5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BlckDT

Reaction score
Installed the AVS window vents and Weathertech mudflaps. Also tried to install an AVS Bug Deflector but decided to return it due to scratches and scuffs.

Do you have a pick of how the AVS window vents look? Also, how well do you feel they will hold up? In-Channel? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger but I was always a WeatherTech person, and they don't have the 19' WeatherTech window vents yet.

Glenn54

Reaction score
I have always used the stick on AVS window vents. I think they look good and will be glad to a picture if you still want one. I don't like the idea of having something in the window channel. I'm afraid it would mess up the seal.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at mine and considered moving it so I could drive my Miata, which hasn't been run in about 3 weeks. But it looked like rain and I didn't have the top up, so I did nothing and drove my other car. Which was fortuitous since it rained on the way in :D .

Am about to get a truck cap on mine. I think I'm ordering it this weekend. The Leer 100XR model. I have a love/hate relationship with caps but I'm just getting tired of trying to pile table saws and chop saws in the back seat when it's about to rain or when I want to stop off and get some lunch without coming out and seeing all my crap gone.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
TRADED IT (again : ) The first 2019 we traded for a 2019 4x4 (husbands) ..... Our second one (mine AKA Black Beauty i traded today. The order came in, took 32 days from order to delivery and i was lollygagging back & forth between my custom order & a white/black rebel with options up the wazoo, but in the end i drove home Black Beauty The Sequel THE REVENGE : )

Here's First one:

Here's BB2:

that RAMBOX® is the most funnest option i ever had, and so useful...and when its up it looks like a batwing....lol

Last edited:

Glenn54

Reaction score
Update: Auto Ventshade requested pictures, etc. They agreed to send a new AVS Bug Deflector to me and asked I recycle the old one. If anyone in my area, East Texas would like a free bug shield, you're welcome to to have the one with scuffs, free. It's really not bad.

Installed the AVS window vents and Weathertech mudflaps. Also tried to install an AVS Bug Deflector but decided to return it due to scratches and scuffs.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TRADED IT (again : ) The first 2019 we traded for a 2019 4x4 (husbands) ..... Our second one (mine AKA Black Beauty i traded today. The order came in, took 32 days from order to delivery and i was lollygagging back & forth between my custom order & a white/black rebel with options up the wazoo, but in the end i drove home Black Beauty The Sequel THE REVENGE : )

Here's First one:
View attachment 26907

Here's BBll:

View attachment 26908

View attachment 26909

that RAMBOX is the most funnest option i ever had, and so useful...and when its up it looks like a batwing....lol

View attachment 26910

What are the different options you chose? What made you want to trade out so fast, was the hit bad?

CTrainDVM

Reaction score
Had my 2019 Rebel for a week now! Got a spray in bed liner done by a local shop and put a rubber mat in the bed. Swapped air filter for K&N. Swapped the stock muffler out with a Cherry Bomb Xtreme. Great sounds start up and when accelerating . Drone is almost non-existent. I have a Truxedo tonneau cover coming in next week

Attachments

• 9BEB4EF8-C3C2-45F8-AC5A-03C4FCB178BF.jpeg
    9BEB4EF8-C3C2-45F8-AC5A-03C4FCB178BF.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 101

kjn86

Reaction score

Here's First one:
View attachment 26907

Here's BBll:

View attachment 26908

View attachment 26909

that RAMBOX is the most funnest option i ever had, and so useful...and when its up it looks like a batwing....lol

View attachment 26910

I am both simultaneously shocked and impressed by all the moves to get to the truck you want! I debated trading mine in for a new one with very minor changes too and really felt bad I was so far down the "first world problems" rabbit hole that I got it out of my mind. Your local vehicle registration office has to be thinking you are playing a joke on them at this point!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
What are the different options you chose? What made you want to trade out so fast, was the hit bad?

Here are the 5 options/reasons i upgraded:
#1 Mine sitting next to hubs on driveway with his LED's EVERYDAY made me begin to hate "the look" of the front of mine with the halogens. Plus the taillights with the black ring & black covers look much sleeker to me : )

NOW they are truly symbiotic : )

#2 Its no secret HOW 'bamboozled" i felt AFTER purchasing that having a radio without NAV hence not having ANY remote features thru Guardian...
#3 When we were on the lot trading hub's for a 4x4 and i saw the newly designed 2019 RAMBOX up front & personal, i wanted them soooo bad : )
#4 Pano Roof (while AT FIRST didn't impress me much : ) became a "must have for me" once my hub got it in his 4x4
#5 i missed Blind Spot monitoring MORE than i thought i would (i had it in my from my Genesis G80)

The "hit" if you do the math would prolly cause most to say, "i don't have to have the upgrade & not do it"....But our credit union gave us a great rate for going 84 months, so in the "short term if you you are a payment shopper (which i never was BUT became one yesterday : ) had payment go from $802.00 to $640.00 (so i easily rationalized "WORTH it!" : )

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I am both simultaneously shocked and impressed by all the moves to get to the truck you want! I debated trading mine in for a new one with very minor changes too and really felt bad I was so far down the "first world problems" rabbit hole that I got it out of my mind. Your local vehicle registration office has to be thinking you are playing a joke on them at this point!

lol...Honestly is has been quite a journey AND i am sure you can't imagine one one/trillioneth of what i put myself, my husband & about 10 dealers thru...lol BUT at the end of my rainbow was my absolute "perfect truck" and i know this becuz i have had 15 RAMS and none of them have EVER ticked "every single box" for me like this one (NOR had my name on the window sticker : )

