5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
For now I ran them through the very top shutter leaving some slack in the line for when they do close, only because I was in a rush and didn't want to have to take the whole grill off, but if it becomes an issue then I'll take the whole grill off and go from there.
It might require more wire to be run to the fuse box and battery, but there are small opening on the bottom of each side of the shutters where I ran my wire through. I have had no issues with the wires being in the way, as they stay away from the active shutters. I mounted my DRLs on the lowest rung of the grille, so I was closer to the openings than if they were mounted on top like yours. Fun thing is, I recently just discovered three of the six LED bulbs are blown out on the driver's side light, so I am ordering a set of 24" LED strips with sequential turns to replace the ones in the picture. Sounds like a fun weekend project.

Attachments

• 20200528_142131.jpg
    20200528_142131.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 124

thrillracing

Reaction score
HUGE NEWS for my channel today! I finalized my trip up to Madison for a video project with the ProClip team! Super pumped to be apart of the ItFitsMe video series and I get a chance to talk about my channel on a big platform.

Going to be sharing updates on my Instagram along the way so head on over there!

My Instagram username is: @waterfowler_41

2a219d5a3d7d68c30e8c9f79f8e7d059.jpg

Congrats sir!

Hydro-Blue Laramie Lvl 2, Sport, Off-Road Group, Advanced Safety Group, Bed Utility Group, Pano, 3.92, E-Torque, Air-Suspension, Power Boards

D.Sull

Reaction score
Installed the Borla S Type on the truck. Now it sounds like a truck... Interestingly enough, I didn't have to cut the factory exhaust to remove it or drop the sway bar. I took off the driver side heat shield around the spare (3 10mm bolts) and it came out easily. Seems way easier than dropping the sway bar.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Received my Bak 4 warranty replacement cover. First one had adhesive issues where the vinyl rolls over near the tailgate. I took pics and sent to Bak and they shipped me a complete new unit.

PHFT

Reaction score
It might require more wire to be run to the fuse box and battery, but there are small opening on the bottom of each side of the shutters where I ran my wire through. I have had no issues with the wires being in the way, as they stay away from the active shutters. I mounted my DRLs on the lowest rung of the grille, so I was closer to the openings than if they were mounted on top like yours. Fun thing is, I recently just discovered three of the six LED bulbs are blown out on the driver's side light, so I am ordering a set of 24" LED strips with sequential turns to replace the ones in the picture. Sounds like a fun weekend project.

Nice!

Yeah so far I've been on the highway a few times and have had no issues with the shutters, the wire is pretty thin and at the top of the shutter so when they are closed it would barely effect them if at all. I was in a bit of a time crunch when installed the lights so there was no way I would have had to the time to remove the grill and run the wiring around and down to the openings, but each light has a quick disconnect if I ever do run into an issue or one burns out it won't be an problem changing it.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Nice!

Yeah so far I've been on the highway a few times and have had no issues with the shutters, the wire is pretty thin and at the top of the shutter so when they are closed it would barely effect them if at all. I was in a bit of a time crunch when installed the lights so there was no way I would have had to the time to remove the grill and run the wiring around and down to the openings, but each light has a quick disconnect if I ever do run into an issue or one burns out it won't be an problem changing it.
On my Bighorn, I was able to do everything without removing the grille. I was able to remove that top cover near the hood latch to access everything I needed to run the wires and secure them with zip ties along the route of the grille and left headlight toward the battery and fuse box. I will take a few pictures of my process and routing When I put my new LED strips on next week, just in case you don't get around to it before then.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
My old Alla LED headlights from my wife's van that served as fog lights on my truck went on the fritz last night while driving home. Good thing I was already considering upgrading to the LASFIT LED Switchback fogs. They should be in this weekend. Can't wait to get them installed and get some pictures.

ThatThingGotaHemi

Reaction score
Installed the Borla S Type on the truck. Now it sounds like a truck... Interestingly enough, I didn't have to cut the factory exhaust to remove it or drop the sway bar. I took off the driver side heat shield around the spare (3 10mm bolts) and it came out easily. Seems way easier than dropping the sway bar.

Will it wake the whole house up say when one goes fishing really early in the morning?

I've been eyeing the S or the touring...

RamVader

Reaction score
I checked and listed all the Goodyear Tires I need to replace on every vehicle, trailer, etc. that I own. They will be coming off and replaced in the next month. Never again. Looks like it’ll be just 14 tires at this time. Well worth it in my opinion.

^^^^^ AMEN TO THAT BROTHER! ^^^^^*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I checked and listed all the Goodyear Tires I need to replace on every vehicle, trailer, etc. that I own. They will be coming off and replaced in the next month. Never again. Looks like it’ll be just 14 tires at this time. Well worth it in my opinion.

I’ll second that

kiesey

Reaction score
Ripped her up north on some backroads, then lifted her and played on the tiny trails...here are some pics

Attachments

• 462925AA-6617-40EA-A703-8DEF54E93368.jpeg
    462925AA-6617-40EA-A703-8DEF54E93368.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 34AE101F-B9BA-449B-973E-BA13DA12955E.jpeg
    34AE101F-B9BA-449B-973E-BA13DA12955E.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 178

RamVader

Reaction score
Use it “Barn Door” style everyday! So easy to reach into the bed, along with the cargo divider it’s the only way to go... loads in/out of the bed with forklift is game changing.

^^^^ Same here ^^^^^
I use mine every day also. Loading and unloading pallets with the forklift Is so easy. You can get the load in further and you don’t have to worry about setting the load on the tailgate and hitting the tailgate with the forklift and damaging the end Of the tailgate. All my previous trucks had damage on the edge of the tailgate from forklifts hitting it. I added a bully step to my trailer hitch so the forklift would hit that instead of my bumper when they’re loading the truck just for extra precaution

Kob0583

Reaction score
Put in a pedal commander I bought from another member and I have to say so far I enjoy it. Big difference in response as everyone has said, have it sport +1 will play more with it but it’s pretty fun. Hide it under the carpet center stack.

Users who are viewing this thread