5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JonUSN

Reaction score
-Gator SR1 Cover put on today

-$45 DIY cargo management system. ($29 adjustable bar + 2 plastic bins)

Attachments

• D71217B1-D9AD-46FA-AD16-4D000DE9BDC2.jpeg
    D71217B1-D9AD-46FA-AD16-4D000DE9BDC2.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 3AB7886F-242B-47F9-9AED-07170D7C0525.jpeg
    3AB7886F-242B-47F9-9AED-07170D7C0525.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 8208881B-EEAF-4412-AE03-F50CA0674B22.jpeg
    8208881B-EEAF-4412-AE03-F50CA0674B22.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 219
  • E6FA2C27-B851-4918-A8E6-EBE65ED88C68.jpeg
    E6FA2C27-B851-4918-A8E6-EBE65ED88C68.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 216

KirkDS

Reaction score
LEER 100XQ. Didn't want to do it, but had to, but I'm super happy with how it turned out. Will probably look even better with some bigger tires?
Added a BedRug as well...makes it nice and cushy back there for my drums...and of course the first thing I did was see how they fit.
Ram-topper.JPG
Ram-drums.JPG

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LEER 100XQ. Didn't want to do it, but had to, but I'm super happy with how it turned out. Will probably look even better with some bigger tires?
Added a BedRug as well...makes it nice and cushy back there for my drums...and of course the first thing I did was see how they fit.
View attachment 76706
View attachment 76707
You will not regret getting the BedRug with the LEER top. (y)

I had that setup in my last truck (Silverado), it makes the back of the truck more comfortable and flexible for storage. :geek: 🥁 🎳 🏈 ⚽

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Thor that don’t want the flag window decal can go this route $50 on Etsy. It is a plastic version as opposed to the metal one. Fit really well and has 49 stars due to the shape.
View attachment 76679
View attachment 76680

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They dropped California off the flag. It’s about time. Next New York.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
View attachment 76706
View attachment 76707
What’d that end up costing? After my leaking tonneau I was tempted to go that route but for that money I might as well buy a plow and tonneau

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok, you've piqued my interest. Which people and what states do they want to add?
Democrats.

They have been trying off and on for many years. During the first civil war they were trying to make Cuba a state. Currently they want to make DC and Puerto Rico states. Why you ask? Well for votes of course, not that they really need them with the propaganda... I mean, the media doing their bidding.

End rant, back on topic

Maxx

Reaction score
Installed the Retrax ProMX this weekend: https://retrax.com/product-detail/80244.

View attachment 76588

MANY thanks to @Snicklefritz_76 for his help and some of his tips, especially about using replacement/upgraded weather-stripping.

Looks like you have the new style rails for the rambox which is the same as I have. I'm getting a lot of water in bed when it rains, I have removed the silver rails & ran a bead of caulking down the length of the rail & sealed the front 2 corners behind the cab, which has stopped some of the leaking.
Have you have any leaks & have you fixed them, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx!
Installed the Retrax ProMX this weekend: https://retrax.com/product-detail/80244.

View attachment 76588 have the new style rail with the side weather seal that allows the Rambox to fully open, I have the same one and had leaks down both sides of the rail that came in between the seal & the box. I removed the silver ram rail and ran a bead of caulk on the rail which sealed the leaking down the side of the bed & sealed the 2 front corners behind the cab.

MANY thanks to @Snicklefritz_76 for his help and some of his tips, especially about using replacement/upgraded weather-stripping.

It looks like you

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Democrats.

They have been trying off and on for many years. During the first civil war they were trying to make Cuba a state. Currently they want to make DC and Puerto Rico states. Why you ask? Well for votes of course, not that they really need them with the propaganda... I mean, the media doing their bidding.

End rant, back on topic
Please, no poli-ticks. Don't want this to degrade into another uncivil war ;-)

RickWaz

Reaction score
Looks like you have the new style rails for the rambox which is the same as I have. I'm getting a lot of water in bed when it rains, I have removed the silver rails & ran a bead of caulking down the length of the rail & sealed the front 2 corners behind the cab, which has stopped some of the leaking.
Have you have any leaks & have you fixed them, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx!

