5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Lize

Reaction score
Spent ages reading this thread as not been on the forum for a while.
Love those reversing lights @_StangPGH, thanks for sharing, I've been putting off buying some as I hadn't found any discrete enough and can now look for some like yours.
I re-discovered the buttons on the back of the steering wheel this afternoon as I don't have those on another car and forget them, great feature.

nilsd

Reaction score
Not all today, but in the past few (1) got new Pro X15 cover installed, (2) Removed SPORT decals and (3) snagged a Like New Yakima Ridgeback 4 hitch bike mount at REI garage sale for 65% off.

paulsenjw

Reaction score
Decided on the weathertech floor liners. I like the look and feel but accidentally ordered the quad rear
1f588d1d4cc588ea03129ef3a08021a2.jpg
liner instead of the crew so I’ll have to replace those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulsenjw

Reaction score

rah6887

Reaction score
This light system looks awesome. Can anyone else personally vouch for these over the halogens? Also, will this affect any warranties at all?

I am obviously not anyone else, but I did buy the entire kit, zero issues, and the brightness of the low and high beams are amazing compared to the *yellowy* dim halogens.
The only lights that suck are the reverse lights, not much difference from the originals.
And in my opinion, the map lights are the hardest to replace.
Not sure about potential warranty issues, maybe someone else can answer that.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Today I installed over 50 Sqft of Sound Mat in the doors and rear of the cab and then re-installed my JL Audio C2 6x9"s and the dual 10" JL Audio Subwoofers. Put in a solid 11 hours today to get everything installed and wired up and need 2 or 3 hours tomorrow to button up the loose ends, tune the system to my liking and re-install the rear seats. I did the same install on my 1st truck and found it to be a fun project, installing the same equipment in the same way on this truck, just to get it back to the way I had the 1st one felt like a complete chore. The 2nd time around it was easier though and the install has come out neater and cleaner overall. Just sucks having to waste so much hard labor to get back what you already had completed once. Oh well that is enough bitching and moaning for now and tomorrow or Tuesday I will wrap it up and be done with it.

paulsenjw

Reaction score
I am obviously not anyone else, but I did buy the entire kit, zero issues, and the brightness of the low and high beams are amazing compared to the *yellowy* dim halogens.
The only lights that suck are the reverse lights, not much difference from the originals.
And in my opinion, the map lights are the hardest to replace.
Not sure about potential warranty issues, maybe someone else can answer that.

Thanks for your insight I’m very pumped for the new headlights. Time to save up...

Robertsjut

Reaction score
Today I installed over 50 Sqft of Sound Mat in the doors and rear of the cab and then re-installed my JL Audio C2 6x9"s and the dual 10" JL Audio Subwoofers. Put in a solid 11 hours today to get everything installed and wired up and need 2 or 3 hours tomorrow to button up the loose ends, tune the system to my liking and re-install the rear seats. I did the same install on my 1st truck and found it to be a fun project, installing the same equipment in the same way on this truck, just to get it back to the way I had the 1st one felt like a complete chore. The 2nd time around it was easier though and the install has come out neater and cleaner overall. Just sucks having to waste so much hard labor to get back what you already had completed once. Oh well that is enough bitching and moaning for now and tomorrow or Tuesday I will wrap it up and be done with it.

I would love to see some picture of your subwoofers and the box?

Thanks

Turbo1895

Reaction score
I would love to see some picture of your subwoofers and the box?

Thanks
The box is made by Fox Acoustics and fits perfectly under the rear seat. They have a few other options as well if you wanted to go with a single sub or sealed box. Here is a link to their 5th Gen products:

Attachments

• 20191130_191131.jpg
    20191130_191131.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 20191201_165747.jpg
    20191201_165747.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 20191130_191055.jpg
    20191130_191055.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 151

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I added a magnetic quick connect/disconnect cable to my phone to make using it with CarPlay less annoying. It isn’t the same as true wireless CarPlay but I like it so far. I am going to try and rig some type of mount to make it even easier so that I can quickly drop the phone in/out when getting in the truck. I did a short write-up in another thread. Link below. I’ll also paste link to the cable.

Thread with write-up:

Cable:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread