5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RamKen

Reaction score
5EEEC329-01D0-45B8-A683-FC40E93E6342.jpeg 5BACD37A-F4B9-4231-9485-E3331FD600AC.jpeg 3A39B1FD-9A98-410E-8345-0ED3EBAA53BA.jpeg Recently installed a Truxedo Pro X15 and bought the Seat Armour seat protectors. I didn’t want a permanent seat cover but wanted something to protect my seats when needed.

rnoggle

Reaction score
just ordered a set of those seat armour covers myself. I like the fact that they are basically just large towels and are easily removed to be washed. I currently have a couple of bath towels on my seats to protect them anyway.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
54d59cf2dcf1b771a0f50532676b4c4d.jpg

Second oil change (after the first one at 1500 miles) is due

DIY mess tomorrow should be irritating as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamKen

Reaction score
just ordered a set of those seat armour covers myself. I like the fact that they are basically just large towels and are easily removed to be washed. I currently have a couple of bath towels on my seats to protect them anyway.
I haven’t used mine yet, just slipped them on the passenger seat to see how they fit. I have to get something for the console lid now. By the way I ordered mine from CJ’s Pony Parts. They had the best price and shipping was quick and free.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Did the blacked out ram letters on the grill now I need to find the best/cheapest way to get rid of the chrome bumpers and think it will be done.
6f6eac39fea89865da6f5b8b8b967f87.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased for $29.99 I read that the dip doesn't hold up well on the ram letters.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I hadn’t heard that, but I didn’t feel good about dipping just the letters so I purchased as well and they were waiting for me when I got back from golf today along with the hood bezels. The chrome letters popped off easy?

aametzger

Reaction score
I got my chrome wrapped today. I'm not entirely sure I am in love with the outcome but it is growing on me a little. I have some alterations in mind, specifically the door handles (want body color) and maybe the ram emblem on the sides (Prob order the black ones). I'm going to let some time pass and see how I like it before reversing anything. I was trying to avoid the all blackout chrome as its too common and was trying for something different.

The wrap color is Matte Anodized Bronze, with some gloss black in places (front grille surround, window trim and ram head). I also had the limited and 4x4 emblems debadged.

The truck is kinda dirty, I didn't wash it before I took it there and I can't wash it for 48 hours.

Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_0420.JPEG

IMG_0425.JPEG

IMG_0412.JPEG

IMG_0422.JPEG

Bhew123

Reaction score
I love the look of the matte bronze. Looks great on your truck. I agree with you on the door handles being body color. Also maybe the lower door moldings back to chrome to go with the wheels on that level or body color with the handles. I’m personally not a fan of the RAM on the door so I’d take it off but if you want to leave it then definitely black or body color.

aametzger

Reaction score
I love the look of the matte bronze. Looks great on your truck. I agree with you on the door handles being body color. Also maybe the lower door moldings back to chrome to go with the wheels on that level or body color with the handles. I’m personally not a fan of the RAM on the door so I’d take it off but if you want to leave it then definitely black or body color.

Thanks!
Yea, the side RAM emblems might come off or go black, and I have future plans to get the wheels powder coated wet black, so that should help with leaving the lower door moldings bronze. The door handles need to be dealt with for sure. I think I saw a post where someone swapped them with the painted sport ones. I'm on the fence with the tailgate handle. I have to look at a sport to see if it's painted or black.

Bhew123

Reaction score
Nice! I plan on getting my 22s powder coated gloss black also when I put my 35s on. The tailgate handle is painted.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my chrome wrapped today. I'm not entirely sure I am in love with the outcome but it is growing on me a little. I have some alterations in mind, specifically the door handles (want body color) and maybe the ram emblem on the sides (Prob order the black ones). I'm going to let some time pass and see how I like it before reversing anything. I was trying to avoid the all blackout chrome as its too common and was trying for something different.

The wrap color is Matte Anodized Bronze, with some gloss black in places (front grille surround, window trim and ram head). I also had the limited and 4x4 emblems debadged.

The truck is kinda dirty, I didn't wash it before I took it there and I can't wash it for 48 hours.

Let me know what you guys think.

View attachment 37226

View attachment 37227

View attachment 37228

View attachment 37229
Since you asked, I think it looks terrible. Definitely not my cup of tea. By the sound of it, you’re not too crazy about it either.

Users who are viewing this thread