5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had the dealership calibrate my speedometer for the 35” Nittos I installed a while back. Speed is accurate and I feel like the shift points may be a little different. Cost $125 for the calibration.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leveled the Rebel last night with the 2” Motofab top hat spacers. A bit of a task by yourself but looks good for now. This should buy me some time until some other coilovers options are available.

Truck sits at 39.5” from ground to fender in every corner. Was previously at 37.5” in the front.

Video will posted to my channel later this week. I wasn’t to drive a bit before I comment on ride quality changes.

6815a66ca90efb70cdbccf4f0279756d.jpg
3cf02e07a3e307c75d5f4d4fe9d9e76d.jpg

bba8572a04de0a3de164ea4f6150e3c1.jpg

Last edited:

Kooch80

Reaction score
How do you like them? Any issues getting them installed? I am really leaning towards installing a set of these for the extra attachment points and to fill in the rear stake hole. I'd like to hear your thoughts on their installation and practicality. Thanks.
I had them on my last Ram and find them to be very useful. Installation wise not too bad. I ended up getting the router bit and saw when I ordered mine and would recommend doing that. The saw is used for the rear stake pockets because of the depth the plastic goes down. The router bit supplied is nice because it has a section on the end that allows you to follow the shape of the metal beneath the plastic without messing up your truck. Then just make sure you have a router it similar tool. Fit is good.

NursinIt

Reaction score
New truck for me so lots of new things. Yesterday, I rebadged it.. but I’m thinking I’m just gonna leave the tailgate with the RAM emblem and remove the other two all together. Once ordered I realized I forgot the Bighorn one, now I’m glad, as I’ve probably saved myself some money since I’m probably just going to take the 4x4 emblem back off..
E EEA64381-323C-4E75-80EE-82335142231D.jpeg 72462C76-662E-485F-983A-106492B6E39E.jpeg

LakesAZ

Reaction score
10,000 miles and 0 issues. Gave her a farewell wash. Bought in June of 2019 for $38,600 ($20,000 off msrp) and just got a trade offer of $46,000 and $11,000 off msrp on a new 2020 Denali 2500 duramax. #winning

View attachment 70794
While that is really low mileage for almost a year and a half old truck, but WOW $46K trade-in, I don't blame you. But now you will have to join a different Forum and be a Newbie again.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I had them on my last Ram and find them to be very useful. Installation wise not too bad. I ended up getting the router bit and saw when I ordered mine and would recommend doing that. The saw is used for the rear stake pockets because of the depth the plastic goes down. The router bit supplied is nice because it has a section on the end that allows you to follow the shape of the metal beneath the plastic without messing up your truck. Then just make sure you have a router it similar tool. Fit is good.
Thanks for the info. I had a Dremel years ago and been planning on getting a new one so this will motivate me to make that purchase before I order the Bull Rings. I think they are a great addition and will make better use of the stake pockets for me since I don't plan on adding anything other than a tonneau cover.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
I had pieced in a few sections of restaurant mat for a bed mat but yesterday I changed it for a one piece from Home Depot. I also built a spacer to move the toolbox out from the side of the bed a little bit so the top doesn’t hit the tiedowns when I open it. Since it’s not going to be a permanent installation the toolbox is simply strapped in.

In my last truck (2016 Sport) with the flat floor in back, I kept all my tools inside the truck, but this time I wanted to have all of my seats available and keep the interior a little more free of the constant sawdust I produce.

Since none of the tailgate mounted steps would work I simply grabbed a stepstool out of the shop to use to walk up into the bed to grab tools. Working out very nicely.

b7c75efab07577134eb1474947c54c5e.jpg

70bc6ddce2673be6fdc3a7987a637542.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had pieced in a few sections of restaurant mat for a bed mat but yesterday I changed it for a one piece from Home Depot. I also built a spacer to move the toolbox out from the side of the bed a little bit so the top doesn’t hit the tiedowns when I open it. Since it’s not going to be a permanent installation the toolbox is simply strapped in.

In my last truck (2016 Sport) with the flat floor in back, I kept all my tools inside the truck, but this time I wanted to have all of my seats available and keep the interior a little more free of the constant sawdust I produce.

Since none of the tailgate mounted steps would work I simply grabbed a stepstool out of the shop to use to walk up into the bed to grab tools. Working out very nicely.

b7c75efab07577134eb1474947c54c5e.jpg

70bc6ddce2673be6fdc3a7987a637542.jpg

Looks like you'd benefitnicely with a Decked set-up

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Looks like you'd benefitnicely with a Decked set-up

I did look into it but there’s a fatal design flaw with that system. You can only access 70% of each drawer and without moving a bunch of stuff around and sliding what’s left in the other 30% forward you can’t get to it. The other limitation was the actual size of the drawers are much smaller than you would think.

That system cost $1200 I spent just under 400 doing it this way and I can carry a lot more.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
I don't see the post about the sticker removal....always hated those. Where did he post it?

DeckArtist

Reaction score
Got the stickers off! So glad they are gone. I hate any kind of safety sticker. Pulled them off the four wheeler and the tractor the first day of ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread