5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Jeet

Reaction score
Dang, that really sucks. At least you're getting phenomenal gas mileage!

As someone else mentioned, many insurance companies will replace it at little or no cost and without penalty if you have comprehensive coverage. It sounds like you've already replaced it, but maybe they would provide at least a partial reimbursement.

Hahaha.... i see my mistake. 71 MPG - wouldn't that be super nice. I talked to my insurance (progressive) and they want me to pay my deductible ($500). The damage can't be fixed so needs a replacement. Got a quote for $800 (OEM Glass/labor) at safelite auto glass So i am thinking of paying out of pocket.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hahaha.... i see my mistake. 71 MPG - wouldn't that be super nice. I talked to my insurance (progressive) and they want me to pay my deductible ($500). The damage can't be fixed so needs a replacement. Got a quote for $800 (OEM Glass/labor) at safelite auto glass So i am thinking of paying out of pocket.
(y)

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot more ghetto for a lot more money. Those aren’t bad at all. May have to look for some in black
thanks, i agree!! at first i was like hmmm, but its been a few days & i LOVE them...

AND they are Black BLACK, but good luck trying to get a photo to show it! I just took another one, the dash looks grey, the floor looks grey, everything looks "grey" cuz of sun from above coming in the roof, but everything in my truck is black,...black carpet, black rubber mats, black interior roof, A-pillars, everything....might be 50 shades of black, but black nonetheless : )

Attachments

• IMG-0099.jpg
    IMG-0099.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 197

Rhombus

Reaction score
thanks, i agree!! at first i was like hmmm, but its been a few days & i LOVE them...

AND they are Black BLACK, but good luck trying to get a photo to show it! I just took another one, the dash looks grey, the floor looks grey, everything looks "grey" cuz of sun from above coming in the roof, but everything in my truck is black,...black carpet, black rubber mats, black interior roof, A-pillars, everything....might be 50 shades of black, but black nonetheless : )
Got a link? My truck is white but my interior is also all black.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hoping I have the patience to knock this one out. it can’t be more complicated than the wheel vinyls...

I couldn’t find a low profile bug guard I liked to I picked up a clear one from Lamin-x using my own referral code...you can do that right...?

4d959ad48e83d3a746d3cbe207043bd0.jpg

Truckguy

Reaction score
Hoping I have the patience to knock this one out. it can’t be more complicated than the wheel vinyls...

I couldn’t find a low profile bug guard I liked to I picked up a clear one from Lamin-x using my own referral code...you can do that right...?

4d959ad48e83d3a746d3cbe207043bd0.jpg

I been looking at the paint matched aeroskin guard but can’t find anyone with one other than the chrome and matte black.

Br549

Reaction score
You're in for a surprise, the touring is pretty damn loud. You may want to get a resonator to add in between the flange and muffler. Borla offers one, but a Magnaflow 18" can be had for half the cost. Do some searching on here and you can find the part number some have used. I kept my factory system and just added a Borla 40353 muffler only. Loving it, just what I wanted, a little more volume and deep tone.
Thanks for the info, I should have been more specific. Loud is fine, crazy loud and popping is not what I’m after. I debated the resonator but going to try without.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Finally got the Flowmaster bolt on done tonight. I did not get to test it out since the little guy was already asleep. Glad that's over because those exhaust hangers were a *****.

I think I am done with mods for now. I thought I was going to do the Mopar cat back since I already have the Mopar intake but after reading a bunch of reviews I went with the bolt on for now. Just looking for a bit more noise, not a lot. Plus it was a lot cheaper since I have been putting more towards modding the motorcycle now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Livinfast85

Reaction score
FINALLY after 8 months, the ram dealership replaced my steering wheel! I believe @RamCares had a hand in this and I appreciate it. The not so awesome part was driving less than 75 yards and see that the oh so awesome techs put my steering wheel on WAY crooked! I HAD TO HAVE my truck this week so i had no choice to fix it myself. Did a little write up linked below if anyone needs to remove or replace their steering wheel.

5thgenrams.com

2019-2020 Steering wheel removal instructions (With Pictures)
So I didn't find any good tutorials when I googled it, so I figured I would do a little write up to help out others. First off let me show you what the dealership did Today(How not to do it!!!) when they replaced my steering wheel. Then you will see how to remove it and place it correctly...
5thgenrams.com
5thgenrams.com

And here is the awesome job the dealer did! Which also makes the traction control go crazy when you try to change lanes.
20200518_145638.jpg

K_Hub

Reaction score
I debated on the bed rails for several months. I ended up realizing I really only wanted a rail at the back (towards the cab) like I had in my Titan as I mounted my tri bike to it. I settled for installing 4 Bull Rings in the corners, and I might do D rings as well if I can find some heavy duty ones like you're suggesting. I'll have to find some other way to secure my bike in the bed.

After searching for d-rings for longer than I’d like to admit I ended up placing an order today for some undrilled l-track and tie downs. Plan is to fire up the bandsaw and cut the track into 4” sections and place vertically mounting through same holes used for the utility rails. This will provide 3 tie downs inside the bed at various points. I’m not going to utilize the points closest to the bed as the canister for my roll top is going to cover them. I’ll be sure to add some pictures of the finished product.
c2352ca6a263af313c2695ecd791c2b7.jpg

d207885562b9b035979bbacbeec0da72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed Hellwig swaybar. (*purchased last week from Dragracecarparts.com for $211.00 w/ free shipping). Definitely worth the investment. The ride is noticeably more firm and stiff around turns. Like others I highly recommend the upgrade!

Users who are viewing this thread