5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I understand, totally. I traded in a perfectly good 2014 Jeep for a 2017 Jeep...for a 2019 Ram. I am seriously bothered by the tow mirrors above everything else that I find much more minor. Instead of spend $1k+ to upgrade the mirrors when I already paid $500 to "upgrade" to the tow mirrors, I thought instead of spending the money out of my pocket, I may be able to switch mine for a similar one and maybe lose $1-2k in the process, but since it would be in the loan, it would be maybe $20 per month more versus $1,500 out of pocket costs now for the new mirrors. I would have gotten the rear wheel well liners (I installed those myself aftermarket anyway) and the 33 gallon tank if I built it again. The liners and the gas tank are definitely not worth the hassle, but the mirrors just aggravate me enough that I debated trading in the whole truck. The cost wasn't my issue with this honestly. It was the hassle of re-financing, titling, registering, re-insuring and rebuying another truck. If I could have paid them somehow and not had to redo all that, I would have. For all that hassle, I am sure in one or two years they are going to come out with a new Rebel package that I will love that will be worth the effort to trade mine in for, so I will just live with my tow mirrors (which I don't mind, but I feel like I was misled about). I love everything else about the truck, so this is all very petty first world problems as I said!
oh yes, those are fairly minor, i wouldn't of done it for that, lets just say my husband would've made himself a widow if i wanted an upgrade JUST for a handful of minor adds...lol ... But he definitely (as i do) would've felt your pain about those TOW Mirrors..... i got that "feeling misled" part too, that was the initial source of my discontent, not realizing that by getting 4C Radio without NAV, i'd have no themes/no remote possibilities. When i was purchasing the FIRST one, i researched that truck to death! Everything BUT the radio BECAUSE i'd had that SAME radio in my 2016 & 2018 Sport... Had NO IDEA they had split into TWO entities and hobbled the radio WITHOUT Nav! I gave that radio "the finger" every morning when i got in it, it helped a little...lol

Then not having LED's began to wear on me... When i came upon a local dealer willing to order the EXACT truck i wanted with zero deposit and my name on window sticker, i was like, (to myself : ) "sure, no obligation, i'll take a look at it when it comes in and go from there"... THEN, since i knew a truck was coming in i MIGHT be interested in, i thought, "hmmmm, i should search every other truck OUT THERE jusssst in case i DO decide to upgrade, is the EXACT same truck i have but just with 5 options/upgrades REALLY the only way to go?!" So like i said earlier, after searching every single truck/deal/option out there, (you talk about a First World problem rabbit hole....in so deep i could see China...lol) i looked at about 5 REAL contenders, got OTD pricing on each, and in the end, when i went and saw the one that came in i had ordered yesterday, BOTH me and my husband stopped "dead in our tracks" and were like, "where do we sign"??!! (i mean, i negotiated an add'l $1300 off price, but THEN i was like, "where do we sign?!" lol

and the part you say that was the hassle to me is the easiest part.... we just sign, they register, one call to Geico and I'M Done...(not trying to talk ya into it or anything : )

Last edited:

TBK

Reaction score
Is that the clear wide adhesive plastic like they protect carpet walkways during a new home show so thousands can walk thru and not damage it?

Thanks I will definitely do that before my big trip to the Grand Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure how you could go from an already bought 19 to another new 19 without losing thousands, just the sales tax and licensing would stop me.

I do totally get the upset with the mirrors, wanting the led’s and the useless 4c radio thing. Thats enough justification to trade off. If only one of those then nope, like he said, wait a couple years for the updated Rebel (maybe with a variant of the hellcat engine)... FCA will want to counter the Ford Raptor soon anyway.
Like the hemi/more hp thread is saying, it’s about time they upgunned the venerable ol’ hemi some. I’d like to see 425-450 hp at least, should be doable by 2021. They have the motor already, its just the CAFE standards, though I thought those had been loosened up now.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
79c8a81f63ef76d24fb90025275dc9fc.jpg

Parking garage shots ;)

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
I've had my Limited for a week now and I absolutely love this truck. The LED lighting is amazing but I can't believe FCA cheaped out on the 3rd brake/bed light array. All of it is still halogen. I took care of that yesterday. It looks way better now and the bed lights match the factory ones by the tailgate.
Is this as easy as it sounds.? Unscrew a few bolts and swap bulbs? Did u have to disconnect the battery neg before disconnecting anything? Does the whole unit just slide out?

