5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Solosnavy

Reaction score
Was thinking about this with my Harmon setup but I think it sounds good enough. A better equalizer would do wonders probably. I would also like to put some polyfill in the subwoofer box to improve the bass sound there.
im with you where it sounds great my gen 4 had the alpine system and the HK blows that away.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, a lot of us are at least replacing the front dash speakers with true 3.5's and not the crap they put in there. Several threads. This one isn't explicitly for HK.

jsampsell

Reaction score
Was thinking about this with my Harmon setup but I think it sounds good enough. A better equalizer would do wonders probably. I would also like to put some polyfill in the subwoofer box to improve the bass sound there.
Sound is such a subjective thing. I have the HK and am severely disappointed in it. Especially the sub bass. Adding polyfill to the stock sub enclosure didn’t do any good. No noticeable change to my ears anyway. I know that one of the engineers that works on the HK system is a member of this site so I say this knowing full well that there are many factors involved in the decisions made for this HK system, but I don’t think it’s worth the “price” for it. It was other options that drove my decision to purchase the truck I did and it happened to have the HK system. Adding an aftermarket sub significantly improves the sub bass performance and allows for a better balance. However, eventually I’d like to replace all of the speakers and add a DSP for more control. Like any other sound discussion though, if it sounds good to you, don’t change a thing.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Sound is such a subjective thing. I have the HK and am severely disappointed in it. Especially the sub bass. Adding polyfill to the stock sub enclosure didn’t do any good. No noticeable change to my ears anyway. I know that one of the engineers that works on the HK system is a member of this site so I say this knowing full well that there are many factors involved in the decisions made for this HK system, but I don’t think it’s worth the “price” for it. It was other options that drove my decision to purchase the truck I did and it happened to have the HK system. Adding an aftermarket sub significantly improves the sub bass performance and allows for a better balance. However, eventually I’d like to replace all of the speakers and add a DSP for more control. Like any other sound discussion though, if it sounds good to you, don’t change a thing.
I agree that I would expect a little better with the HK name behind it. I would also like to add better sound proofing in the panels to improve sound. My thoughts are, improvements via replacing the speaker components are all doable but how would we be able to hook it up to the stock stereo setup and get a better equalizer? Without that I feel the efforts are not justified.

jsampsell

Reaction score
I agree that I would expect a little better with the HK name behind it. I would also like to add better sound proofing in the panels to improve sound. My thoughts are, improvements via replacing the speaker components are all doable but how would we be able to hook it up to the stock stereo setup and get a better equalizer? Without that I feel the efforts are not justified.
Sound proofing always helps in my opinion. I think some folks go a little overboard personally but that’s just my opinion.

The PAC AmpPro allows for integration into the stock stereo. It provides a full 20-20 signal for connection to amps. It works beautifully. I’m running one for my subs. A number of folks on here have used it to add amps for their aftermarket speakers too.

As for EQ, the only way you’ll be able to get some control is with a Digital Signal Processor. There are a number of DSP options out there and folks are like truck brands when it comes to opinions on brand preferences so just do you research if you’ve never used one. They are essential in my opinion to getting as much out of a system as possible, but you are basically all in if you go that route. I’ve done it before and want to with this truck but family stuff has changed my priorities a bit. :)

Bigdaveincali

Reaction score

K9cop

Reaction score

mvinsonp

Reaction score

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
9c2bec5814570e3e7c4f59ff8beea148.jpg

LamboTexas

Reaction score
First oil and filter change at 1,000 miles. Calibration recall done but as stated before-Ram bed step replacement - not available.

dunehiker

Reaction score
I installed the Gator EFX Hard tri-fold Tonneau cover yesterday. So far impressed with the quality and ease of install especially at the price point (it was on sale for $550). As it turns out we had some strong storms last night and when I checked this morning found a little bit of moisture on the back right side near the tailgate but that was it. If I have time I may try to adjust it a bit to see if I can prevent that water from coming in.

Attachments

• 20200604_171447.jpg
    20200604_171447.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 20200604_171458.jpg
    20200604_171458.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 141

BGC

Reaction score
Reduces body roll substantially due to a better designed and built sway bar. Makes the truck feel more planted to the road around corners etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curious, would this have the same benefit for a truck with a 3.5 bolt on suspension lift or only factory suspension? I’m a bit new tothis so apologies of this is a lame question! Also curious if it’s something that would be important for
Front and rear? Appreciate any wisdom
You can share.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious, would this have the same benefit for a truck with a 3.5 bolt on suspension lift or only factory suspension? I’m a bit new tothis so apologies of this is a lame question! Also curious if it’s something that would be important for
Front and rear? Appreciate any wisdom
You can share.

Yes. Tons of ppl run the hellwig sway bar and say it provides a better ride. Especially with a lift. Welcome to the forums!

Users who are viewing this thread