5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Soulkeeper

Reaction score
It's a small thing, but... this came in last night.

2020-09-24 11.48.42.jpg

speaking of.... anyone find a good one for the front dash? I'm using a sand weighted phone holder. It works, but looks poor when I'm wearing the hat.

20200924_114900.jpg

LakesAZ

Reaction score

View attachment 69634

speaking of.... anyone find a good one for the front dash? I'm using a sand weighted phone holder. It works, but looks poor when I'm wearing the hat.

View attachment 69635

View attachment 69634

View attachment 69635
Can’t see the holder on the dash, but I do like the hat.

antwon412

Reaction score

View attachment 69634

View attachment 69635
Small world - I was just looking at the behind the seat hat holder yesterday!
Looks good. Think I will go ahead and grab one off Amazon for cheap.

Tydog96

Reaction score
was this DIY, and if it is where did you get the film? Or was the $359 installed at a shop.
Local small tint shop. long time owner who does it all. A person could do it themselves, and while I do most everything via the wrench myself, I also believe you pick your battles. Some things you just 'write the check'. I wouldn't want to screw up a custom cut film.

sppb32

Reaction score
Local small tint shop. long time owner who does it all. A person could do it themselves, and while I do most everything via the wrench myself, I also believe you pick your battles. Some things you just 'write the check'. I wouldn't want to screw up a custom cut film.
Same here, I can build an engine and a computer but there are things I leave to the other pros.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my emblem overlays From http://www.reflectiveconcepts.com/ . Dark Charcoal Metallic over the chrome matches my Granite Crystal perfectly. Added some bright orange for the tailgate Ram insets, and the Hemi 5.7L on the hood

Edit: Added some pics (yah I know trucks dirty, I just couldn't wait once they showed up in the mail). Washed the emblems and surrounding areas with soapy water first, then cleaned them with rubbing alcohol for prep - almost felt guilty covering up that polished chrome then! View attachment 69656 View attachment 69657 View attachment 69658 View attachment 69659

I like the red with the Ohio plates!

I’ve used these guys for several of my badges. Quality vinyl. Waiting on the “ram” for my black tailgate badge. I’ve waited to put that on until I get the vinyl. Hoping that will make it less tedious.

Did you find sliding those letters in there tricky?

9a4ca653a0161a4b4c0ca558cfce09cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I’ve used these guys for several of my badges. Quality vinyl. Waiting on the “ram” for my black tailgate badge. I’ve waited to put that on until I get the vinyl. Hoping that will make it less tedious.

Believe it or not, the only ones I had issues with were the 1 5 0 0. For some reason I kept getting small bubbles in them. For all of the inset ones, I first used a q-tip to flatten them out, then pressed the edges flush with the blunt end of some medium sized tweezers.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Can you elaborate? I'm asking because I honestly don't know.
I can a little. Most folks will tell you that you need/have to get tuned when adding headers. You definitely want to to take full advantage of what they offer but I know people who are running them on factory locked trucks and no tune with no issues.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the only ones I had issues with were the 1 5 0 0. For some reason I kept getting small bubbles in them. For all of the inset ones, I first used a q-tip to flatten them out, then pressed the edges flush with the blunt end of some medium sized tweezers.

Yeah those numbers were a PITA. I think because they’re so long. You have any bubbles you can use a needle to pop them. Smooth it out. After a day or two in the sun you won’t even see the needle hole.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Yeah those numbers were a PITA. I think because they’re so long. You have any bubbles you can use a needle to pop them. Smooth it out. After a day or two in the sun you won’t even see the needle hole.

Exactly what I did. I guess as long as water doesn't find its way into those pinholes in the winter and freeze underneath the vinyl I'll be just fine

ChimneyJim

Reaction score
I can a little. Most folks will tell you that you need/have to get tuned when adding headers. You definitely want to to take full advantage of what they offer but I know people who are running them on factory locked trucks and no tune with no issues.
Thanks. I've read about headers in regard to the manifold bolt issue and hadn't seen that yet. Appreciate it.

Tydog96

Reaction score
What size 3M sheets did you guys need to accomplish this?
This stuff is a computer custom-cutout by his source and shipped to his tint place. This eliminates the freehand cutting and guarantees fit for him (thus me). He just applies. I'm sure a guy could order it straight. If your comfortable putting it on, then you can cut the labor completely out of it. I can do door edges, but not interested in doing a big area by myself, or window tinting - risk versus value doesn't equate for me.

I did do a light claybar and some CG Jetseal about 24 hours before to make sure the paint was perfect for him.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep precut you can do it yourself but once you factor in the cost sometimes it’s better to have a pro do it.. especially if you have painted front end.. after looking at my truck after it was done I’m so glad I let someone else handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

i didnt feel computable doing it myself so i paid to have it done.they make custom decals.one they mess up so he just not only made a copy but of better quality

this is the one he made

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My poor Limited developed a “clicking” sound in the panoramic sun roof so I took it into the dealership today. F485B3D3-3752-4CB5-B040-D7B37D6F5943.jpeg
A few hours later, they called me to say they have to replace the sun roof frame and slide hardware. Then they tell me they have to remove the headliner and that will likely cause them to replace the windshield because they usually break when taking the rearview mirror mount off. And finally....they tell me the parts are on back order and it could take 3 months to get.

Thank God for warranty!

Users who are viewing this thread