5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Talpa

Reaction score
It was extremely easy. Got a led kit from amazon. Replacement filter from autozone

Nibis

Reaction score
Installed PAC AMP PRO, RCA patch cable, Remote Wire, 4 Gauge Power Wire & Ground. Also installed the bass knob for the Amp Pro. My wife was in the truck and seen the knob and asked what it did, she thought it was factory, LOL. I guess I did a good job.

View attachment 57817
Well today, i had to pull it all apart, I lost volume. I checked the Pac and it was acting like it was working. The led was lighting up as i worked the volume knob. I tried to reset with the SWC, no luck. Repeated all connections and got sound back. Going to be more than a little mad if this happens again.

O Captain My Captian

Reaction score
What fuse ports did you tie that into? Why did you choose those ports?
I used F33 for the always on connection. It controls the overhead console buttons. Nothing that is mission critical to the overall running of the truck.
The other fuse was the accessory switch.
It was recommended by BlackVue to connect to both. Why? I honestly don’t know, but I’ve seen other install videos having done it.
I have a more detailed description of what I did here.

cruzinj

Reaction score
1d4346c1e781f786be155f7fd909f9a2.jpg

67d5a43714bfee5df405585b0e5c034e.jpg
Did you plastic dip the chrome?

BlckDT

Reaction score
Did you consider a Pedal Commander and decide against it for the Sprint Booster?

Yes. The PC would be just as good, but Sprint Booster has been around for a very long time and they have won awards. Also, I liked the small button control and pedal lock mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STOKED

Reaction score
How much did that run you?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
I was quoted $250. I BS'd with the guy the whole time and when he was done he said $200, but I gave him $240.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FINALLY GOT MY REAR SUSPENSION HEIGHTS TO BE EQUAL! No more 3/4" lean to the driver side! Now I can install my Timber Grove airbags that I've been sitting on trying to get this lean fixed.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
FINALLY GOT MY REAR SUSPENSION HEIGHTS TO BE EQUAL! No more 3/4" lean to the driver side! Now I can install my Timber Grove airbags that I've been sitting on trying to get this lean fixed.
How did you fix the lean?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Detailed it here:

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Had some fun this morning upgrading the door speakers. Dash speakers on the way. Decided to join the Infinity Reference crew, and boy am I glad I did. Such a night and day difference. If anyone is contemplating the upgrade, do it, you won't be sorry. I have the base 6 speaker system just for reference. No feedback when driving with and without MDS engaged and did not switch the pins for these connectors like many have had to. Crutchfield for everything.

Attachments

• 20200603_112843.jpg
    20200603_112843.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 125

Solosnavy

Reaction score
Had some fun this morning upgrading the door speakers. Dash speakers on the way. Decided to join the Infinity Reference crew, and boy am I glad I did. Such a night and day difference. If anyone is contemplating the upgrade, do it, you won't be sorry. I have the base 6 speaker system just for reference. No feedback when driving with and without MDS engaged and did not switch the pins for these connectors like many have had to. Crutchfield for everything.
i see alot of guys replacing their speakers... are any of you doing this that already have the harmon kardon system?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
i see alot of guys replacing their speakers... are any of you doing this that already have the harmon kardon system?
Was thinking about this with my Harmon setup but I think it sounds good enough. A better equalizer would do wonders probably. I would also like to put some polyfill in the subwoofer box to improve the bass sound there.

Users who are viewing this thread