5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shipped my truck back to Colorado today from Maui. Might be the first time I’ve shipped a vehicle and didn’t put enough miles on it to even require an oil change. I’ll post some fun photos of its visit after I fly home. Betting my truck is the most well traveled Gen 5 on the planet, but always garaged. It was popular here on Maui, I couldn’t leave a parking lot without compliments on it.
Military?

tom318

Reaction score
This didn’t happen all today but all relatively recently.
Picked up my 2021 Ecodiesel on 10/1!!! First truck and love it so far.
- 35% ceramic tint on driver and passenger Side.
- Jam handles (thanks to this forum!) never knew they existed.
- Go Rhino Dominator D6. Love the look and they give the right amount of space for me to step.
- did my first trip. Just shy of 500miles. That included a work commute, lots of highway. 15miles of city driving for food and items. 2miles of sandy off road. The 33gal tank is top notch. 29mpg over all and after 495 miles still 405 on the range.
Loving this thing! Next is some kind of bed cover. Not decided.
1A40E413-18EB-4F32-AAC2-9C6C5B5A0387.jpeg 64FEDBB7-B58C-43BD-AA15-CF5096FB9D20.jpeg A21A55EF-98F6-489F-BB45-5D5F79E98DCD.jpeg 2B06499A-90C4-460A-B353-92E9FB9DC269.jpeg

Last edited:

Fishwiz

Reaction score
This didn’t happen all today all relatively recently.
Picked up my 2021 ecodiesel on 10/1!!! First truck and love it so far.
- 35% ceramic tint on driver and passenger Side.
- Jam handles (thanks to this forum!) never knew they existed.
- Go Rhino Dominator D6. Love the look and they give the right amount of space for me to step.
- did my first trip. Just shy of 500miles. That included a work commute, lots of highway. 15miles of city driving for food and items. 2miles of sandy off road. The 33gal tank is top notch. 29mpg over all and after 495 miles still 405 on the range.
Loving this thing! Next is some kind of bed cover. Not decided.
View attachment 71765 View attachment 71767 View attachment 71768 View attachment 71769
I don't want to catch heat from everyone if I start complaining about mpg... So I'll refrain.... But I'm starting to wish I bought an ecodeisel.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
I installed the Helwig anti-sway bar on he middle setting. It does make a difference.

puba08

Reaction score
Made an appointment to have the truck looked at. Getting a weird sound going over bumps like somethings loose after the leveling kit installed. I checked and everything and it looked okay. Hopefully get this sorted tomorrow. Definitely thinking of going Bilsteins now but of course they are sold out everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are you wanting to see?

I have a different Westin wheel to wheel step right now
Based on their instructions online the 4th mount matches the 4th mount I have now. I’d love to see the brackets that hold these new steps in to see if I’d get away w/o needing to swap those out as well

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have a different Westin wheel to wheel step right now
Based on their instructions online the 4th mount matches the 4th mount I have now. I’d love to see the brackets that hold these new steps in to see if I’d get away w/o needing to swap those out as well
I'll see if I can get pictures tomorrow. You should also be able to see them in the instructions.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
No, just a working dude. I was going to fly home this evening but switched to tomorrow night.
Buying a truck on the islands with intentions of bringing it mainland? How is that cost effective.... Unless you have a good company relo program involved.

Explain?

Last edited:

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Buying a truck on the islands with intentions of bringing it mainland? How is that cost effective.... Unless you have a good company relo program involved.

Explain?

Bought in Colorado, shipped it here, now shipping it back. Shipping isn’t cheap, but beats buying locally. Isn’t my first time doing this. Of all the expenses of living here car shipping is low on the list.

Did you know Covid would wreck the economy in Maui like it has? Unless you have a crystal ball I’m making the best of a bad situation.

Last edited:

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought in Colorado, shipped it here, now shipping it back. Shipping isn’t cheap, but beats buying locally. Isn’t my first time doing this. Of all the expenses of living here car shipping is low on the list.

Did you know Covid would wreck the economy in Maui like it has? Unless you have a crystal ball I’m making the best of a bad situation.

I feel you...I’ve had to canceled my trip there twice now. Was supposed to fly out there this Friday. Had a buddy who had moved out there with his family to the big island. They all moved back last week. His wife was an events planner at a big hotel...business is next to zero. I don’t know how they expect people and businesses to survive in places that depend on tourism. I’m near NYC and Manhattan is still a ghost town and will take years to recover.

I wish you luck in CO man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I feel you...I’ve had to canceled my trip there twice now. Was supposed to fly out there this Friday. Had a buddy who had moved out there with his family to the big island. They all moved back last week. His wife was an events planner at a big hotel...business is next to zero. I don’t know how they expect people and businesses to survive in places that depend on tourism. I’m near NYC and Manhattan is still a ghost town and will take years to recover.

We have family all over, including Hawaii, San Francisco, and NYC. We feel fortunate to be in MT during this time, but now it's getting here even..... I wish the best to everyone.... It's a rough time no matter where you are.

sbdf1

Reaction score
I wonder how the B2 Fabrication Oval sounds when pulling a travel trailer, if it is too loud or not?
According to their website, the Oval is the only one they recommend if you do road trips/ tow trailers. Even the round muffler (one step louder than the oval) on their website says not for towing.
DB rating on stock is: 97
DB on Oval: 119

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep currently in Honolulu for work, I was out here probably in 2017 when everything was normal then back in July when everything opened up and now back now... without tourism its hard for businesses here to survival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

COSPILOT

Reaction score

If we ever get our act together it’s a great time to visit Hawaii. Zero crowds and zero traffic is awesome. I’m super active on FlyerTalk as I’ve been a frequent flyer for decades. Same advice, yank the barcode stickers from your rental. Same username, COSPILOT. Yes I’m a pilot, but just a private pilot.

As a frequent flyer NYC is a favorite, been to the memorial and wife and I discussed our next visit. Humbled the first time.

I’m rare and rent ultra large SUV’s when in NYC. owning a Ram is a non issue...

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If we ever get our act together it’s a great time to visit Hawaii. Zero crowds and zero traffic is awesome. I’m super active on FlyerTalk as I’ve been a frequent flyer for decades. Same advice, yank the barcode stickers from your rental. Same username, COSPILOT. Yes I’m a pilot, but just a private pilot.

As a frequent flyer NYC is a favorite, been to the memorial and wife and I discussed our next visit. Humbled the first time.

I’m rare and rent ultra large SUV’s when in NYC. owning a Ram is a non issue...

We’ll definitely make it out there eventually.

I moved here right after 9/11. Ground zero was...the most intense thing I’ve ever seen. And for years there was a giant hole in the ground while they repaired and rebuilt. They did an excellent job on the memorial...definitely sacred ground.

Must be some great flying out there. I hold a C-MEIL and did some CFI’ing back in the day but haven’t been up in forever. Rentals and gas are through the roof out here.

HemiDude

Reaction score
No, just a working dude. I was going to fly home this evening but switched to tomorrow night.
Oh ok. Your situation sounded similar to when my son was stationed on Oahu. He transferred to Colorado and had to get his stuff shipped there. Safe travels!

Users who are viewing this thread