5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

4MO

Reaction score
Never heard of them....they must be cheap

I would utilize the term cost effective, but definitely cheaper than Toyo Ridge Grapplers I was considering. They had good reviews in A couple of the off-road magazines and on the YouTube review groups like Trailbuilt off-road and Custom Wheel offset etc so I gave them a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would utilize the term cost effective, but definitely cheaper than Toyo Ridge Grapplers I was considering. They had good reviews in A couple of the off-road magazines and on the YouTube review groups like Trailbuilt off-road and Custom Wheel offset etc so I gave them a go.
Better term indeed...I watched a few quick YT vids and they said "cheap", but I'm sure that's relative to a nice Nitto RG or Toyo AT3.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much did you pay for that package? I got a quote for almost $2k for just the mirrors/fenders/hood/bumper.
This isn’t a terrible price for full hood and fenders. I have XPEL PPF on my bumper, headlights and panels above the bumper and it cost me $500.

davidn0021

Reaction score
This isn’t a terrible price for full hood and fenders. I have XPEL PPF on my bumper, headlights and panels above the bumper and it cost me $500.

Maybe I can negotiate headlights and roof too.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe I can negotiate headlights and roof too.
I’d definitely do the headlights. Maybe try and get that and your original quoted locations for 1700-1800 and it would be a good deal. PPF is really helpful. My 2021 had it on within the first few days of owning it.

Dizzle_6

Reaction score
So wasn't done today but my first real mods on the Ram.

Long story short... It's my first brand new vehicle I've ever had. Made my first truck payment and 3 days later hit my first deer in 20 years of driving 🤬.

Opened the door to change some things up on the front end though. Lemme know what you guys think!

Still need to put the skid plate on but you get the idea...

Attachments

• Snapchat-276754568.jpg
    Snapchat-276754568.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 212

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
How much did you pay for that package? I got a quote for almost $2k for just the mirrors/fenders/hood/bumper.
How much coverage on the hood/fenders? I have 24" on hood/fenders and all the other items (mirrors, bumper, grille, pillars + roof) in Suntek PPF. $800 CDN

Midnight1988

Reaction score
So wasn't done today but my first real mods on the Ram.

Long story short... It's my first brand new vehicle I've ever had. Made my first truck payment and 3 days later hit my first deer in 20 years of driving .

Opened the door to change some things up on the front end though. Lemme know what you guys think!

Still need to put the skid plate on but you get the idea...

That looks pretty sexy. Which bumper is that? Can you take pictures of the side so i can see how flush it is? What kind of changes have you noticed in driving, mpg etc.

-Midnight @midnight_the1500

Laramie 5’ 7” 4x4 Crew Cab
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
Level 2 Equipment Group
19–Speaker Harman Kardon Premium Sound, Blind–Spot with Cross–Path Detection, HD Radio, Heated Second–Row Seats, ParkSense Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop Rain–Sensitive Windshield Wipers, Rear Under–Seat Compartment Storage, Remote Tailgate–Release, Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split–Recline Seat Single–Disc Remote CD Player, Tailgate–Ajar Warning Lamp, Uconnect 4C NAV with 12–Inch Display, Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle, 5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine, Panoramic sunroof, Power Running Boards, Rear Wheelhouse–Liners , 33–Gallon Fuel Tank, 20” polished rims, drop in bed liner

Items installed after purchase:
RetraxPro MX Tonneau Cover, Yakima crossbars and Bike rack, Mopar 2” lift kit, Ceramic Coated, Tinted windows, AMP research side step 2.0, Lasfit Auto lighting for third brake light, K&N drop in air and cabin filter, Suspension and Transfer Case skid plates, 285/65R20 BF Goodrich KO2s, Wilco offset hitchgate.

Dizzle_6

Reaction score
That looks pretty sexy. Which bumper is that? Can you take pictures of the side so i can see how flush it is? What kind of changes have you noticed in driving, mpg etc.

-Midnight @midnight_the1500

Laramie 5’ 7” 4x4 Crew Cab
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
Level 2 Equipment Group
19–Speaker Harman Kardon Premium Sound, Blind–Spot with Cross–Path Detection, HD Radio, Heated Second–Row Seats, ParkSense Front and Rear Park–Assist with Stop Rain–Sensitive Windshield Wipers, Rear Under–Seat Compartment Storage, Remote Tailgate–Release, Rear 60 / 40 Folding Split–Recline Seat Single–Disc Remote CD Player, Tailgate–Ajar Warning Lamp, Uconnect 4C NAV with 12–Inch Display, Front and Rear Rubber Floor Mats, 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio, Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle, 5.7–Liter V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine, Panoramic sunroof, Power Running Boards, Rear Wheelhouse–Liners , 33–Gallon Fuel Tank, 20” polished rims, drop in bed liner

Items installed after purchase:
RetraxPro MX Tonneau Cover, Yakima crossbars and Bike rack, Mopar 2” lift kit, Ceramic Coated, Tinted windows, AMP research side step 2.0, Lasfit Auto lighting for third brake light, K&N drop in air and cabin filter, Suspension and Transfer Case skid plates, 285/65R20 BF Goodrich KO2s, Wilco offset hitchgate.
It's the Black Horse Off Road Armour bumper with the bull nose. MPG's have definitely dropped a tick but I was expecting that since the front air spoiler and stuff was removed. I just went out and snapped a couple pics. Don't mind the dirt... She needs a bath. Haha. I still need to spend some time really getting it lined up and centered but just had to get it on so I could get the truck back out on the road. Haven't noticed any wind noise or whistling from it even on the highway so pretty pleased with that. Hopefully will get the skid plate on sometime this weekend if I get a little free time which will help clean up the look a bit.

Attachments

• 20210111_123156.jpg
    20210111_123156.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 20210111_123211.jpg
    20210111_123211.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 20210111_123231.jpg
    20210111_123231.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 180

JackWaggon

Reaction score
Well nothing special, but I got my first oil change. Also boys and girls if you have not done recently get out there and detail the interior of your truck. The weather is crappy up here in the Pacific North West, but I finally decided to knock it out. Man it feels like I just bought the sum *****.

Users who are viewing this thread