5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I got side swiped!

Both parties are A-Ok!

The damage was limited to my bumper, front quarter, that small panel beneath the headlight and the driver's front tire/wheel.

View attachment 67027

I'll be pushing for new bumper and panels. The tire seems okay, but the "off road" ring on the Duggers is definitely fubard. I'm not trying to take his insurance company for a ride, but I'll be damned if I end up with a half *** paint job on a nearly brand new truck.
Like Northern said, that sucks but glad everyone was okay and there was no more damage.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got side swiped!

Both parties are A-Ok!

The damage was limited to my bumper, front quarter, that small panel beneath the headlight and the driver's front tire/wheel.

View attachment 67027

I'll be pushing for new bumper and panels. The tire seems okay, but the "off road" ring on the Duggers is definitely fubard. I'm not trying to take his insurance company for a ride, but I'll be damned if I end up with a half *** paint job on a nearly brand new truck.
Thankfully nothing major and limited to that area. No headlight damage either it looks like. Glad to hear all are safe.

ny2az

Reaction score
I believe that should be one that fits a 2019+ Ram 1500 bed. It will sit a little high on the bed due to the curve at the bottom of the bed rail, but if you install a BedRug, or some floor covering, it should fit well without sitting too high. The Ford bed it more square next to the tailgate at the bottom in the corners than the Ram, so you have to fiddle with the alignment a little, but the install took me all of 20 minutes, which included drilling the holes and installing the hardware for the plungers I ripped off my F-150. I did have to get two lock nuts and washers from Lowe's to keep the rotating point in by taking off the tail lights, but there is easy access to where you drill the holes once you get the tail lights removed.

Let me know if you have any questions. More than happy to take off tail lights and send you pics if needed.
if its not too much trouble ... l would appreciate the pic's ... lm sure it will help others that will do a F-150 bed extender as well ... thx

Skater

Reaction score
if its not too much trouble ... l would appreciate the pic's ... lm sure it will help others that will do a F-150 bed extender as well ... thx
Give me a couple of days. I have to pickup my BedRug from the carpet repair shop. I cut it to fit and work with my MFT and I am having edges sewn in to keep it from fraying. As soon as I get it back, I have to remove the bed extender, cut holes in it for the plunger and mounting hardware, and I will take photos of the install for you then.

On another note, when I was cleaning my tail lights to install Lamin-X tint, I cleaned the proximity sensors with alcohol along with the rest of the tail light and it discolored the sensors as shown in the below pics.

Anyone have any ideas how to repair/return them to the OEM shine and luster after alcohol abuse?

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.05.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.04.57 PM.png

DSPS

Reaction score
Doing 33 gallon retrofit (from26 gallon) today
a289b31e357d82a51081054f29a03a3d.jpg

c479bb0e696446bba74913c6b127680b.jpg

0493f112972f18d73f325473c3e607bc.jpg

255da9a7d6266b5e64e3b14134cd09ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickWaz

Reaction score
I actually use mine with the carpet in all winter with no issues. Take it out and hose the whole thing off, put it back. The black carpet hides the dirt well and I like the rubber mats better than the plastic fitted mats like Husky or weathertech.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I discovered that as well. But I still remove the entire floor mats and use Weather Tech mats in the winter as they have MUCH better coverage up the sides to minimize salt deposits and other winter crap.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Give me a couple of days. I have to pickup my BedRug from the carpet repair shop. I cut it to fit and work with my MFT and I am having edges sewn in to keep it from fraying. As soon as I get it back, I have to remove the bed extender, cut holes in it for the plunger and mounting hardware, and I will take photos of the install for you then.

On another note, when I was cleaning my tail lights to install Lamin-X tint, I cleaned the proximity sensors with alcohol along with the rest of the tail light and it discolored the sensors as shown in the below pics.

Anyone have any ideas how to repair/return them to the OEM shine and luster after alcohol abuse?

View attachment 67054 View attachment 67055
Try hitting it with some Plast-x? Same stuff used to restore headlights.

ny2az

Reaction score

View attachment 67054 View attachment 67055
sounds good...thx

TheGoogleNinja

Reaction score
Doing 33 gallon retrofit (from26 gallon) today
a289b31e357d82a51081054f29a03a3d.jpg

c479bb0e696446bba74913c6b127680b.jpg

0493f112972f18d73f325473c3e607bc.jpg

255da9a7d6266b5e64e3b14134cd09ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be curious to see what the overall cost of that is. Has anyone done a write up of that swap? That's the one option I wanted that my truck didn't have. 26 isn't bad, but 33 would be stellar.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Pruitt146

Reaction score
Ordered bed mat, tailgate mat, new front tag, rear tag frame, new hitch cover, new touch screen radio and shorty antenna. Just got the truck yesterday so I had to show it some love. It’s a company truck so I only install stuff I can remove after 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online