5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just watched a YT video on this thing. Amazing results. I was always a Goo-Gone guy. I would be a bit apprehensive using this on my black truck. I know it says it's safe, but thinking that on black (or other dark colors), it could leave micro abrasions. Thoughts?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Laramie night edition wheels are much nicer and sportier IMO
It is all personal preference. I actually think the Limited 22" wheels are sweet and some of the nicest looking OEM wheels on any truck manufactured today. I like the Laramie's too, but, to me, not as nice as the Limited. To each their own my friend :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Iv
Decided to install most of the reflective concepts package I received in the mail. Still have the ram badge on the tailgate which I'm not sure about applying as well as the two front door badges. I'm actually thinking of de badging the doors.. waiting for some better weather and I'll paint the tow hooks to match. The inset Hemi 5.7L was a *****... I used two small control screwdrivers to get them set in. Worked alright.

View attachment 79716 View attachment 79717 View attachment 79718 View attachment 79719 View attachment 79720
I vote leave the Ram on tailgate black. I think it would be too much if it was red.

K_Hub

Reaction score
I just watched a YT video on this thing. Amazing results. I was always a Goo-Gone guy. I would be a bit apprehensive using this on my black truck. I know it says it's safe, but thinking that on black (or other dark colors), it could leave micro abrasions. Thoughts?

Ensure that your truck and the wheel are free from any dirt or debris and you should be good. Also don’t push it to full RPM. Start slow and you’ll find the sweet spot on speed. Personally, I would grab a decal wheel before ever putting goo gone on my truck regardless of color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ensure that your truck and the wheel are free from any dirt or debris and you should be good. Also don’t push it to full RPM. Start slow and you’ll find the sweet spot on speed. Personally, I would grab a decal wheel before ever putting goo gone on my truck regardless of color.
Thanks for the feedback. Actually have used Automotive Goo-Gone for the last 10 years without any issues at all. Totally safe on clear coat and painted surfaces.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Actually have used Automotive Goo-Gone for the last 10 years without any issues at all. Totally safe on clear coat and painted surfaces.

I use it for removing tar from the rocker panels on my truck. I should have been more clear. For removing decals or badges, the wheel trumps all both in speed and effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I use it for removing tar from the rocker panels on my truck. I should have been more clear. For removing decals or badges, the wheel trumps all both in speed and effort.
After watching the video...no doubt my friend...no doubt at all!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It scratched mine when removing the dealer decal adhesive. I was able to get the scratches out pretty easily but I could see the scratches in the black paint.
I suspected this may happen so I opted for the better quality 3M wheel without the sharp edges to mitigate it but still got them

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks...that is what I would be concerned about.

This worked far better and zero marks and cheaper. Get the adhesive warm the it rub it off with your finger, rolls up like rubber cement in HS art class

spencerclift21

Reaction score
7dcbbfbe2dca35e6fe09466f4d81ae6f.jpg

Ceramic coating, love how it makes the paint look like glass

Grouper

Reaction score
I am thinking of just replacing the entire bezel as well. The overlay doesnt look bad but it seems like a half *** way to dechrome. How did you remove your bezel???

I just received it last night. Haven't removed/installed yet. I'm debating whether to just remove and replace the emblem portion. There are several pretty stout clips that secure the bezel to the hood. They expand/lock once inserted. I doubt they can be removed with out breaking.

I'm not so concerned about breaking the clips as I am damage to the hood that could be caused by excessive prying during removal.

Bezel 1.jpg

Bezel 2.jpg

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just received it last night. Haven't removed/installed yet. I'm debating whether to just remove and replace the emblem portion. There are several pretty stout clips that secure the bezel to the hood. They expand/lock once inserted. I doubt they can be removed with out breaking.

I'm not so concerned about breaking the clips as I am damage to the hood that could be caused by excessive prying during removal.

View attachment 79785

View attachment 79784
Sheesh that’s a lot of clips. You’re right those are some serious clips too.. I have heard someone pulled their heat shield from the hood and only 4 of those clips were accessible underneath.. you’ll have to update on when you install this, curious to see which route you take.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
How much does it cost for ceramic coating for RAM 1500 short bed model?
It really depends on a huge number of factors. You can easily do it yourself for under $100.00 if you have the right tools and product. Its just time consuming so plan to spend the weekend. Some have gotten it done for around $500 and others have spent $1500-$2000 which, for me, is CRAZY! It's actually not as hard as some think. The greatest amount of time is the paint correction. The ceramic coat goes on very easy in about 2' X 2' sections (maybe a bit larger) and then just wipes off after it hazes. With a quality polisher, pad and product, paint correction is actually not bad at all to DIY.

FishOn

Reaction score
Nope. I used the cheap one from Amazon too...

Users who are viewing this thread