5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

peeceejay

Reaction score
Put my Weathertech floor mats in today - not keen that they cover up the Ram Bins in the back, but the front ones fit perfectly.

Also, ordered some tow hooks - and investigating my mud flap options. Any reason not to get Weather Tech mud flaps? The Mopar ones seem problematic, from what I'm reading.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Put my Weathertech floor mats in today - not keen that they cover up the Ram Bins in the back, but the front ones fit perfectly.

Also, ordered some tow hooks - and investigating my mud flap options. Any reason not to get Weather Tech mud flaps? The Mopar ones seem problematic, from what I'm reading.

I’ve been using weathertech products for as long as I can remember and love their floor liners. I had the same complaint about covering the bins but it’s proven to not be that big of an issue.

I ordered the weathertech mudflaps and put them on for a dry fit and absolutely hated the look and fit. The design is just off. Unfortunately, they missed the mark on this one and I put them back in the box. I bought the husky mud flaps instead which I really like the look of, they look OEM, and the fit was perfect.

My post on my husky flaps install is #9626 in this thread. Hope this helps with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk u

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been using weathertech products for as long as I can remember and love their floor liners. I had the same complaint about covering the bins but it’s proven to not be that big of an issue.

I ordered the weathertech mudflaps and put them on for a dry fit and absolutely hated the look and fit. The design is just off. Unfortunately, they missed the mark on this one and I put them back in the box. I bought the husky mud flaps instead which I really like the look of, they look OEM, and the fit was perfect.

My post on my husky flaps install is #9626 in this thread. Hope this helps with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk u
Same here - have the weathertech floormats front and back and love them (just lift up to access in floor storage) and had weathertech mud flaps on my 2014 ram but went with husky mud guards on my 2019 based on posts in the forums. The huskies look great and provide good coverage - I attached them with the 3 provided screws to the existing holes in outside of wheel well but did not install the 4th optional screw in the wheel well liner. There is an indent in the liners that prevents use of the provided tape and seemed it would interfere with the 4th screw. I added my own 3m double-sided tape on The edge and held them together to adhere - not sure if it will stick or in needed.

Azram13

Reaction score
Swapped out stock muffler with Carven performance muffler. This is just the muffler and not the direct fit kit. Resonators are still on for now.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You doing the install yourself or at a shop? If at a shop what did they quote you?

I actually watched a YouTube video lol it didn’t look horrible. But I’m not much of a mechanic so I’d rather not eff it up, so I’m having a local guy do it. Right around 350 with tax, that includes an alignment as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jburden59

Reaction score
I actually watched a YouTube video lol it didn’t look horrible. But I’m not much of a mechanic so I’d rather not eff it up, so I’m having a local guy do it. Right around 350 with tax, that includes an alignment as well

Is your goal to level/remove the rake?

vinnieloo

Reaction score
LED bed lights on a magnetic switch so they turn on when tailgate opens. Manual switch to turn off if desired. Powered off battery so not igniting dependant. Only took me forever and a day. Never wired anything before but it was pretty straight forward.
20200824_062948.jpg
20200824_063000.jpg
20200824_063008.jpg

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score

RAMEN

Reaction score
Replaced the 3rd break lights with LED

Before
628faa7ce4f65893b1b8b2baa7c56ff6.jpg

Assembly
98ad2f8bf1ce01e8f7a873deebfad0c7.jpg

Bulb comparison
f57774598db68f32abe2680b12ed5e1e.jpg

Comparison
6d951bb971684df3d8cbccfc5d158285.jpg

LED installed!
c5f16245de394f62ca8a059dfbcb386a.jpg

In the dark
05d63b3513908e5079dfc983d92cc400.jpg

$15 canadian bucks on amazon - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07JY9Q49M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_I7lrFbXDBGA41
b4a0c57c905f2d3b75fa8473de96a53d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread