5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Duraflap Mudflaps installed tonight. Went with the standard width, extra long.

a1a9f9e55020883787ff81cee0e52b89.jpg
3937ddc8218525432b2a5de5dba891f5.jpg

fc274d1ae4fb0eadd010c750c51a3d45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RickWaz

Reaction score
Just a word of caution when buying the American Flag decal for the back slider - Make sure you get one with 50 stars and 13 stripes. A lot of the flag decals only have 36 stars to make them fit. There are sellers that have 50 stars. I bought mine on eBay.

YIKES!!! :mad: Nice (Bald) Eagle Eye ScottishRAM! (y) I'll be looking for a replacement decal today.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Just bought a bunch of stuff for my truck. If it all arrives this week, I'll be very busy this weekend:

Flowmaster Outlaw Direct Fit Muffler. It's already gone up in price, but got it for $284 with free prime shipping (and 6% Prime Visa cash back). I have a local shop that will install it for $100 cash, and they can either clamp it on the one end or weld it at no additional cost.
View attachment 30930

Gator EFX Soft Roll Tonneau cover. Amazon had it with a $40 Coupon Clip, so only paid $160 with free prime shipping (and 6% Prime Visa cash back). Really psyched to install this. Sure, I wanted a BakFlip MX4, but this was at least $700 cheaper than anyplace else.
View attachment 30931

AVS 21953 Hoodflector Dark Smoke Hood Shield. Once again, Amazon had the lowest price I could find at $45 with free shipping (and 6% cash back). I was on the fence with this or the Mopar or the Weathertech, but at $45, I'll give it a go. It goes on just like the Weathertech. No 3M tape and watching it fly off on the highway. If it doesn't work out, I'll suck it and get the Weathertech. The picture is supposedly a generic image. My research shows that what I'll get will fit the 2019 Ram 1500 DT. If not, then it's going back.
View attachment 30932

Mopar OEM Crew Cab All Weather Slush Mats - $120 on Ebay

Husky Bins and Ratcheting Cargo Bar. Shout out to DSGcobra who did this with his truck, and I think it's genius for the money. With the tonneau cover on, and opening the tailgate, it's like having a small trunk inside the bed.

I'm still searching for lights for the cargo bed. I don't have the bed light kit, and don't want to spend the money and time trying to have it wired up. I'm looking for a battery operated LED light that I can mount to each side of the bed and turn on when I need the light. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Can't wait to get all this stuff on my truck!!
Hey rrbhohies. Any issues installing the AVS Hoodflector or issues after the install? Just asking because I tried to install mine on a day when the temp was ~ 35°F and the tabs were "uncooperative", i.e., difficult to bend and keep under the rubber hood trim, so they kept popping out the supplied fasteners. I've ordered a variety of replacement fasteners and will try again in the Spring when temps are in the 50's or 60's. Thanks.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Hey rrbhohies. Any issues installing the AVS Hoodflector or issues after the install? Just asking because I tried to install mine on a day when the temp was ~ 35°F and the tabs were "uncooperative", i.e., difficult to bend and keep under the rubber hood trim, so they kept popping out the supplied fasteners. I've ordered a variety of replacement fasteners and will try again in the Spring when temps are in the 50's or 60's. Thanks.
Funny you should ask. Not sure it was weather related, but I recommend using two people during installation to help hold the trim in place. And while the fasteners may look like they went in, they probably didn't. It's too hard to explain, but you'll know when they fully snap into place because you can hear and feel it. Also, they are difficult to get them in just right. I broke 2 of the supplied fasteners during installation. I contacted AVS and they were extremely kind and sent me out another package free of charge!! So a big shout out to AVS for their post sales support. Those fasteners are definitely a bugger to get in and stay. However, once they are in, they appear to stay in. And months later, everything looks great! Good Luck.

moparleo51

Reaction score
YIKES!!! :mad: Nice (Bald) Eagle Eye ScottishRAM! (y) I'll be looking for a replacement decal today.
sh*t i`vwe had mine on for about 3 months and never even paid attention to this, now i have to go and buy a new one,thanks ..

fflis

Reaction score
a few questions if you dont mind please ...
1. why did you use revel links with the daystar spacers ... l thought the daystars alone would level the truck ...
2. what is the offset on the wheels ... l dont want the wheels sticking out from under the fender wells and yours look good and tucked under flush ...
:)

1. If you have air ride, you can not install the daystar spacers without also having after market air sensor links.

You can just get the adjustable links from revel or airlinks, but then you are just fully inflating your airbag essentially, which stiffens the ride quite a bit.

Adding the spacer with the links returns the ride to near stock. Hard to say because I did 35 nittos at the same time, so those are a bit stiffer, but I am happy with the ride and it is about 2" higher up front.

2. These are 1 offset. Fuel Nutz 20x9 +1. You basically want a 0 offset wheel. The high negative offset wheels will lead to the tires sticking way out, and ultimately more rubbing.

Last edited:

RickWaz

Reaction score
sh*t i`vwe had mine on for about 3 months and never even paid attention to this, now i have to go and buy a new one,thanks ..
The Ebay link from ScottishRAM
I ordered a replacement a few hours ago.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Below is the link from ScottishRAM. I ordered a replacement decal a few hours ago.

U

User_18177

Thanks! My wife’s friend has a vinyl decal business. She normally does them for yeti cups. I asked her if she could make the roundels for me and she did. I‘ve seen them online at Etsy also.
What are the dimensions of yours? Thanks.

barakutha

Reaction score
Introduced it to the newest member of the pack, and the new chore of taking this non-shedding dog to get groomed every few weeks. Took him a few rides to get used to the Borla exhaust

34f551c7bda42d050de0fc09d83c868b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Mostly dechromed and debadged
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)

RickWaz

Reaction score
Funny you should ask. Not sure it was weather related, but I recommend using two people during installation to help hold the trim in place. And while the fasteners may look like they went in, they probably didn't. It's too hard to explain, but you'll know when they fully snap into place because you can hear and feel it. Also, they are difficult to get them in just right. I broke 2 of the supplied fasteners during installation. I contacted AVS and they were extremely kind and sent me out another package free of charge!! So a big shout out to AVS for their post sales support. Those fasteners are definitely a bugger to get in and stay. However, once they are in, they appear to stay in. And months later, everything looks great! Good Luck.
Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info! I'll have to contact AVS as well because the supplied fasteners were too long and after trimming them would not stay in.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got 18 inch very nice deep tone. Just deleted resonator. What a difference.

How much louder did this make it? I'm looking to do something to add a bit more rumble without going crazy. I do not want drone or it to be too loud to hear people in the cabin while driving.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread