5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

DONZILLA

Reaction score
I know you were asking the OP about the mopar deflectors but figured I'd come in that I have the EGR in channel and they've been flawless for 1 year 8 months. They are about $90 a set I believe.
Thanks! I remember looking at those. Kinda thin I thought.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! I remember looking at those. Kinda thin I thought.
Mine are actually very thick and the cust service was very good. The 1st set I received had a very small defect on the rear passenger side and when I asked them over email they immediately sent a new full set no questions asked and no cost to me.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
installed OEM rain window deflectors. Easy install except the pins. Still easy. Just thick fingers made it a little more challenging. Love the ram emblem on the front door deflectors.
B037265B-6AA2-42FE-ABE7-FCBA9AE2134E_1_105_c.jpeg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered the last of the black badging... laramie badge and the sport hood bezel.

Funeman

Reaction score
Installed block heater cable. Noco weather proof outlet protector going in under the bumper once I get the 2” hole cutter. No more sitting in an ice box in the morning.

Grouper

Reaction score
Sheesh that’s a lot of clips. You’re right those are some serious clips too.. I have heard someone pulled their heat shield from the hood and only 4 of those clips were accessible underneath.. you’ll have to update on when you install this, curious to see which route you take.

I decided to go all in. I pried-off the the old bezel and I'm glad I did. I didn't want to hack-up the brand new bezel by attempting to remove only the emblem. It wasn't very difficult. The hood is some kind of plastic, so it's pretty forgiving.

The OE black looks so much better than the chrome with the overlay, in my opinion.

You can find some more pics by following this link.

Before, with overlay applied to chrome emblem:
Overlay 2.jpg

After, with entire bezel replaced with OE black emblem:
Bezel (9).jpg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I decided to go all in. I pried-off the the old bezel and I'm glad I did. I didn't want to hack-up the brand new bezel by attempting to remove only the emblem. It wasn't very difficult. The hood is some kind of plastic, so it's pretty forgiving.

The OE black looks so much better than the chrome with the overlay, in my opinion.

You can find some more pics by following this link.

Before, with overlay applied to chrome emblem:
View attachment 79820

After, with entire bezel replaced with OE black emblem:
View attachment 79819
Looks much better, I ordered the full bezel and will do the same as you. Nice work!

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
Installed block heater cable. Noco weather proof outlet protector going in under the bumper once I get the 2” hole cutter. No more sitting in an ice box in the morning.
The Noco outlet works great. I put mine just to the left of the rear license plate - looks factory installed

flyfingers

Reaction score
Didn't do anything super exciting or difficult but I did add a bit of practicality by putting in an under seat storage bin. Fits like a glove and although kind of pricey for a simple piece of molded plastic, it's invaluable in terms of additional storage.
On Amazon - Husky Liners - 9421

Attachments

• IMG_5243.JPG
    IMG_5243.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5244.JPG
    IMG_5244.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5245.JPG
    IMG_5245.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 168

WReckeR

Reaction score
I bet it saves tires more than fuel. Ha!

Actually, I've been debating if overcoming the throttle lag would actually help me save fuel because I currently push harder because I know I need to just to get going. Then, I get too far into the throttle and next thing I know, I am at 4k RPMs when I was only trying to add a little bit of speed quickly. This is especially true when trying to overcome the drops in speed when going up overpasses (not many hills in Florida) on the highway. I also have the 3.21 gears, so it's not as responsive.
Man, what a mess! I'm gonna pay for a truck this expensive, and it's lethargic and complains uphill? Sheesh.

WReckeR

Reaction score
7dcbbfbe2dca35e6fe09466f4d81ae6f.jpg

Ceramic coating, love how it makes the paint look like glass
DIY, or professional? Pro grade is a much higher quality product, supposedly. It looks great. Granite Crystal?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How was the install? Where did you run the wire if you are using the Noco?

spencerclift21

Reaction score
DIY, or professional? Pro grade is a much higher quality product, supposedly. It looks great. Granite Crystal?

Professional, I’m going to have the truck for a long time. Granite Crystal looks phenomenal with the ceramic coating.

I went with professional because I just have to take it back once a year for an inspection and they will fix any imperfections with the coating thanks to the warranty.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Professional, I’m going to have the truck for a long time. Granite Crystal looks phenomenal with the ceramic coating.

I went with professional because I just have to take it back once a year for an inspection and they will fix any imperfections with the coating thanks to the warranty.
dang that sounds awesome. what state/ shop is that?

Funeman

Reaction score
How was the install? Where did you run the wire if you are using the Noco?
Hardest part was plugging in the wire. I was just barely able to reach it over the tire in the wheel well. I ran the extension cord along the passenger side of the engine compartment to the front and straight down to the inside of the bumper. I zip tied it in a few locations along the way. Heading to Harbor Freight tomorrow to get the hole saw blade. Noco install will only take 5 minutes.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hardest part was plugging in the wire. I was just barely able to reach it over the tire in the wheel well. I ran the extension cord along the passenger side of the engine compartment to the front and straight down to the inside of the bumper. I zip tied it in a few locations along the way. Heading to Harbor Freight tomorrow to get the hole saw blade. Noco install will only take 5 minutes.
Did you need to remove the starter? That is what it looks like from a You Tube video. Dealer wanted $545 for parts and labor - no tax:eek:.

Users who are viewing this thread