5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tint installed on the front windows to match the factory rear tint. Madico Onyx 20%. Looks great from the outside but as others have mentioned, the hue/color is slightly different than the factory windows looking from inside out. I also had Winco 70% installed on the dual pane sunroof. Amazing the amount of heat blocking that ceramic film provides! Anxious to drive in some blazing sun to see & feel the difference in cabin temperature.
View attachment 60735
How clear is that 70? I have an installer who said he will do my moonroof with that for $100.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Welcoming my first born on Tuesday and the wife was adamant that I needed a “baby on board” sticker so I pumped out some decals for the truck today. This qualifies and I don’t have to have that ridiculous baby caution sign on my beautiful truck.

I had to balance it out with another decal and I put this flag on every truck I’ve owned.
7944d527bb0870feaf5b79ca91f3f55d.jpg

71b5c139ad457ce43cf170dab28c79fd.jpg

3bca2ddf9b865c5075c7f5ce222b7669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helmetface

Reaction score
Installed a Batwing that I picked up used, but in great condition. 270 degrees of shade.

20200703_190817.jpg

I can set up in about 2 minutes and similarly timed to put away.

20200703_191342.jpg

I absolutely love it. Can't wait to put it to work.

**edit** I'm going to flip the bracket and see if I can tuck it in tighter to the truck cap. Should work...

Last edited:

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I have the X4 and RamBoxes also. Water is going to come in all around the edges. I don't care, because I didn't really buy mine to keep stuff dry. I just wanted it secure and convenient to roll up the cover and fit my motorcycle back there.

If you want to carry stuff back there and be sure it stays dry, you need to put something that will let stuff sit raised up above the floor a little bit, and then not have it right up against the side of the bed. The cover will keep rain from coming directly down on it and being raise will mean the water that comes in around the edges will run off/out instead of soaking into the bottom of whatever is sitting in the bed. Or get some big tubs to keep in the back and put your dry stuff in the tubs. Or something like that.
Same, not really looking for waterproof. Secure and mostly dry works for me. I do have a mat in the bed that keeps things raised up a bit. Still waiting for rain....

K_Hub

Reaction score
Same, not really looking for waterproof. Secure and mostly dry works for me. I do have a mat in the bed that keeps things raised up a bit. Still waiting for rain....

I highly suggest the entry level bedrug bed mat. It keeps all my gear elevated just enough that everything remains dry. It allows the water to run under the rug and out the tailgate. I can drive through a car wash with my gear in the back and everything is 100% dry.

Skater

Reaction score
Installed a Batwing that I picked up used, but in great condition. 270 degrees of shade.

View attachment 60797

I can set up in about 2 minutes and similarly timed to put away.

View attachment 60798

I absolutely love it. Can't wait to put it to work.

**edit** I'm going to flip the bracket and see if I can tuck it in tighter to the truck cap. Should work...
Ok, that is a great setup and only takes 2 minutes to deploy! You cannot beat that. Looks good too.

Skater

Reaction score
Welcoming my first born on Tuesday and the wife was adamant that I needed a “baby on board” sticker so I pumped out some decals for the truck today. This qualifies and I don’t have to have that ridiculous baby caution sign on my beautiful truck.

I had to balance it out with another decal and I put this flag on every truck I’ve owned.
7944d527bb0870feaf5b79ca91f3f55d.jpg

71b5c139ad457ce43cf170dab28c79fd.jpg

3bca2ddf9b865c5075c7f5ce222b7669.jpg

Cool Baby on Board sticker. Thinking of putting this on my window. I live in Texas, so it is sort of mandatory.

7966_Guns_Grenades_Stick_Family_1_Decal_Sticker_DM__46123.1482980049.1280.1280.jpg

zignice

Reaction score
Finally took the plunge and got the 35x12.5x22 Ridge Grapplers. I really did not want to mess with the air suspension at all so I've been hesitant to purchase new tires, let alone 35" tires. After reading a lot of posts on this forum and seeing a few YouTube videos it appeared that the 35s would fit, although I could experience a little rubbing on full lock. The guys at Discount Tire offered to fit test for me before purchasing and insisted the tire would rub. Much to their surprise, the tires fit with no rubbing whatsoever. I was expecting to have at least some minor issues on a full turn, but I was surprised that there was no rubbing at all. Very happy with how this turned out. I'm still on the fence with leveling.
IMG_1917.jpeg IMG_1937.jpeg IMG_1929.jpeg IMG_1919.jpeg IMG_1918.jpeg

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I highly suggest the entry level bedrug bed mat. It keeps all my gear elevated just enough that everything remains dry. It allows the water to run under the rug and out the tailgate. I can drive through a car wash with my gear in the back and everything is 100% dry.

$30 from Home Depot and does the same thing for me. It's also very "anti skid". Stuff I put in the back really does not move around at all - unless I'm driving very aggressively. Funny that I see today is the 1 year anniversary of my original post about this, too. It is still in good shape. Dragging scuba tanks in and out of the back has put some wear on it, but nothing major.

Paultg

Reaction score
Finally took the plunge and got the 35x12.5x22 Ridge Grapplers. I really did not want to mess with the air suspension at all so I've been hesitant to purchase new tires, let alone 35" tires. After reading a lot of posts on this forum and seeing a few YouTube videos it appeared that the 35s would fit, although I could experience a little rubbing on full lock. The guys at Discount Tire offered to fit test for me before purchasing and insisted the tire would rub. Much to their surprise, the tires fit with no rubbing whatsoever. I was expecting to have at least some minor issues on a full turn, but I was surprised that there was no rubbing at all. Very happy with how this turned out. I'm still on the fence with leveling.
View attachment 60829 View attachment 60830 View attachment 60831 View attachment 60832 View attachment 60833
Looks awesome. Don’t change a thing!
Is your speedometer still accurate with the larger tires?

zignice

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Don’t change a thing!
Is your speedometer still accurate with the larger tires?

Haven’t had a chance to check the speedo, but anticipating it being off, so I ordered the Rough Country calibrator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paultg

Reaction score
Haven’t had a chance to check the speedo, but anticipating it being off, so I ordered the Rough Country calibrator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I read somewhere on here that the speedos auto adjust? Might be trucks with NAV only. Before you install run Waze or Google maps on a phone and compare to your trucks GPS and speed to your phone. I think I’d do it without connecting the phone to the truck too. Might save ya some money and effort.

Users who are viewing this thread