5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Total

Reaction score
I am planning to get 70% for all around the windows includes sunroof and windshield for heat rejection. Still doing research for brands. Was trying to do 3M crystalline, unfortunately the installer won't do sunroof and windshield...
My installer was confident in doing the windshield and quoted me at $70 extra to do it. I declined since I didn't want to take a chance. I ordered the covercraft windshield cover instead for when my truck sitting in the sun.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
cheap chrome deletion. Like it a lot. Better then I expected. Order for the grill RAM now on the way.
Also have a red and carbon fiber for the 1500 and 5.7 semi hood coming. Now have to work on the Wife for new wheels. Really don't like the chrome. Wanted sport but could not find any in this area on the lower end of the price range. Was in a hurry because my 2017 jeep went swimming and the water won that battle.
IMG_1475.jpeg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Had my Xpel PPF installed today on the entire front end of the truck, headlights, door edge guards and the top portion of the tailgate. I'd show you pics but you'll never see it ;)

jsteinm1

Reaction score
So I rolled the dice on a Truxedo X15 Pro off Amazon Warehouse. It was listed as "missing hardware" for $325, figured why not? Showed up today, was short a lock washer, six screws, a lock nut, and the weather stripping. Found some suitable (we'll see when it rains I guess) weather stripping in my closet and spent $2 on hardware at Ace and the cover is otherwise in mint condition. Would recommend checking their warehouse deals on parts especially since they have free returns usually, though YMMV.

StraightArrow

Reaction score
244dac9709a69ffaf9ae05a2b31992cc.jpg

Decorated the bed... (Had to remove the Ultra Flex tonneau cover, took 1 minute...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tell me about your bed step there. That isn't stock is it? The stock one is usually out the drivers side corner, right? Yours makes a lot more sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The one on the driver's side corner is for when the tailgate is open down (i.e. like a normal tailgate). The center step would be useless for that.

The center step is for when you have an MFT and have it open barn door style.

If I had an MFT, I would want both. I use my corner step all the time. Even if I had an MFT, I would put it down and use the corner step every time I load my motorcycle in the truck.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
The one on the driver's side corner is for when the tailgate is open down (i.e. like a normal tailgate). The center step would be useless for that.

The center step is for when you have an MFT and have it open barn door style.

If I had an MFT, I would want both. I use my corner step all the time. Even if I had an MFT, I would put it down and use the corner step every time I load my motorcycle in the truck.
Yep, and in all honesty I almost never put the tailgate down in the traditional way. Barn door for life! MFT is definitely a feature that I thought wouldn't get much use, but ended up being the most useful.
I've got a 5" lift, 35's, and crap knees, so this is a must for me. I've just got to get off my lazy butt and order it.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, and in all honesty I almost never put the tailgate down in the traditional way. Barn door for life! MFT is definitely a feature that I thought wouldn't get much use, but ended up being the most useful.
I've got a 5" lift, 35's, and crap knees, so this is a must for me. I've just got to get off my lazy butt and order it.

I can imagine! The MFT is the one thing my truck doesn't have that I really wanted. But, it wasn't even released yet when I got my truck. I would still lower my tailgate for carrying my motorcycle. But, most of what I do is load scuba tanks and gear in and out and for that the MFT would be the BEST!

Oh, well. Next truck... :)

Users who are viewing this thread