5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Muskiez

Reaction score
Muskiez, your topper looks great. What model is it? Do you have the back door lock synchronized with the main key fob?
Hey thanks! It’s the V series. No that wasn’t an option on this particular topper. I would have had to step up to a different model to get that. I think I heard with Leer toppers that option is available on lower modeled toppers but I was set on ARE

rondog69

Reaction score
Just ordered mine also for the same great deal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Finally got my taillights underway, need to buff them out more and might go a little darker. Window trim, body panel and front end chrome delete scheduled for next Friday.
View attachment 52121
Yoh...’65’... how did you darken the tail lights? If it’s a Limited, you have the blind spot sensors (radar?) in the middle of the lights, yes? I’ve blackened my Laramie fully, except the too-red tail lights. - Gary

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yoh...’65’... how did you darken the tail lights? If it’s a Limited, you have the blind spot sensors (radar?) in the middle of the lights, yes? I’ve blackened my Laramie fully, except the too-red tail lights. - Gary
Yes it has the BSM, they’ve been painted and no issues with the sensors. I’m going to go another 50% darker as they’re still not where I want them yet.

Gumpa

Reaction score
Yesterday Saturday , installed my new to me 4PLAY 4P08 wheels ... rec'd them Friday afternoon by fedex ... l traded a set of stock 22" limited wheels for them ... the 4PLAY wheels are 22x10 w/ -24 offset and Haida 878 RT 33x12.50 tires, so happy there is no rub at all in normal mode ... didnt check any other level mode .... truck was leveled w/ daystar spacers and DIY links ...
This morning had my headlights, tail lights and upper 3rd brake light tinted with a wrap ...
for those interested and located in phoenix...his contact info is below...
www.lightwrap.com
Tinting looks great! How dark is the film he used? They have light, mid, and dark smoke, in either gloss or stealth (satin). It looks dark on your tail lights but light on your headlights? Watching the install videos on the Luxe website it seems like my laramie headlights wouldn't be too bad to do myself. $65 to try it! I would do my mirrors too.

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
41f57118054aed65c9cbc4a6561c811a.plist

OEM fender flares.

Was kinda excited to get them after work so install in the dark was definitely happening.

RIP to my wrist. I’ll be ordering a cordless ratchet wrench this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
41f57118054aed65c9cbc4a6561c811a.plist

OEM fender flares.

Was kinda excited to get them after work so install in the dark was definitely happening.

RIP to my wrist. I’ll be ordering a cordless ratchet wrench this weekend.

Looks good! Tell me about it, it was hard to screw 109982899911 screws for me too...

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Nope

Nope.. just pushed really hard on them and tightened the screws.. worked for me

I bought all that crap and none of the clips broke so I didn’t use the ones that came with kit and the one flare I used the tape on is the one that has a gap because once the tape stuck it was STUCK! So not sure how I’m going to deal with that but I’m too tired now.

ny2az

Reaction score
Tinting looks great! How dark is the film he used? They have light, mid, and dark smoke, in either gloss or stealth (satin). It looks dark on your tail lights but light on your headlights? Watching the install videos on the Luxe website it seems like my laramie headlights wouldn't be too bad to do myself. $65 to try it! I would do my mirrors too.

Thx, lm happy with the install, it is light gloss on the headlights, dark gloss on the tail lights and 3rd brake light ... the installer did it all for $175 which included a $25 mobile charge ... if l would have gone to his shop it would of been only $150 ...

moparleo51

Reaction score
did my fender flares last week, i too had just only used a ratchet, man all those bolts to do, plus i had to take two of them off again as i couldnt get them to sit flush enough to my liking and even using the 3m tape did seem to really help, with the gaps,so i endend up using the welting trim its alot better but i will revisit this witha different 3m tape approach. any tips ? thanks

MiiisterAnderson

Reaction score
I began the install of the Vice Design hidden winch system. Previously I ran an external front mount 2" receiver hitch on my 2005 and due to the approach and departure angles in some sections of our hunting property ended up burying the hitch into the ground a few times.

I was thrilled to find that Vice had put this together. Install looks pretty straight forward, I've done the sub assembly so far, I'll be removing the bumper for the install later this week.

Attachments

• aa2IGEpa.jpg
    aa2IGEpa.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 203

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Thanks. Going with these instead of the license plate frame after seeing your setup.

Users who are viewing this thread