My puddle lights look like the are behind a large clear lens. Is this the mirrors you have as well.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 gen 5. That video is a classic. I looked at my mirrors the are completely different from the ones in the video. My puddle lights look like the are behind a large clear lens. Is this the mirrors you have as well.
Yep...it appears that the 2020 mirrors and 2021 are the same. They are LEDs behind a clear plastic lens built right into the mirror bottom side. Never looked at them on my 2019 to ever notice.

Gio

Reaction score
So today I got katzkin installed. Really happy with how it turned out. Still looks a bit loose, but the installer told me that it'll tighten up. The truck was super hot inside so that the wrinkles will relax. Regardless I'm happy.
17b83088064005c6d075960c412618fa.jpg
04724315143882d6e8eca524e57dd619.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So today I got katzkin installed. Really happy with how it turned out. Still looks a bit loose, but the installer told me that it'll tighten up. The truck was super hot inside so that the wrinkles will relax. Regardless I'm happy.
Very nice! Love the two-tone look...great colors! Enjoy the new seats my friend :)

Reactions: Gio

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
Night Rebel,
I would not order the tow mirrors, but if I buy off the dealer lot I may have to accept an otherwise preferably equipped model. I have found one that is suitable, but with the tow mirrors. As a 2021 model, they are now power retracted. Do you think the mirrors look okay when you DON'T have a trailer? They don't look goofy oversized or extend too far from the cab? I know the effect is exaggerated when they're flipped 90 degrees. I have not been able to see one in person, but I have looked at photos and videos. I can't decide.

If I do end up buying this model, I will remember your hint here with the damping noise control. I had not yet heard this was an issue.
Tow mirrors look fine. You will likely love them, being a little larger than regular mirrors. Bonus if they are now power folding ! Don't make the mirrors your deciding factor... truck looks great no matter what mirrors!

Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
17b83088064005c6d075960c412618fa.jpg
04724315143882d6e8eca524e57dd619.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Man those look comfy

Reactions: Gio

HemiDude

Reaction score
Ordered my new wheels and tires - Fuel Heaters and Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s - Can't wait for month's end!

WReckeR

Reaction score
The Ram I will get will have a 6'4 bed and the MFT. The one I'm looking at now does not include the factory tonneau cover. Most likely I can order it from the dealership. But I could also buy from the aftermarket. When I was browsing in December, every one said it was not compatible with the MFT. So what is the solution?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Ram I will get will have a 6'4 bed and the MFT. The one I'm looking at now does not include the factory tonneau cover. Most likely I can order it from the dealership. But I could also buy from the aftermarket. When I was browsing in December, every one said it was not compatible with the MFT. So what is the solution?
If you don't have Ram Boxes, then all you'll need is this:

Users who are viewing this thread