It looks like you
Hi Maxx. It's only been outside once while it was raining and I only had one area where a minor amount of water entered. I'll have to wait until it's warmer again to use add'l weather stripping and/or sealant. But right now the very minor amount of leakage does not bother me. Good luck!

JonUSN

Reaction score
Maybe dumb question but what exact plastic bins are those and where did you get them?
can’t remember , whatever home depot sells (they had yellow lids). have to be really shallow ones otherwise not much room
between tonneau to reach in and out.
+got the bed/bar adjustable divider at home depot also

Priceless409

Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to post this a while back. But I’ve been busy. I did this back in November when the weather was decent in NY.

DIY Raptor lined the bed with the help of a friend who did his Ram prior. Came out great!! Also undercoated the Truck with Woolwax & Fluid film a week or two afterwards.

Next up rear wheel well liners.

Attachments

• FF6797DA-3542-440D-91C2-BBC73DE78115.jpeg
    FF6797DA-3542-440D-91C2-BBC73DE78115.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 4AC7B2C7-AE85-4C76-984F-76B9440E256B.jpeg
    4AC7B2C7-AE85-4C76-984F-76B9440E256B.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 3DBF0644-824A-430C-A273-061F8A90F434.jpeg
    3DBF0644-824A-430C-A273-061F8A90F434.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 1FDB3612-3A7D-45BC-8B92-9DE6C1AE8D80.jpeg
    1FDB3612-3A7D-45BC-8B92-9DE6C1AE8D80.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 219

KirkDS

Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to post this a while back. But I’ve been busy. I did this back in November when the weather was decent in NY.

DIY Raptor lined the bed with the help of a friend who did his Ram prior. Came out great!! Also undercoated the Truck with Woolwax & Fluid film a week or two afterwards.

Looks great! Would love to hear some details about how you did the Woolwax and Fluid Film. I am hoping to tackle that myself, but don't have a lift, etc.

Priceless409

Reaction score
Looks great! Would love to hear some details about how you did the Woolwax and Fluid Film. I am hoping to tackle that myself, but don't have a lift, etc.
It was a interesting night!!! We learned a lot of hard lessons the night me and the same friend who helped me with the Raptor liner did our Trucks. We used a lift at my buddy’s shop so I can’t speak much to not having one. It took us close to 4 hours for two trucks, but we had numerous hiccups and setbacks. After we were done we figured we could easily do one truck in under 1 hour now knowing what to do.

I watched a ton of videos prior to figure out techniques and what spots to target. You'd be better off checking Fluid film’s promotional video and videos from YouTuber’s like the Repair Geek. They have some very comprehensive videos and the visuals may help.

From that night we did learn a few lessons that will help speed up the process and make it easier next time.

- Should go without saying, but make sure your Truck’s undercarriage is washed and dried beforehand
- Use a large tarp or drop cloths under vehicle
- Wear a dust mask, tyvek suit and disposable gloves. We didn’t, it can get messy.
- Use multiple lights at different angles to make sure you are applying it everywhere. Wearing a headlamp is not a bad idea too.
- Warm the fluid film or Woolwax prior. I foolishly left it in my Truck during the day and it was like 40/45 degrees outside. It was stupid thick and took time to warm up in the quart bottles soaking in a bucket of warm water.
- Speaking of, buy extra quart bottles.
- ***Understand*** how to properly use the spray gun!!! This is what killed us and robbed us of so much time. We almost gave up. Turns out the Kellsport gun we were using had two different adjustments on the nozzle. We did not understand that and after one truck was done we must of accidentally moved it. It took a while to troubleshoot. We cleaned the gun multiple times, checked air pressure, fooled with the nozzle... so much time was wasted 🤦‍♂️
- If you use spray cans ignore the last 3 points...
- We used a U pattern to spray the truck. Once done, turn around and do your U pattern in reverse. This will ensure you hit everything.

Hope this helps....

Des

Kazoo

Reaction score

Where in NY are you, I was looking at the Raptor Liner myself!!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Today I had my windows tinted at 20% with a high-end ceramic. On Monday, she goes in for the paint protection film to protect the entire front end of the truck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread