5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Installed my new Bak Revolver X4. Slight pain but love the cover so far. We'll see how dry next rain. They did include extra foam to cover some of the gap at the tailgate.

Skater

Reaction score

flipback23

Reaction score
The decked storage looks great, I always wonder about something like that and end up with a load of chaos under a cover instead.
Ya I got OCD about organizing lol so im luvin it and it holds up good hauled 1k lbs of cement the other day and didnt flex or anything under the load

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
Looks great. I like that flag and placement too.
How long does the Dura Coating tire coat last before you have to reapply?
It's supposed to last 6-12 months. I don't worry too much in the winter up here so if I can apply it just once a year to get me through the nice weather months that will be great.

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
Which ceramic coating did you use ? Link please .
Honestly it is just a cheap Turtle Wax one from Walmart. I was going to order the Nexgen coating but I had stopped at Walmart to grab some microfiber towels and I saw the turtle wax ceramic spray. I've been surprised by how good their spray waxes are so I figured I would give it a shot. I'm going to add a second coat when I get out of work today and I'll see how long it lasts. If I'm not happy I'll order the Nexgen.

dct33

Reaction score
Tint installed on the front windows to match the factory rear tint. Madico Onyx 20%. Looks great from the outside but as others have mentioned, the hue/color is slightly different than the factory windows looking from inside out. I also had Winco 70% installed on the dual pane sunroof. Amazing the amount of heat blocking that ceramic film provides! Anxious to drive in some blazing sun to see & feel the difference in cabin temperature.
20200702_192554.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you thought about having that exact same tint but lighter added to the rear windows ? I had ceramic tint added all around but in the lightest shade they had for my fronts.

dct33

Reaction score
Good thought! I am surprised the shop didn't suggest that. I may go that route if the difference in color bugs me enough. Appearance-wise I am super happy the windows are 95% uniform now and the cabin in much cooler via the forearm test at least.:cool:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes my shop had suggested that to me as I really have no tint experience. Once that was done even with my all black interior, it’s still cooler then several of our other vehicles. Now truth be told I did not do anything with that front windshield as I was too scared to ha ha ha.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
That's a good option. I was trying to avoid going through the firewall, and someone on here had suggested F60. To each their own though. Good luck with your project.

I've already ran so much through the firewall, what's 1 more wire lol.. Working on getting Switch Pro's all hooked up and all the wiring ran for lighting.

1593790385826.png

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Tint installed on the front windows to match the factory rear tint. Madico Onyx 20%. Looks great from the outside but as others have mentioned, the hue/color is slightly different than the factory windows looking from inside out. I also had Winco 70% installed on the dual pane sunroof. Amazing the amount of heat blocking that ceramic film provides! Anxious to drive in some blazing sun to see & feel the difference in cabin temperature.
View attachment 60735
It will look different from the factory rear windows because they aren't actually tinted with film. They are dipped in dye.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my new Bak Revolver X4. Slight pain but love the cover so far. We'll see how dry next rain. They did include extra foam to cover some of the gap at the tailgate.

I have the X4 and RamBoxes also. Water is going to come in all around the edges. I don't care, because I didn't really buy mine to keep stuff dry. I just wanted it secure and convenient to roll up the cover and fit my motorcycle back there.

If you want to carry stuff back there and be sure it stays dry, you need to put something that will let stuff sit raised up above the floor a little bit, and then not have it right up against the side of the bed. The cover will keep rain from coming directly down on it and being raise will mean the water that comes in around the edges will run off/out instead of soaking into the bottom of whatever is sitting in the bed. Or get some big tubs to keep in the back and put your dry stuff in the tubs. Or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread