5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This showed up in the mail today. Hoping to get it installed shortly. I know some people have said this oval muffler doesn't sound that different from the stock one but I also didn't want a super aggressive/loud exhaust. I'll post a video once it's done if people are interested in seeing what this one is like.

According to their website, the Oval is the only one they recommend if you do road trips/ tow trailers. Even the round muffler (one step louder than the oval) on their website says not for towing.
DB rating on stock is: 97
DB on Oval: 119

Add me to the list waiting on your vids! I want something slightly louder, does not sound crappy with MDS, and can easily be put back to stock if needed.

PsychoBilly

Reaction score
Add me to the list waiting on your vids! I want something slightly louder, does not sound crappy with MDS, and can easily be put back to stock if needed.
It is just enough for me, the MDS isn't too bad but I usually catch myself disabling it . I towed my car trailer and in even in tow mode the oval muffler isn't too loud. In my opinion it gives you just enough deep rumble without being too obnoxious.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
What does that mean?
I think removing the barcodes help to hide the fact that you're driving a rental and that will prevent theives from targeting your vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Correct on the barcodes, helps to fit in, which also means not driving a Wrangler or Mustang convertible. I keep trying to upload some cool photos of the Ram at the beach, but the second I do Chrome crashes on the iPhone.

puba08

Reaction score
Started shopping for the Bilsteins. Can’t take the ride with the Motofab spacers. But of course 5100’s are out of stock everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think removing the barcodes help to hide the fact that you're driving a rental and that will prevent theives from targeting your vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I hope things have changed.....
But in the mid 90s, we didn’t dare drive to Florida with Ontario plates..... we’d cross into Michigan and rent something there. Driving to Florida with Michigan plates was totally safer!

cjpofd

Reaction score
Started shopping for the Bilsteins. Can’t take the ride with the Motofab spacers. But of course 5100’s are out of stock everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sign up for email notices from bilstien lifts. And check their website regularly. I struck out everywhere else, but scored there.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added the RedHound door guards, went on ok. I might buy another set and do them again.

Attachments

• 20201015_152213.jpg
    20201015_152213.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 197

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed a JMS PedalMax Throttle Controller over the weekend! Works very well! Especially since it has a analog dial to adjust it.

antwon412

Reaction score
Ordered some 1.5” spacers for the rear of my Rebel. The level kit had the rear about a 1/2” higher, But after I installed my bed slide I now am running nose high which I really hate.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d be interested to hear how you like them. I haven’t seen anyone running those yet. Prior to finding the Bilsteins finally I had been considering these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do! There's one other member here running them somewhere. He said he liked them so I'm hoping I can share the same news!

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score
Picked up my new 2021 Laramie Quad-cab EcoDiesel tonight. Such a sexy beast. Now its time to get her rugged. Looove the drive, so smooth. Traded in my 2017 Rebel and this definitely is the best upgrade.

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 166
  • ram2.jpg
    ram2.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 166
  • ram3.jpg
    ram3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 160
  • ram4.jpg
    ram4.jpg