5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
guess you will have to start paying someone to do it
That would be the easiest approach, but certainly the most expensive as well. I will continue to wash my own truck, just didn't realize the scope of the project i was getting myself into when I started yesterday. After struggling for so long and watching a lot, and I mean a lot, of YouTube videos on detailing, I finally decided to use the CG extreme wash and wax and I do like the outcome. My biggest issue was trying to do it outside of the sunlight. I could not avoid waterspots, so I had to wipe it all down with damp microfiber towels after washing and air drying. Also had waterpots on all the glass, so I cleaned them with with a magic eraser and then applied the TW Hybrid ceramic coating to the glass. All together washing my wife's van and my truck I was out there 6 hours.

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
ae0cb1c475af32b64051d21d85d53cf0.jpg

Roadmaster 1-1/8” rear sway bar!

How do you like it? I was in the air on Hellwig or Roadmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvGun

Reaction score
From what I have read on other posts, the stock, front sway bar is a solid bar similar to the Hellwig and does not need to changed. The rear sway however is not and is why people change it out.

I put about 50 miles on the truck today. No issues with the ride comfort as per all the family giving their input, and handles sooooo much better. I have it at its most aggressive setting.
I also just installed one and went to the highest setting. I think it feels great, not harsh.

Mr. Hindsight

Reaction score
That would be the easiest approach, but certainly the most expensive as well. I will continue to wash my own truck, just didn't realize the scope of the project i was getting myself into when I started yesterday. After struggling for so long and watching a lot, and I mean a lot, of YouTube videos on detailing, I finally decided to use the CG extreme wash and wax and I do like the outcome. My biggest issue was trying to do it outside of the sunlight. I could not avoid waterspots, so I had to wipe it all down with damp microfiber towels after washing and air drying. Also had waterpots on all the glass, so I cleaned them with with a magic eraser and then applied the TW Hybrid ceramic coating to the glass. All together washing my wife's van and my truck I was out there 6 hours.

It’s always best to wash in the shade and the vehicle to be cool to the touch. I ran into that same issue with dried water spots last weekend. It was cloudy for quite some time and when I was about half way thorough the sun cane back out. I was so pissed! Claying worked great for me, especially on all the windows with a 50-50 mix of purified water and distilled vinegar. I was very happy with the results.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I went with Roadmaster because everyone goes with Hellwig and i like to be different.

That said, we took an hour long drive on some side roads and twistys, the truck was a blast to drive.

Now probabaly the case with most upgraded sways, with nothing in the bed, you doo feel more of the road bumps but that’s the trade off with thicker sways I guess.

This bar is 14# heavier than the OEM bar.

Ramtrx

Reaction score

1000% worth the money. Truck handling improved hand over fist. After installing stronger end links I couldn’t be happier.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I went with Roadmaster because everyone goes with Hellwig and i like to be different.

That said, we took an hour long drive on some side roads and twistys, the truck was a blast to drive.

Now probabaly the case with most upgraded sways, with nothing in the bed, you doo feel more of the road bumps but that’s the trade off with thicker sways I guess.

This bar is 14# heavier than the OEM bar.
I would go with hellwig over road master. I don’t believe roadmaster sway bar is adjustable. Hellwig is and great for ppl who want to adjust the sway bar.

whetrick1

Reaction score
The Ram ones that come with the midnight edition. They are brand new. They had to be replaced because they were leaking. Got them put in on Thursday.

OK I went to the dealership and asked the parts department if they made any after blackout headlights.I bought my Ram in Oct 2018 and they told they didn't make any for the new body style. So I found a set made by CRex and they look great except they don't t say Ram on the blinker part of the lens
5d498efd80ff2e01dca84c6e249cff1e.jpg

Last edited:

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
From what I have read on other posts, the stock, front sway bar is a solid bar similar to the Hellwig and does not need to changed. The rear sway however is not and is why people change it out.

The OEM front sway bar is hollow, just like the OEM rear bar.
Not sure if anyone sells aftermarket front bar, but it's possible a heavier duty bar can be swapped in from either the 2500 or 3500 model. Someone will have to research that.

Steve

LuvGun

Reaction score
The OEM front sway bar is hollow, just like the OEM rear bar.
Not sure if anyone sells aftermarket front bar, but it's possible a heavier duty bar can be swapped in from either the 2500 or 3500 model. Someone will have to research that.

Steve
This was posted by member drsubie,,,

I also wondered why Hellwig didn't make a front sway bar for RAM, and here's what I found out via their FAQ:

"
Why doesn’t Hellwig manufacture aftermarket Dodge pickup front sway bars?
We often get customers asking why our truck sway bar line has front and rear sway bars for Ford and GM trucks but only rear sway bars for the majority of the Dodge trucks. It really comes down to an easy answer, they don’t need them. Sway bars are a torsional spring that decreases body roll and sway in a vehicle. From the factory, vehicles are often set up with soft sway bars and with an understeer bias. By making aftermarket sway bars with larger diameters, we increase the stiffness of the bar to decrease body roll even further and bring the vehicle more towards a neutral steer balance. We determine the correct diameter for the bar from a series of calculations, test fit and test drives. The trick is to make the bar stiff enough to decrease body roll and sway and improve handling while not too stiff to hurt handling. Remember, a bigger bar is not always a better bar. After a point it will actually hurt more than help, which is why you don’t see companies making 3” diameter sway bars. In our testing with the Dodge trucks, they do not follow the industry trend of soft stock front sway bars and usually have a very stiff front bar that does not need improvement. While we would love to sell you something for the front of the Dodge trucks, our goal is to make products you need, not just something for you to buy since it is available. For comparison, a 2012 Ford Super Duty 4×4 has a factory 1-1/8” front sway bar which we increase to 1-5/16” on our aftermarket bar. A 2012 Dodge 3500 4×4 comes stock with an 1-7/16” front sway bar which is already 1/4” bigger than our aftermarket bar for the Super Duty. Obviously there is no need to increase this bar even more. We will keep testing the Dodge trucks as they come out to see if any of them need a front sway bar (for instance we found the 2009-2013 Dodge 1500 2wd could use a stiffer front bar so we make one for that model) but if you have a Dodge and we don’t make a bar, it is most likely because it is not necessary. And remember, while Dodge trucks have a strong front bar, they often have a soft or nonexistent rear bar so you will feel a large improvement with the upgraded Hellwig rear sway bar whether you’re towing, hauling or just daily driving you truck!"

Ramtrx

Reaction score
This was posted by member drsubie,,,

I also wondered why Hellwig didn't make a front sway bar for RAM, and here's what I found out via their FAQ:

"
Why doesn’t Hellwig manufacture aftermarket Dodge pickup front sway bars?
We often get customers asking why our truck sway bar line has front and rear sway bars for Ford and GM trucks but only rear sway bars for the majority of the Dodge trucks. It really comes down to an easy answer, they don’t need them. Sway bars are a torsional spring that decreases body roll and sway in a vehicle. From the factory, vehicles are often set up with soft sway bars and with an understeer bias. By making aftermarket sway bars with larger diameters, we increase the stiffness of the bar to decrease body roll even further and bring the vehicle more towards a neutral steer balance. We determine the correct diameter for the bar from a series of calculations, test fit and test drives. The trick is to make the bar stiff enough to decrease body roll and sway and improve handling while not too stiff to hurt handling. Remember, a bigger bar is not always a better bar. After a point it will actually hurt more than help, which is why you don’t see companies making 3” diameter sway bars. In our testing with the Dodge trucks, they do not follow the industry trend of soft stock front sway bars and usually have a very stiff front bar that does not need improvement. While we would love to sell you something for the front of the Dodge trucks, our goal is to make products you need, not just something for you to buy since it is available. For comparison, a 2012 Ford Super Duty 4×4 has a factory 1-1/8” front sway bar which we increase to 1-5/16” on our aftermarket bar. A 2012 Dodge 3500 4×4 comes stock with an 1-7/16” front sway bar which is already 1/4” bigger than our aftermarket bar for the Super Duty. Obviously there is no need to increase this bar even more. We will keep testing the Dodge trucks as they come out to see if any of them need a front sway bar (for instance we found the 2009-2013 Dodge 1500 2wd could use a stiffer front bar so we make one for that model) but if you have a Dodge and we don’t make a bar, it is most likely because it is not necessary. And remember, while Dodge trucks have a strong front bar, they often have a soft or nonexistent rear bar so you will feel a large improvement with the upgraded Hellwig rear sway bar whether you’re towing, hauling or just daily driving you truck!"
I had a hellwig front sway bar in my 2013. 2wd so it helped with the bigger tires.

Helmetface

Reaction score
I will admit, the 1500 was not getting much love as of late!

The recent incentives had my eyes pegged on a 2500 Cummins, but at the end of the day, I could just not justify it!

So, I treated old Bessy to a good warshin and a few minor mods.

Hellwig 7709:

20200531_180714.jpg

So, I like it. A lot. Upon installation, I set it to the stiffest setting. I wish it had one setting even stiffer!

Then it was time for a good bath:

20200531_181145.jpg

The granite really does clean up incredibly well!

20200531_181243.jpg

Then, I decided to de-badge and dip the remaining emblems black.

20200531_181636.jpg
20200531_181611.jpg
20200531_181449.jpg

I've got some thinking to do, but lift and tires are next.

Thinking 18x9, wrapped in 295/70's. I have factory ORP, but maybe a 1.5" puck in the front and Bilsteins all around will be the route I take.

Attachments

• 20200531_180714.jpg
    20200531_180714.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 49

LuvGun

Reaction score
I had a hellwig front sway bar in my 2013. 2wd so it helped with the bigger tires.
It mentions the 2013,,,
"We will keep testing the Dodge trucks as they come out to see if any of them need a front sway bar (for instance we found the 2009-2013 Dodge 1500 2wd could use a stiffer front bar so we make one for that model) but if you have a Dodge and we don’t make a bar, it is most likely because it is not necessary."

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
OK I went to the dealership and asked the parts department if they made any after blackout headlights.I bought my Ram in Oct 2018 and they told they didn't make any for the new body style. So I found a set made by CRex and they look great except they don't t say Ram on the blinker part of the lens
5d498efd80ff2e01dca84c6e249cff1e.jpg

Just went outside and looked at my headlights. I honestly never even noticed the RAM in the turn signals. Glad you found some that worked for you. Not sure why the dealership said what they said, because they are found on a lot of new Rams if they have the midnight package and some premium packages.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
It’s always best to wash in the shade and the vehicle to be cool to the touch. I ran into that same issue with dried water spots last weekend. It was cloudy for quite some time and when I was about half way thorough the sun cane back out. I was so pissed! Claying worked great for me, especially on all the windows with a 50-50 mix of purified water and distilled vinegar. I was very happy with the results.
Yeah, I thought I would have enough time before the sun started shining on my driveway as early as I got out there, since my driveway faces east. But after washing the wife's van I guess I was too late. All good...I know for next time.

Users who are viewing this thread