5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Mopar wheel to wheel running boards
b57560c163b936748fb41990e425a1da.jpg
77e0cc9122c38bcee70f1e209ec4d5a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tal822

Reaction score
AA6F51CA-C0E3-4822-AF37-E5621BD8C744.jpeg Behind the curtain.... wait a minute! I can’t see S$!t! It’s dark af in here! Who was the smart guy that said “ limo tint all the way around” and who was the even smarter guy that listened?

moving4tomorrow

Reaction score
Had my windows down the other day for the first time and noticed the drivers side front squeak when hitting certain bumps. Also noticed a squeaking sound (like a squeaking belt) but only over 35 mph. Under 35 mph it goes away. Brakes on or off doesn’t seem to change it. Going to the dealer on Monday - they’ll look at it when the do the power steering ground recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I have that sound too hitting road bumps. I took it to the dealership. They re-enacted the sound and came up with supposedly "patching" the inner wheel well covers. The sound came back again as if nothing was done. I have to reschedule again with the dealership so they can stay with the truck as long as possible to get to the bottom of this issue. I'll keep you posted to the verdict.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has been a busy few weeks since I bought my Ram....

1. Had the front windows tinted to match.
2. Changed out all the emblems from chome to black - RAM on grille, doors, tailgate and sport hood
3. Tazer DT
4. Mopar bed divider
5. Removed the front plate mount and installed color keyed bumper plugs
6. Hellwig rear sway
7. Mopar black exhaust tips
8. FabTech 2" leveling kit and alignment
9. Fuel Rebel (D680) 20X9 +1 with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 305/55R20

View attachment 36226

View attachment 36227

View attachment 36228

View attachment 36229

View attachment 36230

Can you share with me where you got the black emblems and tips from and how much/how hard it was?

tal822

Reaction score
From my understanding most tint is cut from the outside, and then applied and adhered to the inside. My question also is are you really putting limo tint on your windshield ?
No limo tint on my windshield. Lol! I’m an idiot but the guys in the pic are trained professionals that wanted to have me committed at the suggestion. Here’s the break down.
5% on the fronts
18% on the rears
5% on the back glass
70% on the windshield ( needed a doctors waiver)

they cut the film to the outside and apply it inside.

U

User_18177

I've never seen someone go darker on the fronts than the rears. Do you have pics?

kjn86

Reaction score
I've never seen someone go darker on the fronts than the rears. Do you have pics?

Should be 18% of the original factor 20% in the rear, right? Something like 3.6% (18% x 20%)? If I understand it properly, going 5% front will effectively match this. It also should be dark enough there is no way to tell the difference between the two.

tal822

Reaction score
Should be 18% of the original factor 20% in the rear, right? Something like 3.6% (18% x 20%)? If I understand it properly, going 5% front will effectively match this. It also should be dark enough there is no way to tell the difference between the two.
Exactly! Will take pics this weekend. Have a lot to install.

Peasey

Reaction score
Added some extra reverse lighting today. Got the idea from BEAST Projects on YouTube. I like the Soundoff Signal lights he used but I have no desire to drill into my bumper. I used the mPower 35* wedge along with the white LED 4" light pod and mounted it to the lower fascia. I think it looks great there! Also since the mPower lights were designed for police use, there's an extra wire for strobe. This will come in handy if I'm on the side of the road to add to the 4-ways. I also took a video of how the strobe looks.

Video in action

View attachment 36400

View attachment 36401

View attachment 36402

View attachment 36403

View attachment 36404

View attachment 36410

View attachment 36405

View attachment 36406
Added some extra reverse lighting today. Got the idea from BEAST Projects on YouTube. I like the Soundoff Signal lights he used but I have no desire to drill into my bumper. I used the mPower 35* wedge along with the white LED 4" light pod and mounted it to the lower fascia. I think it looks great there! Also since the mPower lights were designed for police use, there's an extra wire for strobe. This will come in handy if I'm on the side of the road to add to the 4-ways. I also took a video of how the strobe looks.

Video in action

View attachment 36400

View attachment 36401

View attachment 36402

View attachment 36403

View attachment 36404

View attachment 36410

View attachment 36405

View attachment 36406
Any issue with rear parking sensors with these lights mounted in that location?

Users who are viewing this thread