5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Skater

Reaction score
Where did you ground it at? I'm assuming that the green and yellow wires you spliced together are for each of the light bars.
Good question. I was sort of wondering that too after I reread the write up.

I am probably going to run a 3 amp mini inline fuse in mine between power and LEDs to to ensure I do not fry anything. I did this on my F-150 for my running board LEDs.

RamVader

Reaction score
Where did you ground it at? I'm assuming that the green and yellow wires you spliced together are for each of the light bars.

I Purchased a 4 wire 18 gauge solid copper sprinkler wire at Lowes. It has a white, blue, red, & green wire inside a thick black covering meant to go underground so I figured it was good protection for the wires going back to the connectors. Because the 4 wire is a little stiff it is very easy to fish up and over the rear wheel liners. Just before and after the wheel liners on each side towards the top there’s a small ring where you can zip tie the wire on each end of the wheel liner. I grounded Everything on the white ground wire at the Curtis trailer harness I attached to the back for my OPT7 Light bar.

The green and yellow wire coming from the white bed light wire are for each side of the light bars on the other ends of the 4 wire.

I ended the other end of the 4 wire where the cab and bed meet on each side. I then used waterproof connectors to connect the light bars separately to the 4 wire. That way I can change out the strips if they go bad instead of having to re-run the wire over the wheel liners. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamVader

Reaction score
Good question. I was sort of wondering that too after I reread the write up.

I am probably going to run a 3 amp mini inline fuse in mine between power and LEDs to to ensure I do not fry anything. I did this on my F-150 for my running board LEDs.

Yes. both LED strips came with in-line fuses which I left in place

Skater

Reaction score
Yes. both LED strips came with in-line fuses which I left in place

Your LED strips are better than the ones I have. I had to purchase the inline fuse setup and will end up splicing it in.

Bradscash

Reaction score
These Threads always seem to be fun and keep us all spending money so chime in and lets get the ball rolling....
Just ordered black leather seats for my 19 Classic 4x2 crew cab Bighorn today ($1700 including install and tax). Also made appointment for a line x bed install. 6'4" bed for $590.

LamboTexas

Reaction score

TNSmokee

Reaction score
I Purchased a 4 wire 18 gauge solid copper sprinkler wire at Lowes. It has a white, blue, red, & green wire inside a thick black covering meant to go underground so I figured it was good protection for the wires going back to the connectors. Because the 4 wire is a little stiff it is very easy to fish up and over the rear wheel liners. Just before and after the wheel liners on each side towards the top there’s a small ring where you can zip tie the wire on each end of the wheel liner. I grounded Everything on the white ground wire at the Curtis trailer harness I attached to the back for my OPT7 Light bar.

The green and yellow wire coming from the white bed light wire are for each side of the light bars on the other ends of the 4 wire.

I ended the other end of the 4 wire where the cab and bed meet on each side. I then used waterproof connectors to connect the light bars separately to the 4 wire. That way I can change out the strips if they go bad instead of having to re-run the wire over the wheel liners. I hope this helps.

Perfect, I have the Curtis harness as well for my rear backup lights. I had originally thought about wiring the power step lights to that harness on the taillights but I didn't want them on all the time so this project was waiting on you, thanks for figuring this out and posting about it. I guess now I'm going to ask which light strip you went with since they have the built in fuse.

RamVader

Reaction score
Perfect, I have the Curtis harness as well for my rear backup lights. I had originally thought about wiring the power step lights to that harness on the taillights but I didn't want them on all the time so this project was waiting on you, thanks for figuring this out and posting about it. I guess now I'm going to ask which light strip you went with since they have the built in fuse.

Running board lights were these.

2PCs 70 inch Truck LED Running Board Lights Side Marker Lighting Kits Truck Bed lights 216-SMD LEDs Waterproof Flexible Turn Signal Light Bar Strip fo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XG195WY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_KCcdaKC9CKb3o

Bed lights were these.

Nilight 2PCS 60'' 180 LEDs Bed Strip Kit with Waterproof on/Off Switch Blade Fuse 2-Way Splitter Extension Cable for Cargo, Pickup Truck, SUV, RV, Boa https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXR799K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_nRp8ERBDRWYsL

RamVader

Reaction score
Warning on the Running board lights with sequential turn signal. The sequential turn signal does not operate properly unless the white wire has constant power which would be your white light. I did not want to drive with my white lights on all the time so I just live with the sequential not working very well. It works OK but it just doesn’t sweep all the way across smoothly

badpewterz

Reaction score
Looks good. Is that the ceramic gray BTS edition? If so, more pics please. That is my favorite color (destroyer, nardo, concrete, et al).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes it is. I love this color and being blacked out

Attachments

• 20200731_132050.jpg
    20200731_132050.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 20200731_091314.jpg
    20200731_091314.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 20200731_132230.jpg
    20200731_132230.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 20200731_132100.jpg
    20200731_132100.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 20200731_132107.jpg
    20200731_132107.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 175

K_Hub

Reaction score
Temp getting in my truck today at my shop and actual temp driving down the road. I think it’s time for the ac hack next week.

63ea138dcd25fec61975b533df36adda.jpg

242804b073dbd826b0facf595a22cc5d.jpg

Skater

Reaction score
Temp getting in my truck today at my shop and actual temp driving down the road. I think it’s time for the ac hack next week.

63ea138dcd25fec61975b533df36adda.jpg

242804b073dbd826b0facf595a22cc5d.jpg

A/C hack for when you are driving, but you could leave a ball of sourdough in a lightly buttered pan on your dash in the morning and by lunchtime your truck will smell like a bakery and you can make sandwiches from the well-cooked loaf. Man, that is hot! I would not want to live in Phoenix.

K_Hub

Reaction score
A/C hack for when you are driving, but you could leave a ball of sourdough in a lightly buttered pan on your dash in the morning and by lunchtime your truck will smell like a bakery and you can make sandwiches from the well-cooked loaf. Man, that is hot! I would not want to live in Phoenix.

Haha, I may have to do that one day for lunch. Phoenix is a vacation. They are 7 degrees cooler than where I live today.

ny2az

Reaction score

arizona.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread