5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am only looking to better understand since I have never used or even thought of using a bed rug in any truck I have ever owned. Why a bed rug and not a Line-X spray in liner? I know the bed rug is far better than a plastic drop-in liner but what is the benefit to the bed rug besides being cheaper?

I have the factory spray in liner and am going to add the Bedrug XLT (which is just the bottom of the bed and the tailgate). I’m adding it so that when I put things like my son’s stroller in or my wife’s nice luggage it doesn’t get all scratched up on the spray in liner. As an added bonus it is easier on my offshore fishing rods and should be able to slide my yeti cooler in and out better. With the rubber feet on it it just plain doesn’t move on the spray in liner. I have to climb up and lift and move it.

schwegel89

Reaction score
I've had no trouble with either brand. It may be that it comes down to the skill of the installer.

That is true. Thank you. I’m going to call a local installer and get a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I have the factory spray in liner and am going to add the Bedrug XLT (which is just the bottom of the bed and the tailgate). I’m adding it so that when I put things like my son’s stroller in or my wife’s nice luggage it doesn’t get all scratched up on the spray in liner. As an added bonus it is easier on my offshore fishing rods and should be able to slide my yeti cooler in and out better. With the rubber feet on it it just plain doesn’t move on the spray in liner. I have to climb up and lift and move it.
How does the tailgate portion attach? I thought the bedrug needed a flat surface to attach.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Totally forgot about the plastic liners destroying the paint on the inside of the bed. Yea, I’m going to bite the bullet and get Line-X. I heard Line-C is a better brand than Rhino Liner now. Is that true?

I’m more than happy with Rhino Liner’s quality, but Line X seems just as good. If anything the Line X truck I saw was finished a little smoother as is the factory spray in, compared to Rhino. I’ve scraped my knuckles pretty good a couple times. working in the bed of my truck.

MDBumblebee

Reaction score
I am only looking to better understand since I have never used or even thought of using a bed rug in any truck I have ever owned. Why a bed rug and not a Line-X spray in liner? I know the bed rug is far better than a plastic drop-in liner but what is the benefit to the bed rug besides being cheaper?
One was cost. My dealer quoted $499 for a spray-in liner vs $325 for the bedrug thru Lucas @ truckalterations. Second was that you can remove the bedrug when you sell/trade the truck; not all are fans of the spray. Third is that the bedrug is padded so it's easier on the knees - you could comfortably sleep back there if you had the mind.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My understanding is that Rhino Liner's are a COLD spray and Line-X is a HOT spray and the Line-X is a smoother finish. I agree they are both good but I have been told by many over the years that Line-X is the better way to go. I would think that they'd both be similar in price.

schwegel89

Reaction score
On average, how much can one expect to pay for a Line-Xbed liner?

I believe the starting price is $475 and can go up to $700. They have the standard, premium, and the highest quality one.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Captured this.

Front end Friday. Hope you all have a great and safe one.

21900c3721e910d401a477ce20406155.jpg

Briencrotty

Reaction score
Totally forgot about the plastic liners destroying the paint on the inside of the bed. Yea, I’m going to bite the bullet and get Line-X. I heard Line-C is a better brand than Rhino Liner now. Is that true?

I've definitely had better luck with Line-X over the years, but a lot of it comes down to who applies it, and how thickly/well they apply it.

B

Users who are viewing this thread