And there were many days i felt like "first world problem smacking myself"...many times i just said, i'll just keep her, she's awesome".....when i first bought her, she was the ONLY Blk Appear Pkge 3.92 geared Alpine Equip Group 2 within a 200 mile radius i could find... .BUT while i was absolutely thrilled EVERY DAY driving Black Beauty The First, (as my zillion posts in here about her can attest to : ) i was haunted on a daily basis as well by all the things she could have BUT DIDN'T ("for just a few dollars more" as the saying goes just played in my head constantly...lol : ) And once i decided to extend my loan term and payment dropped $150 to upgrade, it really was a "no brainer" for this nutcase...lol

AND btw, Pano/Blind Spot/LED's/ NAV & RAMBOX are not MINOR! grrrr! lol j/k : ) Curious what "minor" changes you'd make if you did upgrade?! Or do we want to not even go down that rabbit hole again by giving details & getting the "upgrade juices " flowing again"? if not, i so get it : )

Last edited:

tonyplants

Reaction score
Installed Dawn Enterprise's Door Edge Guards. Charcoal color matches Granite Crystal nicely.
"SlimLine Door Edge Guard; 16' Roll - 3/8” Wide, 1/8” Thick / DGAR16-HG
- Extruded Molding Color: 40 | Charcoal"

Attachments

• 20190601_075320.jpg
    20190601_075320.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 20190601_075339.jpg
    20190601_075339.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 20190601_075403.jpg
    20190601_075403.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 164

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did a few more mods. Volunteer firefighter lights go in today or tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Attachments

• 12V Acess.JPG
    12V Acess.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Flaming Skull.JPG
    Flaming Skull.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Thin Red Line.JPG
    Thin Red Line.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Siren Side.JPG
    Siren Side.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Siren Top.JPG
    Siren Top.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 141

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
....Your local vehicle registration office has to be thinking you are playing a joke on them at this point!

lol YES!! i put my local motor vehicle Registration Office.... AND my bank....AND my insurance company all on Speed Dial to quicken the process for future...lol j/k SHE is the one for me, asides from all the other features she NOW has that is bringing me to the moon AND back again, THIS below is BY FAR is "the clincher" : )

Remote Starting Truck From Apple Watch:

Last edited:

Lize

Reaction score
lol YES!! i put my local motor vehicle Registration Office.... AND my bank....AND my insurance company all on Speed Dial to quicken the process for future...lol j/k SHE is the one for me, asides from all the other features she NOW has that is bringing me to the moon AND back again, THIS below is BY FAR is "the clincher" : )
Glad you are pleased :)
Can't remember if mine has remote start, will see when it gets here, might have to start wearing my Apple Watch again!

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Glad you are pleased :)
Can't remember if mine has remote start, will see when it gets here, might have to start wearing my Apple Watch again!

UNLESS its different in UK, ALL 12" Uconnects come with "remote operation" ability. I had it in my 2016 Laramie BUT at that time i didn't have an Apple Watch so didn't really use that function... But NOW,...."whole 'nother story" : )

i mean the 30-60 second delay seems like a "long wait" IF ur just standing NEXT to it... But if ur not yet out and you're getting ready and you just use your watch instead of hunting for your phone or key fob to either "heat it up/cool it down", having watch ap is invaluable : )

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That explains why it looks so awesome
Gorgeous! I’d have taken black if someone else took care of it. The (yellow) pollen here in NC is murder on black finishes (as far as showing up that is)...

kjn86

Reaction score
lol...Honestly is has been quite a journey AND i am sure you can't imagine one one/trillioneth of what i put myself, my husband & about 10 dealers thru...lol BUT at the end of my rainbow was my absolute "perfect truck" and i know this becuz i have had 15 RAMS and none of them have EVER ticked "every single box" for me like this one (NOR had my name on the window sticker : )

And there were many days i felt like "first world problem smacking myself"...many times i just said, i'll just keep her, she's awesome".....when i first bought her, she was the ONLY Blk Appear Pkge 3.92 geared Alpine Equip Group 2 within a 200 mile radius i could find... .BUT while i was absolutely thrilled EVERY DAY driving Black Beauty The First, (as my zillion posts in here about her can attest to : ) i was haunted on a daily basis as well by all the things she could have BUT DIDN'T ("for just a few dollars more" as the saying goes just played in my head constantly...lol : ) And once i decided to extend my loan term and payment dropped $150 to upgrade, it really was a "no brainer" for this nutcase...lol

AND btw, Pano/Blind Spot/LED's/ NAV & RAMBOX are not MINOR! grrrr! lol j/k : ) Curious what "minor" changes you'd make if you did upgrade?! Or do we want to not even go down that rabbit hole again by giving details & getting the "upgrade juices " flowing again"? if not, i so get it : )
I understand, totally. I traded in a perfectly good 2014 Jeep for a 2017 Jeep...for a 2019 Ram. I am seriously bothered by the tow mirrors above everything else that I find much more minor. Instead of spend $1k+ to upgrade the mirrors when I already paid $500 to "upgrade" to the tow mirrors, I thought instead of spending the money out of my pocket, I may be able to switch mine for a similar one and maybe lose $1-2k in the process, but since it would be in the loan, it would be maybe $20 per month more versus $1,500 out of pocket costs now for the new mirrors. I would have gotten the rear wheel well liners (I installed those myself aftermarket anyway) and the 33 gallon tank if I built it again. The liners and the gas tank are definitely not worth the hassle, but the mirrors just aggravate me enough that I debated trading in the whole truck. The cost wasn't my issue with this honestly. It was the hassle of re-financing, titling, registering, re-insuring and rebuying another truck. If I could have paid them somehow and not had to redo all that, I would have. For all that hassle, I am sure in one or two years they are going to come out with a new Rebel package that I will love that will be worth the effort to trade mine in for, so I will just live with my tow mirrors (which I don't mind, but I feel like I was misled about). I love everything else about the truck, so this is all very petty first world problems as I said!

Users who are viewing this thread