5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

406Rebel

Reaction score
Been looking at these...are they from Thuren or somewhere else? How do you like the ride?
They are from Thuren. Still testing out the ride. Work out of state so not home right now. And when I was home the wife was with me so couldn’t really test them out. They seam as nice as the factory Rebel shocks on road, a lot more sporty and controlled on tight corners.

Attachments

• 278F976C-26E9-4AED-B8A5-C072DD84018C.jpeg
    278F976C-26E9-4AED-B8A5-C072DD84018C.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 25C42A3E-2DE4-4F8D-8140-91DFEA43F8AF.jpeg
    25C42A3E-2DE4-4F8D-8140-91DFEA43F8AF.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 102

75Jimmy

Reaction score
Last edited:

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
thanks for the sound bites... hows the sound level while cruising the freeway? in the cab to be specific.
A little bit of drone with MDS engaged. Otherwise, sounds perfect. I don't do much highway driving, but for me, it is the perfect amount of cabin noise. I just pulled a 6x12 trailer this morning and I loved the rumble when it was in tow/haul mode. Also the most noticable drone was when I had all my windows down cruising at 30 mph and MDS was engaged. As soon as I did the gear limit, drone went away immediately.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Here's a cold start with the Flowmaster FlowFX cat back system.

Been looking for a replacement to the Carven cut and clamp I installed. Trying to find something with a little more low end rumble.
The videos of this one sound pretty good. Let us know how it sounds at highway speeds and when MDS kicks in. Or if there is any drone at any RPMs.
I was considering the Borla ATAK system, but the price on this Flowmaster is much better.

Mother

Reaction score
Been looking for a replacement to the Carven cut and clamp I installed. Trying to find something with a little more low end rumble.
The videos of this one sound pretty good. Let us know how it sounds at highway speeds and when MDS kicks in. Or if there is any drone at any RPMs.
I was considering the Borla ATAK system, but the price on this Flowmaster is much better.

Check out the MBRP system also. I love mine and if you google the part numbers you can find some great pricing. I was under $600 shipped for the full 304ss system.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I follow Hammerdown Motorsports page on YouTube and he has a Borla ATAK. That system is in a completely different ball field from the Flow FX. I would recommend you check his page for how loud that ATAK is before you purchase. The FlowFX is more comparable to the Borla Touring IMO. Just my 2 cents

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I follow Hammerdown Motorsports page on YouTube and he has a Borla ATAK. That system is in a completely different ball field from the Flow FX. I would recommend you check his page for how loud that ATAK is before you purchase. The FlowFX is more comparable to the Borla Touring IMO. Just my 2 cents
I’m running the ATAK on my Limited and love it, yeah it’s loud but that’s what you signed up for when you purchased it. If your intent was to steer him away from the ATAK I don’t know I just watched the Hammer down video and it made me proud to have it installed.

Solosnavy

Reaction score
A little bit of drone with MDS engaged. Otherwise, sounds perfect. I don't do much highway driving, but for me, it is the perfect amount of cabin noise. I just pulled a 6x12 trailer this morning and I loved the rumble when it was in tow/haul mode. Also the most noticable drone was when I had all my windows down cruising at 30 mph and MDS was engaged. As soon as I did the gear limit, drone went away immediately.
cool man thanks!

75Jimmy

Reaction score

Overall very happy! Cold starts sound mean and I like that, idle has a nice burble but no annoying rumble, just drove with it 50 miles, at highway cruise and no load, you know its there but you barely hear it inside the cab. When you get on it, it wakes up for sure. It's sounds awesome. With MDS, you definitely hear it when its on and off, but I could hear it even with the stock exhaust - the way I describe it, at cruise and no load, you don't hear the MDS or pay attention to it, but when you in one of those light engine load scenarios where you start to hear MDS, the truck sounds more like a Subaru STI with a boxer engine, then you mash the loud pedal and it sounds like a Hemi.

75Jimmy

Reaction score
Overall very happy! Cold starts sound mean and I like that, idle has a nice burble but no annoying rumble, just drove with it 50 miles, at highway cruise and no load, you know its there but you barely hear it inside the cab. When you get on it, it wakes up for sure. It's sounds awesome. With MDS, you definitely hear it when its on and off, but I could hear it even with the stock exhaust - the way I describe it, at cruise and no load, you don't hear the MDS or pay attention to it, but when you in one of those light engine load scenarios where you start to hear MDS, the truck sounds more like a Subaru STI with a boxer engine, then you mash the loud pedal and it sounds like a Hemi. I havent really noticed any interior drone, or harmonics that cause rattles or vibration. There is resonance, but that's why you buy an exhaust system in the first place.

listen to this video with headphones - this is pretty much what it sounds like.

Last edited:

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I’m running the ATAK on my Limited and love it, yeah it’s loud but that’s what you signed up for when you purchased it. If your intent was to steer him away from the ATAK I don’t know I just watched the Hammer down video and it made me proud to have it installed.
Totally agree with your assessment. My statement was simply to say the FlowFX and the ATAK are not comparable, because of the difference in the loudness. If loud is your preference, the ATAK is an amazing system. But if he wants something closer to the sound clip he heard from the FlowFX, he would likey need to compare it to the Borla Touring.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
First, thanks all for the responses. Lots of good insight here.
Second, apologies. I didn't intend to turn this into the millionth exhaust thread on the site.

Mother - I checked out the MBRP the other day after I saw your post where you coated the tips (looks great btw). They sound good, but there seems to be a bit of a flutter going on there. Kinda like the exhaust notes aren't hitting the tips at the same time. A little like a boxer engine.

For everyone else, I'm coming from a Charger 392 that I did mid muffler delete on, and that, to me, was the perfect exhaust sound/note. Fantastic at idle (blop blop blop) and race car at WOT (especially in underpasses). I'm mostly looking for that low end blop/rumble. I had three previous rams that I was able to get it from, and those had custom Flowmaster and magnaflow setups. I'm starting to think Ram has neutered the heck out of the hemi or something.

I've seen hammerdown's video before, and it pretty much sold me on the Borla. But then I saw the Flowmaster post and watched some vids, and it sounded good too. I was trying to save money with the Carven, maybe I should go big this time instead of getting another system I will ultimately not be happy with.

Any drone with the ATAK? I've got a toddler and wife to consider with this upgrade (the toddler loved the charger exhaust, so I'm not too worried about him).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

moparleo51

Reaction score
Yeah as dookie said. This is a rough TSB for me. I took my truck in January for this, and they had to order the parts. I let it go for 5 months hearing the same "the parts are on the way" bullsh*t. So I pmed ram cares about it and magically the parts arrived 3 days later and i even got tracking numbers for the packages.
yeah thanks for the direction of the tsb, took my truck in for the wiper recall and gave them the tsb and now i have to wait for the parts to come in,oh boy .

75Jimmy

Reaction score
First, thanks all for the responses. Lots of good insight here.
Second, apologies. I didn't intend to turn this into the millionth exhaust thread on the site.

Mother - I checked out the MBRP the other day after I saw your post where you coated the tips (looks great btw). They sound good, but there seems to be a bit of a flutter going on there. Kinda like the exhaust notes aren't hitting the tips at the same time. A little like a boxer engine.

For everyone else, I'm coming from a Charger 392 that I did mid muffler delete on, and that, to me, was the perfect exhaust sound/note. Fantastic at idle (blop blop blop) and race car at WOT (especially in underpasses). I'm mostly looking for that low end blop/rumble. I had three previous rams that I was able to get it from, and those had custom Flowmaster and magnaflow setups. I'm starting to think Ram has neutered the heck out of the hemi or something.

I've seen hammerdown's video before, and it pretty much sold me on the Borla. But then I saw the Flowmaster post and watched some vids, and it sounded good too. I was trying to save money with the Carven, maybe I should go big this time instead of getting another system I will ultimately not be happy with.

Any drone with the ATAK? I've got a toddler and wife to consider with this upgrade (the toddler loved the charger exhaust, so I'm not too worried about him).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Carven is cheaper because it is a cut and clamp system. I think it maintains the 3 factory resonators. You might get more sound, but not clear on overall performance benefit with that one. I definitely feel as if the Rebel is breathing easier with the Airaid CAI and FlowFX straight through design. It sounds amazing and chirps tires easily, even when I don't mean to.

Users who are viewing this thread