WasatchBack

Reaction score
-Polished and ceramic coated 3 panels and front bumper which was xpel'd this week.
-Installed Mopar deflector (pita clips)
-Debadged doors and tailgate emblems.

Tomorrow to replace rams head, front letters w black. Hopefully install wheels/ tires if weather holds out.

Attachments

• IMG_20190601_170415.jpg
    IMG_20190601_170415.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20190601_170353.jpg
    IMG_20190601_170353.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20190601_170339.jpg
    IMG_20190601_170339.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 94

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OEM Bed Side-Step & Bed Utility rails this weekend.
I've been sitting on step for over a month and knew I had to get it done.

View attachment 27033 View attachment 27034
I have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust with 5" diameter tips that stay large diameter longer than stock on my Rebel. Does the Mopar step look like it will clear a larger tip like mine throughout its movement range? Is yours the newer Mopar redesigned unit? Who has best price? Thanks!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Parking garage shots ;)

Not sure how you could go from an already bought 19 to another new 19 without losing thousands, just the sales tax and licensing would stop me.....

Oh, i lost "thousands" for sure, but i put a "higher price" on my sanity, and it was driving me crazy to be so in love with a truck and at the same exact time not having it EXACTLY as i should have gotten it in the first place... But when i was looking the FIRST time, within a 500 mile radius there just wasn't a truck spec'ed out like the one i FINALLY got yesterday, and initially i was sooooo impressed with the truck i thought i wouldn't miss those things.... but i was wrong! And like i mentioned in an earlier post, because i extended out the financing due to my credit union giving me an amazing rate, my payment is actually $140 cheaper each month with the new truck... (longer term, but cheaper EACH month : ) : )

And also with the really great discounts & rebates, & me holding them to the maximum value of my trade in (only had 4200 miles : ) and my hostage-type negotiating skills, i feel i came out ok in the end because i have the EXACT truck i wanted & i'm SANE again : )

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust with 5" diameter tips that stay large diameter longer than stock on my Rebel. Does the Mopar step look like it will clear a larger tip like mine throughout its movement range? Is yours the newer Mopar redesigned unit? Who has best price? Thanks!

when i first got my i had the "borla atak"put on with the bigger and longer tips(5"),but when i tried and put the "step" i wouldnt clear the bigger longer tips.but my step was a "Mopar"not sure if it makes a difference.but thats what happen to me.others had success,but not sure if they have what we have.."5in dia and length.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did I do today? Plunked down a grand (50 percent) on my ordered Leer 180xr truck cap. I'll post some pics up when I get it. There were a couple of options I was going to order - keyless entry, primarily - but I didn't like the idea of these guys tapping into my wiring. If I skipped the keyless entry and got the battery powered 12v light, they were able to do the install with a harness that installs in between the tow harness, thus no cutting wires. If I got the other stuff they would have to tap wires under the kick panel and run a hot wire back from the battery, since they said the new Rams don't have a constant hot wire available back there. So between that and them saying they'd probably have to drill at least one or two access holes for running wiring, I decided to go simple and clean with the wiring harness.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
when i first got my i had the "borla atak"put on with the bigger and longer tips(5"),but when i tried and put the "step" i wouldnt clear the bigger longer tips.but my step was a "Mopar"not sure if it makes a difference.but thats what happen to me.others had success,but not sure if they have what we have.."5in dia and length.
I have the magnaflow and the bed step and mine works. I’ve heard of a couple of people who said there’s interfered some but mine does not really. It will bump into the exhaust if I let the step slam back in when I retract it. Doesn’t hit on it any other time.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn't the current unit a redesigned Mopar step? I wonder if that mechanism has more clearance now than original design step. If it did hit it, does it just brush it and still open and close or is it a total block of operation?

mike12193

Reaction score
Isn't the current unit a redesigned Mopar step? I wonder if that mechanism has more clearance now than original design step. If it did hit it, does it just brush it and still open and close or is it a total block of operation?

With my step and the magnaflow cat-back it worked but it made contact. If you let the step retract on it own it was pretty violent with a loud back against the side of the tailpipe.

Users who are viewing this thread