5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ride2little

Reaction score
I began the install of the Vice Design hidden winch system. Previously I ran an external front mount 2" receiver hitch on my 2005 and due to the approach and departure angles in some sections of our hunting property ended up burying the hitch into the ground a few times.

I was thrilled to find that Vice had put this together. Install looks pretty straight forward, I've done the sub assembly so far, I'll be removing the bumper for the install later this week.
Oooh...Keep me posted. This is high on my list. I'm curious to see the level of effort involved.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ceramic tint. Already had the factory privacy glass in the rear, so added 35% on rear doors and back glass, and added 20% on front doors.

What rubber is that? Looks awesome on those wheels - I have the same set with the original rubber, have been looking for a replacement !

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

Bear217

Reaction score
Got the new tires and 1” spacers installed. Went with 305/45R22 Ridge Grapplers and couldn’t be happier. Also didn’t have to cut my lugs as the factory wheels have spaces in the back.

90bd19a8a7891a00f2524494622447f1.jpg

a4be98af41c09c2b92d6e305f5d29cec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lifted? Any rubbing ?

2" in the front, stock rear with Air Lift spring bags. No rubbing until I added 2" hubcentric wheel spacer, then lots of rubbing. Had to manipulate the wheel well liners and trim the splash guards, took some work, but I got it to where it doesn't rub at all.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great, you should also consider doing the windshield as it really cuts down the temperature in the cab.
I may later, what I have now isn't legal here, but every other vehicle I've had in the past and current has this or darker. The front windshield is a ticket waiting to happen here. My parish is $275.00 PER window...Ask how I know.

Last edited:

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2" in the front, stock rear with Air Lift spring bags. No rubbing until I added 2" hubcentric wheel spacer, then lots of rubbing. Had to manipulate the wheel well liners and trim the splash guards, took some work, but I got it to where it doesn't rub at all.

I’m still looking for tires to use the same rims and not do a lift or level. But want better tires than the ones that came with

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I like them a lot. There are others out there that are probably more durable for off-road, but these have a great look and feel solid. Installed them myself, like the OEM because the brackets are already in place for easy install vs some out there where you have to install the brackets separately and line everything up, which would take a lot more time. Have to be careful with the bolts/nuts to not crossthread since the bolts on the truck are coated, got all on without much trouble except one, will have the dealer take a look at it at my first service, probably will need a die taken to it. Got them for $475 from BAM wholesale.
Finally got mine installed, got them from the dealer for $463 with the 15% off coupon from Mopar. Strange thing I was missing one lug nut so I will reach out to the dealer for the lug nut otherwise I love them.

Attachments

• 6CA1FB2B-9FE0-46D8-9BD6-20E92D6F9945_1_201_a.jpeg
    6CA1FB2B-9FE0-46D8-9BD6-20E92D6F9945_1_201_a.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
This. Needed a RAM emblem up front, but didn't look good up on top.
Ram Head Emblem.jpg

Then this. No more oil-coated steering unit or front axle disconnect.
First remove the homemade splash shield.
Splash Shield.jpg

Fabricate a bracket and line it all up.
Almost.jpg

Make connections
Done.jpg

Done and with no leaks.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread