5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rhombus

Reaction score
Do these lights really make that much of a difference when backing up? I hate the LED lights that my truck came with. My F150 LED reverse lights were amazing, really hoping I can get something comparable. Also, how easy was the install? Please provide more details of what you used and how you hooked them up.
Very easy install. Used the following to tap into the trailer harness without cutting anything. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007EA6WQU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do these lights really make that much of a difference when backing up? I hate the LED lights that my truck came with. My F150 LED reverse lights were amazing, really hoping I can get something comparable. Also, how easy was the install? Please provide more details of what you used and how you hooked them up.
They really do work well. 57E1293B-6004-4CF7-A02C-E6023958DA1E.jpeg

TNSmokee

Reaction score
What they all have said. I couldn't stand it and went ahead and moved some stuff around last night to look at the newly installed lights at almost dark. My wife even commented on how bright they were. I was able to see all the way down the driveway and the backup camera is brighter. I really think this is one of my favorite mods. This one is even totally reversible and used on the next RAM that I upgrade too.

Brockb10

Reaction score
I like it! What type of paint did you use for these?

Appreciate it! Used VHT engine enamel primer first then followed up with VHT Satin black brake caliper paint.

Prep: water, dawn dish soap and a Brillo rough side sponge. Then wet sanded with 320 grit. Full water rinse and dry and then isopropyl Alcohol wipe down before the first primer coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K_Hub

Reaction score
They really do work well. View attachment 54913

I’m debating doing the Luyeds or going with these flush mount 570 lumen carbine lights from SpeedTech.

I use a lot of their products on my Peterbilts and service trucks at work and have never had an issue with them. The only reason I’m holding back is the flush mount means pulling out my drill and I have the hardest time drilling holes in my new trucks. IMG_4307.jpg
IMG_4306.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4307.jpg
    IMG_4307.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 59

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m debating doing the Luyeds or going with these flush mount 570 lumen carbine lights from SpeedTech.

I use a lot of their products on my Peterbilts and service trucks at work and have never had an issue with them. The only reason I’m holding back is the flush mount means pulling out my drill and I have the hardest time drilling holes in my new trucks. View attachment 54925
View attachment 54926

Yeah i went with the LUYEDs because i could go back to stock whenever I wanted to. These would look clean, but i cant bring myself to drill holes in my bumper.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the setup that I was going to do with those two lights, but went with a new bumper with Ridgid lights installed instead.

Jayturk

Reaction score
How do you like this cover so far? I am on the fence with trying Rough Country tonneau covers.
Quality seems to be good, I have to go back and make sure the anchors are parallel to the bed rail, it a tad bit wavy. As far a waterproof, I have it butted really close to the tailgate. When opening and closing tailgate, have to give a little more effort to close. I think I will slide it back a little and attach a flat piece of weatherproof rubber. Other than that pleased, I contacted Rough Country, the guy says that the longer I have it on the sun/weather will make the waves go away over time.

Truckguy

Reaction score
Installed her first additions today. Wheel well liners and undercover swing cases with a wash and wax for good measure afterwards. I think my gen 4 sitting out front for sale and watching is getting jealous.
18f8cd5577565d1688f400395c708c6f.jpg

6af537bdbc5712079d4c6344776f7ff3.jpg

ff6559c67fbaba40a82b68bc1c679dfe.jpg

Been looking at those cases. Can you tell if they would work with the cargo rails in the bed?

XGen5Ram

Reaction score
Installed her first additions today. Wheel well liners and undercover swing cases with a wash and wax for good measure afterwards. I think my gen 4 sitting out front for sale and watching is getting jealous.
18f8cd5577565d1688f400395c708c6f.jpg

6af537bdbc5712079d4c6344776f7ff3.jpg

ff6559c67fbaba40a82b68bc1c679dfe.jpg

Where did you get the wheel liners from they look nice?

Rhombus

Reaction score
Did you install two Luyed Reverse lights using that wiring harness, or is that only for one? Appreciate your insight.
I only installed one, but I could have easily installed more. The main thing the harness does is provide a 5 pin flat harness off of the 7 pin. The 5 pins include ground and backup lights. It prevents you from having to physically tap into the main truck wiring harness and can be easily removed. I put a 5 pin tail on the harness showing in the photo and THAT is all that’s cut. Easily removed, no damage done, and easy enough to add other lights to if I wanted.

K_Hub

Reaction score
Where did you get the wheel liners from they look nice?

I bought the Mopar liners. Searched online and found the left for $58 and the right for $47 from a dealer in Texas and had them shipped for $16. I don’t get the logic in the difference in price but still cheaper than my dealer here in California.

Part #68275911AB (left) & 68275910AB (right)

K_Hub

Reaction score
Been looking at those cases. Can you tell if they would work with the cargo rails in the bed?

I don’t see why they wouldn’t. The swing cases don’t sit flush against the fender to allow enough room to open the lids without having to swing them out. There’s plenty of room behind there to accommodate the utility rails. I’ll try and get a picture with a tape measure today to show the clearance.

Being a previous owner of swing cases I will make one suggestion. Take the boxes to get lined. Don’t have them do the tops because it adds weight to the lid which overworks the hinges but definitely get the body of the case lined. You’ll thank me later when you pop the side of your case with a piece of steel and it happily shrugs it off rather than punching a hole through the poly.

dct33

Reaction score
I bought the Mopar liners. Searched online and found the left for $58 and the right for $47 from a dealer in Texas and had them shipped for $16. I don’t get the logic in the difference in price but still cheaper than my dealer here in California.

Part #68275911AB (left) & 68275910AB (right)

Do the liners go under the splash guards? From watching a video on the splash guard installation there is 3M tape involved so I don't want to do this out of order!

K_Hub

Reaction score
Do the liners go under the splash guards? From watching a video on the splash guard installation there is 3M tape involved so I don't want to do this out of order!

Here’s a video showing install.

Users who are viewing this thread