5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the stickers off! So glad they are gone. I hate any kind of safety sticker. Pulled them off the four wheeler and the tractor the first day of ownership.
What color are your visors? Can you see where the sticker was?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I had pieced in a few sections of restaurant mat for a bed mat but yesterday I changed it for a one piece from Home Depot. I also built a spacer to move the toolbox out from the side of the bed a little bit so the top doesn’t hit the tiedowns when I open it. Since it’s not going to be a permanent installation the toolbox is simply strapped in.

In my last truck (2016 Sport) with the flat floor in back, I kept all my tools inside the truck, but this time I wanted to have all of my seats available and keep the interior a little more free of the constant sawdust I produce.

Since none of the tailgate mounted steps would work I simply grabbed a stepstool out of the shop to use to walk up into the bed to grab tools. Working out very nicely.

b7c75efab07577134eb1474947c54c5e.jpg

70bc6ddce2673be6fdc3a7987a637542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw another user with this same mat. I went with the 4x8 universal from DeeZee and it helps to cover the tailgate as well.

brotherGood

Reaction score
Didn't post it up yesterday, but I finally installed the full length inner liners. Pretty sure I'm going to need to find the rear trim pieces though, at least one side broke the locator tab so it hangs down a tad.

Now to get the clear answer on what the Vararam does for warranty.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Got the stickers off! So glad they are gone. I hate any kind of safety sticker. Pulled them off the four wheeler and the tractor the first day of ownership.
I left the glove compartment safety sticker on my 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth for the entire time I owned it. Whenever someone asked about it i would tell them "Safety first!" :)

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now to get the clear answer on what the Vararam does for warranty.

Answer: Nothing unless the intake is the root cause of any issues you’re having. This applies to any intake (and aftermarket part for that matter). FCA has to prove that the issue you’re trying to have covered under warranty is a direct cause of the aftermarket part being installed.

Warranties are not an all or nothing thing, they are piecemeal. Check out the Magnusson-moss act.

To date, I’ve never seen an intake cause catastrophic issues. I’ve seen issues from over oiling or bad installs (incompetence on the installer/owners side).

Some ways to mitigate the risk:

1. Have a dealership install the part. They usually prefer certain brands but will warranty the part and no real big issues when it comes to warranty talks later. This can be pricey.

2. Take the risk and buy a reputable intake. Tons of brands out there. I’ve used K&N, AFE, and Vararam on my trucks, never an issue.

3. Don’t install the part. No risk = no fun

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Answer: Nothing unless the intake is the root cause of any issues you’re having. This applies to any intake (and aftermarket part for that matter). FCA has to prove that the issue you’re trying to have covered under warranty is a direct cause of the aftermarket part being installed.

Warranties are not an all or nothing thing, they are piecemeal. Check out the Magnusson-moss act.

To date, I’ve never seen an intake cause catastrophic issues. I’ve seen issues from over oiling or bad installs (incompetence on the installer/owners side).

1. Have a dealership install the part. They usually prefer certain brands but will warranty the part and no real big issues when it comes to warranty talks later. This can be pricey.

2. Take the risk and buy a reputable intake. Tons of brands out there. I’ve used K&N, AFE, and Vararam on my trucks, never an issue.

I have, saw a CAI suck in water like a shop vac and hydrolock the engine.
Pushed the rods out the side of the block; was mildly catastrophic

brotherGood

Reaction score

This was the concensus I got when I was selling, and talking to the shop guys every day. Ive also heard (from FCA employees/techs) how much of a headache the warranty claims are, to the point where most dealerships will just say its not covered (something to that extent)

Our local Ford dealer was also an FCA dealer for a while, but they shut the FCA part down mostly due to losing money on the service side-specifically warranty work.

My fear is I install it, have an unrelated issue, yet because I can't prove its unrelated I'm out x-thousands of dollars.

Rhombus

Reaction score
This was the concensus I got when I was selling, and talking to the shop guys every day. Ive also heard (from FCA employees/techs) how much of a headache the warranty claims are, to the point where most dealerships will just say its not covered (something to that extent)

Our local Ford dealer was also an FCA dealer for a while, but they shut the FCA part down mostly due to losing money on the service side-specifically warranty work.

My fear is I install it, have an unrelated issue, yet because I can't prove its unrelated I'm out x-thousands of dollars.
Every manufacturer is like that. I the dealer can’t perform warranty work unless the mfg approves. And usually, if there‘s no code, the mfg won’t approve. I’ve had this issue with 3 companies, not just FCA.

homeowners warranties are even worse. If the unit is functioning at all, they won’t cover. It has to be completely dead, and stay that way, or no deal.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I finally finished my ARH longtube install.... Was definitely a pain in my behind but done nonetheless lol.

yaksushi

Reaction score
I hard wired my radar detector using a fuse tap and used double stick 3M tape to mount it to my mirror. I bent the mount slightly with my hands so it would contour to the mirror better. We'll see how long it stays up there.
20201006_164320.jpg
20201006_164329.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/