5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
when i first put it on and drove around with it.it was "OK".but when i least expect ....Wow! o_O o_O .."Holy$h%t!!.i like it when a Ford or chevy behind me.they thi think if he can take that corner so can i...Wrong!.i can hear there tires "Squealing":LOL::LOL:!!
Sounds like my kind of upgrade, can I ask where you found it at?

cjh0702

Reaction score
Which wire did you tap to have the running board LEDs turn on with the door? I mean which color and in what location did you tap the "factory bed lighting wiring"? In rear door sill on driver's side and then again passenger side, or did you run them to the fuse box?

I’m interested in a setup like this too. Any details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram/Tun

Reaction score
- Lasfit LEDs for the rear cargo lights and third brake light. Was temporarily blinded but permanently satisfied.

5351a9c1b45519e4226f20cb7303721e.jpg

8db1ca407d1c0cdb6bcfa36426a1ed7a.jpg

- added a screen protector

bce3f0b422d2ba226bd313fa47bc493b.jpg

- also purchased and installed the rebel applique that goes on top of the grille. I had originally painted my chrome one to satin black but it’s chipping badly and scratches easily, as expected, so I went for a more permanent solution.

4be013d7899023594499e31317045489.jpg

17d9cbb630ee004ba3acffcea5d952ea.jpg
What is the black seal around third brake light? Something aftermarket or oem thing as I see many people adding to prevent third brake leaks on headliner.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

LessDodgeMoreRam

Reaction score
What is the black seal around third brake light? Something aftermarket or oem thing as I see many people adding to prevent third brake leaks on headliner.

Yep, exactly. Just a precaution to avoid leaks. It’s permatex adhesive silicone purchased at autozone for $9 or so.

Ram/Tun

Reaction score
Yep, exactly. Just a precaution to avoid leaks. It’s permatex adhesive silicone purchased at autozone for $9 or so.
Perfect. Did you just did it or while ago? Curious when removing third brake light how would it be

Ram/Tun

Reaction score
Have you done anything around roof antenna? People reported issues comes from there as well over the headliner

RamVader

Reaction score
Which wire did you tap to have the running board LEDs turn on with the door? I mean which color and in what location did you tap the "factory bed lighting wiring"? In rear door sill on driver's side and then again passenger side, or did you run them to the fuse box?

The wire tap Location for the bed lighting is:
Look underneath on the driver side near the bumper. I followed the wire from the factory light down to the connector ( see photo ). You’re going to tap into the WHITE wire. I confirmed this with my circuit tester. I unplugged the connector. I clipped the ground on one end of the light tester to the chassis and poked the three different wires coming from that clip when the bed lighting was on. Super easy to do. I used a wire tap that has a female spade connector on it. Then I took two wires and crimped one male spade connector on one end of the both of the wires together and a female spade connector on each end of the other wires. That way I can plug both Sides driver and passenger into the same wire. Then just crimp a male spade at the end of the power wire from the bed light and courtesy step light and plugged each side into the female spade plugs and grounded the other wires. I suggest you get a couple packages of these ( Photo attached ) waterproof connectors. I soldered and heat shrink one end of the waterproof connectors at the ends of the bed lighting and courtesy step light strips and the other end to the wire running back to the connectors at the back of the truck. That way in case The strips go bad you just unplug it replace it without having to run all the wire back. Everything connects with the waterproof connectors midway where the cab and the bed meet all tucked away and zip tied so you can always access it and unplug it and swap out a strip if it ever goes bad or burns out etc ( cheap Chinese Amazon lights ). I also put a little dielectric grease inside all the fittings just for extra precaution.
408d2b8ecaa187895f4f2f4a295c9c1a.jpg
1ea1b99abb744e871ab8b6d95157f7f3.jpg
fd5177ac215b3ea2a7ba33256a1ff5c7.jpg
fe98cd4b7f319483d309ff327b6a522b.jpg

Skater

Reaction score
Where is the link for this write-up? Asking for a friend
Post 10,574, above. Just link this forum page like this:

TNSmokee

Reaction score
The wire tap Location for the bed lighting is:
Look underneath on the driver side near the bumper. I followed the wire from the factory light down to the connector ( see photo ). You’re going to tap into the WHITE wire. I confirmed this with my circuit tester. I unplugged the connector. I clipped the ground on one end of the light tester to the chassis and poked the three different wires coming from that clip when the bed lighting was on. Super easy to do. I used a wire tap that has a female spade connector on it. Then I took two wires and crimped one male spade connector on one end of the both of the wires together and a female spade connector on each end of the other wires. That way I can plug both Sides driver and passenger into the same wire. Then just crimp a male spade at the end of the power wire from the bed light and courtesy step light and plugged each side into the female spade plugs and grounded the other wires. I suggest you get a couple packages of these ( Photo attached ) waterproof connectors. I soldered and heat shrink one end of the waterproof connectors at the ends of the bed lighting and courtesy step light strips and the other end to the wire running back to the connectors at the back of the truck. That way in case The strips go bad you just unplug it replace it without having to run all the wire back. Everything connects with the waterproof connectors midway where the cab and the bed meet all tucked away and zip tied so you can always access it and unplug it and swap out a strip if it ever goes bad or burns out etc ( cheap Chinese Amazon lights ). I also put a little dielectric grease inside all the fittings just for extra precaution.
408d2b8ecaa187895f4f2f4a295c9c1a.jpg
1ea1b99abb744e871ab8b6d95157f7f3.jpg
fd5177ac215b3ea2a7ba33256a1ff5c7.jpg
fe98cd4b7f319483d309ff327b6a522b.jpg

Where did you ground it at? I'm assuming that the green and yellow wires you spliced together are for each of the light bars.

FTRO

Reaction score
Added a Lomax Hard Tri-cover:
Lomax 2.jpg
Rough Country bed mat:
RC BedMat.jpg
and tinted the front windows 35% ( I would have matched the back 20% for looks but that is darker than I prefer to look out of at night.)
Tint 3.jpg

Tint 4.jpg

Attachments

• Tint 1.jpg
    Tint 1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread