5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

dailyherold

Reaction score
I’m a sucker for little gizmos so these bad boys caught my eye on Instagram. Picked up a set of jam handles for the Rebel. The idea is instead of pushing on the outside of your door, you use the jam handle to shut your door.
a021ba20cb36fa3c5418550d708500b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, I'm getting these, good find! My dirty black truck needs them badly.

ny2az

Reaction score
Got my daystar spacer and revel links installed. Fuel 20x9 wheels and 285/65/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

a few questions if you dont mind please ...
1. why did you use revel links with the daystar spacers ... l thought the daystars alone would level the truck ...
2. what is the offset on the wheels ... l dont want the wheels sticking out from under the fender wells and yours look good and tucked under flush ...
:)

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, I'm getting these, good find! My dirty black truck needs them badly.

Jam handle set up a coupon code “Waterfowler41” 15% off

These aren’t for everyone (Facebook group was a tough crowd) but they make sense and a cheap option to preserve your detail job.

JDogg1

Reaction score
Installed the Putco 92009-18 split blade, really simple install and looks really good.
I just bought these to put on my 2020 Ram. How was it to mount to the tailgate did you use the mounting brackets provided or just tape it to the gate. I’m concerned about the clearance with the brackets. Lastly do you have any pictures of them after install

Thanks,
Jason

PMantle

Reaction score
Don't forget to take a blade and cut out the inside of D ring cover. I almost missed that when flipping through the packaged materials but glad I did it.
I just don't see me ever using those rings. I can't come up with a use for them.

brdima

Reaction score
Cleaned, connected a new bluetooth obd, and enabled my CHMSL camera input for later projects.
are there options out there today to put in the CHMSL camera and view it on the interior screen?

derp

Reaction score
are there options out there today to put in the CHMSL camera and view it on the interior screen?
for the 1500 I am not aware of it, but I'm wrong plenty of times. for me it wasn't even interesting. the additional input for a trailer side cam or other dashcam type source was too sweet to pass up.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought these to put on my 2020 Ram. How was it to mount to the tailgate did you use the mounting brackets provided or just tape it to the gate. I’m concerned about the clearance with the brackets. Lastly do you have any pictures of them after install

Thanks,
Jason

I used the brackets with the tape and centered them off the license plate as there’s some raised plastic that would interfere mounting them out on the ends. There’s a video on the tailgate light bar thread.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jam Handle video
Pretty slick solution to avoid scratching your paint.

Interesting... makes sense to save from leaving fingerprints on the edge (though I have clear edge guard), but do you have protectant behind the holes in the rings? or are your nails eventually going to leave scratches there similar to how they occur in door cups?

Don't forget to take a blade and cut out the inside of D ring cover. I almost missed that when flipping through the packaged materials but glad I did it.

... dude.
Mine were preinstalled at the dealer (so no packaging manual) but I always wondered why there was a molded shape rather than an opening...
can't believe I didnt cut them open yet haha.

that said, as someone else mentioned, not sure when i'd need the D rings, especially since there's none halfway on the back floor; meaning if I wanted to tie something down, I have to go to the other end of the cab.

still, great idea to note down for when you need it (and keep forgetting there's rings and ramboxes down there)

PMantle

Reaction score
Interesting... makes sense to save from leaving fingerprints on the edge (though I have clear edge guard), but do you have protectant behind the holes in the rings? or are your nails eventually going to leave scratches there similar to how they occur in door cups?

... dude.
Mine were preinstalled at the dealer (so no packaging manual) but I always wondered why there was a molded shape rather than an opening...
can't believe I didnt cut them open yet haha.

that said, as someone else mentioned, not sure when i'd need the D rings, especially since there's none halfway on the back floor; meaning if I wanted to tie something down, I have to go to the other end of the cab.

still, great idea to note down for when you need it (and keep forgetting there's rings and ramboxes down there)
I'd like a cut out for the entire RamBin. I plan to use the driver's side one every Sunday.

Xoexpireu

Reaction score
Do you have a picture of yours cut out ? I'm thinking I'm probably never going to use the drings but if it looks better with them cut out I'll do it.

wahudiditagain

Reaction score
Swapped out my tow mirrors for sport mirrors. Managed to find a set of used mirrors for $300 shipped on eBay (no blind spot monitoring - part #s 68276500AG & 68276501AG). It was a straight swap, they plugged straight in with no modules needed. The heat function doesn't work but the adjustment, turn signals and puddle lights work just fine. Special thanks to @kjn86 for the help. I changed these for better visibility - they are way, way better.
20200122_172531_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like a cut out for the entire RamBin. I plan to use the driver's side one every Sunday.

I wonder if scoring the bottom or even a clean cut (bandsaw?) with a flexible hinge of waterproof material (like the strips used for a Tri-Fold cover like Lomax) would keep the floor protection while allowing an easy flip-up that doesn't snap back at you

wahudiditagain

Reaction score
Also installed Luyed LEDs as reverse lights. See this thread for more info, but these are a perfect solution for the need for better reverse lights. I installed one on each side of the trailer hitch and wired them to the trailer wires as the thread discusses. Great improvement over stock!

20200127_164308_HDR.jpg 20200127_183309_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread