5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

PHFT

Reaction score
Very nice! How did you go about wiring them? Any issues with the grill shutters?

For now I ran them through the very top shutter leaving some slack in the line for when they do close, only because I was in a rush and didn't want to have to take the whole grill off, but if it becomes an issue then I'll take the whole grill off and go from there.

Duran

Reaction score
One other thing...

RokBlokz put one roll of Smarties (the candy) inside the package that shipped as a thank you..good gesture.... but it was not in a package..just in the rolled up wrapper...

I love smarties...but ya know...could just be candy....could be something more fun from my youth... could be covid...

I threw them in the trash... lol

reminded me of an uber ride one night in college during halloween...got to my house and the guy offered me candy in a bucket...

I'm all up for free candy/food.. but sometimes it just doesn't seem right.. lol

you'll have to let us know what treat you get in your package
Dont except a sniker bar on your pillow
Ohh ya those are sexy. Roks bloks right

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What model Viper? The Viper 5906V has gotten some really good reviews.
I have the viper DS4+ VSSDS4P bundle kit with the DS4SU security add on that adds the siren, tilt and shock sensor. I can remote start and unlock/lock my truck from anywhere with the app. Also can see where my truck is at all times, get text, email and push notifications if my alarm goes off and is integrated into my factory system where I can use my factory fob and touch door handles to arm and disarm the alarm too.

Last edited:

RickWaz

Reaction score
I have the viper DS4+ VSSDS4P bundle kit with the DS4SU security add on. I can remote start and unlock/lock my truck from anywhere with the app. Also can see where my truck is at all times, get text, email and push notifications if my alarm goes off and is integrated into my factory system where I can use my factory fob and touch door handles to arm and disarm the alarm too.
SWEET ... THANKS for the info!!!

thebluegoat

Reaction score
Opt7 60inch seems pretty sturdy but time will tell. A bunch of guys on here have used them.
I’m not sure if it was just bad luck or what but I never got through a winter with them without some LED’s failing on an opt 7 bar. I went through 3 of them and 2 versions of an off brand that did the same.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HUGE NEWS for my channel today! I finalized my trip up to Madison for a video project with the ProClip team! Super pumped to be apart of the ItFitsMe video series and I get a chance to talk about my channel on a big platform.

Going to be sharing updates on my Instagram along the way so head on over there!

My Instagram username is: @waterfowler_41

2a219d5a3d7d68c30e8c9f79f8e7d059.jpg

turkeybird56

Reaction score
RAN the Red Beast thru expensive azz car wash to get some of the grime off. Good thing it got a good Polymer wax job last week, makes it easy to keep da ride pretty clean.....

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Installed a MOPAR Hard Tonneau Cover and SunTek CIR 40% window tinting.
HINT on dat Hard Mopar Cover, make sure that U, and only U closes it by first closing tail gate then cover. Sometimes, on mine, the left latch not fully engages and I have to press down on it. DO NOT LET any Tom Foolery person mess with the cover, cause they may close cover 1st than try and slam tailgate, bad results. At feed store, I had to grab kid and stop him before he screwed my cover, JUST AN observation from the BOIRD.....:cool:

Savage_Doc

Reaction score
HINT on dat Hard Mopar Cover, make sure that U, and only U closes it by first closing tail gate then cover. Sometimes, on mine, the left latch not fully engages and I have to press down on it. DO NOT LET any Tom Foolery person mess with the cover, cause they may close cover 1st than try and slam tailgate, bad results. At feed store, I had to grab kid and stop him before he screwed my cover, JUST AN observation from the BOIRD.....:cool:
Thanks for the tip! (y)

Bcryan

Reaction score
I’m not sure if it was just bad luck or what but I never got through a winter with them without some LED’s failing on an opt 7 bar. I went through 3 of them and 2 versions of an off brand that did the same.
Dam I hope they last the winter up here

Cecil H

Reaction score
Recently I installed the Sprint Booster in my Rebel Review, love what it does! Makes my rebel anxious to move, barely touch the pedal and the throttle opens (some people may not like this, but I do). I also like that once you set it to the setting you like you can remove the controller so everything looks clean (I keep controller in my glove box for whenever I need it. i.e. snow or mud). I also installed vitesse throttle controller on my wife's Durango...review not so good! It comes with a ton of bulky wires and the controller is not removable (most throttle booster controllers are not removable) so it was pretty ugly. But the big downfall was it set the Durango into limp mode after 2 days of driving...Took it out, reset the ECM and threw that one in the trash!

Sry to hear you weren't happy with the Vitesse controller ... l have the Vitesse controller installed in my 2020 Limited and have not experience one negative issue with it... l am completely happy with it ... l'm sure it functions as the sprint booster and the pedal commander does and that you will hear from members here that at one time or another all of these controllers had experienced issues for one reason or another ....
Yea agreed and since I made that post I had a hiccup with the sprint booster and decided to remove that off my truck too, I am done with these controllers, I will just pound the gas when I want to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread