5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
speaking of lights... can anyone recommend led (type and source) for outside/rear cab?.... I remember seeing a youtube vid somewhere (maybe someone from the forum?) - but I don't think it had specifics.
I have always used VLEDS.com. I used a set of bulbs from them this go around as well as bulbs from LASFIT.com. Spend the money on good led bulbs.

Venom

Reaction score
speaking of lights... can anyone recommend led (type and source) for outside/rear cab?.... I remember seeing a youtube vid somewhere (maybe someone from the forum?) - but I don't think it had specifics.
Velds, headlight revolution, Lasfit I’ve heard are good exterior light I did my interior light with lasfit

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Velds, headlight revolution, Lasfit I’ve heard are good exterior light I did my interior light with lasfit
I remember velds from another platform modding community.... I think I ordered some reverse lights from them years ago... looks like they have 20% off site-wide right now.

Any I'll check them out too... down the rabbit-hole I go :D

rah6887

Reaction score
Added a sub & amp, used a harness from Net Audio that bypasses the ANC, with a LOC wired in. Box is temporary until I can find one that works for a Quad Cab.
20191227_153958.jpg 20191227_155906.jpg 20191228_113403.jpg Screenshot_20191227-172243_Photos.jpg

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I remember velds from another platform modding community.... I think I ordered some reverse lights from them years ago... looks like they have 20% off site-wide right now.

Any I'll check them out too... down the rabbit-hole I go :D
That's what I'm using for my cargo and third brake light.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any rubbing with those bigger tires? That's stock suspension right?
Yeah slight rub at full lock during turns and reverse. I keep saying I have to trim it slightly then I put it off cause I've only rubbed like 3 times in total.

Edit: Forgot to say - yea its stock suspension.

LuvGun

Reaction score
Yeah slight rub at full lock during turns and reverse. I keep saying I have to trim it slightly then I put it off cause I've only rubbed like 3 times in total.

Edit: Forgot to say - yea its stock suspension.
Thanks

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Added a sub & amp, used a harness from Net Audio that bypasses the ANC, with a LOC wired in. Box is temporary until I can find one that works for a Quad Cab.
View attachment 42716 View attachment 42717 View attachment 42718 View attachment 42719
How did you mount the remote amp gain Knob like that? Have the same amp and reinstalling the system tomorrow. Previously I drilled a hole in the side of the console map pocket and mounted it there but I like this idea better!

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Tiny little LED reverse lights. $12 each on Amazon and incrediblely bright. Couldn't see jack behind me with the stock reverse lights. I used the 7 / 5 pin Curt harness. Nice little project.
a7dcc354846510e854a300e7c3df7bb9.jpg
59eaa92431f1a85f04c314d79cdfc1fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
0c9f6c5f914e8e6aae9096122bac674f.jpg

Last edited:

rah6887

Reaction score
How did you mount the remote amp gain Knob like that? Have the same amp and reinstalling the system tomorrow. Previously I drilled a hole in the side of the console map pocket and mounted it there but I like this idea better!
Velcro, didn't want to do any drilling. I also used velcro to secure the amp.
I ziptied the cable under the seat leading up to that spot, which is a very easy place to reach.
Screenshot_20191228-172105_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191228-172128_Gallery.jpg

Turbo1895

Reaction score
Installed the Flow master Outlaw and Hellwig Sway bar and changed out the rear chrome tailgate emblem to a black one today. The truck now sounds like a truck should and handles a lot better. Took the truck on the highway for a quick test drive and it felt a lot tighter and well less sway in the rear while driving at higher speeds. Been reading a lot of hype on the Hellwig and my initial reaction is that the hype appears to be true. Tomorrow will be a big day as I plan on re-installing the speakers and subwoofer and sound deadening doors and rear of the cab, should be a fun one!end

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Link and detailed instructions please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Added a night shot above. There are a lot of DIYs on here for reverse lights / rear light bars. Just to a Google site search something like... Reverse lights site:5thgenrams.com

Here are the Amazon links...

Lights (I used the 3M tape and screws provided to secure)

Harness (don't really need this but didn't want to hack the stock harness). On the 5 pin connector, blue is positive reverse and white is negative.

Solder butt connectors (these are awesome, heat gun on high and solder flows in about 3 seconds and the plastic heat shrinks)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread