5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finally ordered 33" Michelin Defenders to replace the 32" OEM Bridgestone garbage. Hope to have them put on by the end of the week

The bean counter that signed off on the OEM tires for these trucks should have their head removed

Last edited:

DakotaRam

Reaction score
I'm sorry you had such a bad time with yours. I bought mine 9/24/20, and by 10/21, the motor seized. Yes they gave me a new long block off the line, and even though I was pissed and confidence shaken I still love the truck compared to competition.

I wanted a GMC, but in the Elevation model. I drove one, and yes the interior was dated, but what turned me off was the suspension flutter with the X31 package on rough road. The GMC is a good looking vehicle. I actually had a deal on the table for a Chevy RST Double cab, with leather, Z71, Bose, etc. Again- the suspension was not good on rough road.

Do you have the magnet-ride suspension on the Denali? That is a beautiful truck!
Adaptive Ride Control is comprised of three primary components:

1. Sensors at each wheel that detect relative wheel-to-body position sensors
  2. A dedicated control unit with integrated sensors that detect heave, pitch and body roll motion
  3. Active dampers with electronically-controlled valves, which are individually controlled every two milliseconds in a continuous range between the softest and firmest damping
The process to actively control dampers works in the following sequence:

1. Sensors collect data and feed it to the vehicle’s ECU
  2. Serving as the central repository of the data, the ECU evaluates the data to determine the ideal damping force for every individual wheel
    • The system adjusts compression and rebound to provide optimum damping within a range of characteristic curves, from hard/safety-oriented to soft/comfort-oriented
  3. The damping program calculated by the ECU is then sent to each damper
  4. Valves within the damper carry out the damping requirements
  5. The cycle repeats
The complete process (loop) takes place within two milliseconds.

Not Magnetic Ride​

The Adaptive Ride Control system is not the same as Magnetic Ride Control, as the two technologies are based on similar principles but are implemented using different suspension and damping technologies. The biggest difference is that Adaptive Ride control does not use magneto-rheological fluid within the damper.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Installed my Start-X remote start today, done in about an hour. Took a couple tries at programming to make it work (though I didn't do anything different each time, so I wonder if it just took the truck a little time to realize what was going on). Works like a charm, just in time too - snow coming tomorrow. I highly recommend this one to anyone whose truck didn't come with remote start, it is virtually plug and play :)

HemiDude

Reaction score

It's been a little while but finally got around to putting a quick comparison video together of a cold start on the stock muffler vs the B2 Fab oval muffler. I will put together another video with revs and acceleration once I get a gopro mount that I can use a mic with.

I've now had the muffler on for about 1,000kms and I have to say it is exactly what I was looking for. There is very little / to no drone on the highway, and in the city it gives that deeper tone the original muffler lacked. Definitely a very livable every day exhaust that can be quiet when you want it and add a bit more emotion for a weekend drive. I would say the cold start (especially with winter here) is louder then I was expecting or looking for but it quiets down once she's up to temp.
Sounds good

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Consumer Reports is a joke in itself Most unreliable source of information these days.

No need to defend your decision. If it's what you want then it's what you want. I'm sorry you had a bad time with your ram but the fact of the matter is they have the same issues with leaks that the rams do and Ford/GM is having a heck of a time with the 10 speed they co-developed. The Sierra is the only other current truck on the market I'd consider besides the Ram. I decided to try the Ram despite their heritage of being a Chrysler brand. I felt like they did enough to justify me giving them a chance. Given the issues I've mentioned and everything else - I don't think a GM truck warrants my money. I genuinely hope that you have a better time with your Sierra.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
No need to defend your decision. If it's what you want then it's what you want. I'm sorry you had a bad time with your ram but the fact of the matter is they have the same issues with leaks that the rams do and Ford/GM is having a heck of a time with the 10 speed they co-developed. The Sierra is the only other current truck on the market I'd consider besides the Ram. I decided to try the Ram despite their heritage of being a Chrysler brand. I felt like they did enough to justify me giving them a chance. Given the issues I've mentioned and everything else - I don't think a GM truck warrants my money. I genuinely hope that you have a better time with your Sierra.
Just so you know your truck is exactly what I wanted to buy but could not find any....

FishOn

Reaction score
Just a few minor projects... I'm counting the entire holiday weekend as "today", don't judge me. 114 of Oregon's finest ciders later, we're looking pretty good.
Front/rear bumpers, headlights, grill, painted the upper grill applique, lift, wheels, and finished the audio. Aux lighting is installed but wiring is only 75%.
Wednesday morning
20201012_134029.jpg

Sunday evening
20201129_162440.jpg

Ramjeep

Reaction score
View attachment 75067 View attachment 75068
New tires they barley fit. 285/65 Ko2's . I will have to trim the mud flaps as they hit that. Otherwise the truck rides so much better like I'm on air.
EDIT: They Fit with Zero rub, my dumb A$$ did not install the last screw on my Mud Flaps which pulls them back enough not to rub on the tires. I added the screw now all is well.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Not defending my decision, more or less saying 21 Sierra’s have been out barely a month and for ‘consumer reports’ to say it is the least reliable vehicle is hard to believe 1 month in to production for any manufacturer. 🤞 Hopefully it’ll be less troublesome.

Kyles

Reaction score
Decided to change the oil myself today...what a mess. Who designed the placement of the oil pan and oil filter? Ugh. But, got it done.
I did mine today, put a piece of cardboard between the swaybar & tranny pan. No mess at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online