5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my Pedal Commander today from the Group Buy opportunity. Took a whopping 5 minutes to install and chose to not permanently mount it but keep it available for grabs in my side console. Tried CITY and was too tame for my liking but still a big difference over stock. Popped it into SPORT and was smiling bigly. Was a tad to sensitive so backed it down to SPORT -3 and will play with and tweak to my liking from there. Bluetooth option works great if you want to hide it and control it from your phone app. HUGE improvement over stock throttle response and highly recommend:D
View attachment 22768 View attachment 22769 View attachment 22770
hey thats where i keep my ;)

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed a Lomax cover and a glass screen protector for the 12 inch display.

New Ltd owner. Is the glass screen protector for what? I mean its not like a phone that can be dropped... Obviously you had a good reason for it, please let me know.

Signed,
“Am I stoopid for not having a glass screen protector”?

Creep0321

Reaction score
New Ltd owner. Is the glass screen protector for what? I mean its not like a phone that can be dropped... Obviously you had a good reason for it, please let me know.

Signed,
“Am I stoopid for not having a glass screen protector”?
I have one as well, yes it’s not a phone and I don’t think I will drop it haha. However, it’s helps with fingerprints, accidental scratches (keys/kids etc...) for 13$ I am all about it.

mkel2010

Reaction score

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dropped the truck off at the detailer this morning for a good clay barring and wax. After that’s done I’ll install the OEM matte black hood deflector which is sitting in the garage. Truck’s only a few months old, but wanted start off with a nice smooth finish. I’ll post a pic or two when it’s all done.

U

User_6565

Picked up Diamondback HD cover from FedEx Freight. Guy loaded it right into the bed and off I went. Install took me little over an hour because I did it myself and I'm short. A second person would make it easier. No drilling. Fit perfectly first try. For those that don't know about this top: both panels lock. it makes bed waterproof. it will hold 1600 lbs on top. you can add mounts to it like racks and a RTT. its double coated with Line-X that has UV coat. I've seem interior mods where folks add brackets to hold shovels, axes, hi-lift jacks etc... Its rock solid. Gas shocks make opening easy. And the panels are easily removed - one or both. And if you need to take the whole thing off - Two people would make the whole take off less than 10 min job - unscrewing the clamp nuts would take most time. Up next: Will add Mopar Cargo bed divider this weekend. The top and internal stainless steel locking bars or clamps don't interfere with the cargo rails. Then Frontrunner rack tracks, mounts and rack followed by RTT.

I put the same one on my truck and am *strongly* considering the FrontRunner tracks with crossbars or the Slimline II rack. I'm thinking the crossbars would be sufficient but......<shrug>

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
I put the same one on my truck and am *strongly* considering the FrontRunner tracks with crossbars or the Slimline II rack. I'm thinking the crossbars would be sufficient but......<shrug>
I was wondering: Frontrunner Slimline vs Frontrunner Crossbars. The latter much cheaper. LastlineofDefense has the latter set up right now.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dropped the truck off at the detailer this morning for a good clay barring and wax. After that’s done I’ll install the OEM matte black hood deflector which is sitting in the garage. Truck’s only a few months old, but wanted start off with a nice smooth finish. I’ll post a pic or two when it’s all done.

How much does the clay bar and wax cost? I have an ivory exterior, so not as bad as black for showing yet still could be protected. Thanks

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
Hey just got off the phone with Frontrunner. The solution LastlineofDefense came up with is a custom mod that Frontrunner won't warranty right now. Some of the parts don't show up on the website i.e the feet and legs that connect with the track. You've have to provide photos of your cover, exact measurements and what your specs are. The feet leg combo LastlineofDefense uses is 7.5 inches high. So when you start to factor things like the rail thickness, the mount bar the a t RTT has, the 2.5 inches of the DB HD cover and then a tent - it pushes the total height higher than to highest point of the Sat Antenna Shark fin on the roof - which is my limit. So now Im just looking at the Frontrunner Quick release RTT mounts instead.

U

User_6565

Hey just got off the phone with Frontrunner. The solution LastlineofDefense came up with is a custom mod that Frontrunner won't warranty right now. Some of the parts don't show up on the website i.e the feet and legs that connect with the track. You've have to provide photos of your cover, exact measurements and what your specs are. The feet leg combo LastlineofDefense uses is 7.5 inches high. So when you start to factor things like the rail thickness, the mount bar the a t RTT has, the 2.5 inches of the DB HD cover and then a tent - it pushes the total height higher than to highest point of the Sat Antenna Shark fin on the roof - which is my limit. So now Im just looking at the Frontrunner Quick release RTT mounts instead.

Hmmm, I don't want it to go too high. I have also been considering the same RTT (iKamer X-Cover) that Mike (LLOD) has, and I like the height profile above the cover. If that puts it well above the height of the cab, I'd be less interested.
Those quick release mounts are nice, but I think you have to have the slimline (or 4 crossbars) in order for it to hook in correctly.

The only other option I've seen is by Max-Modular (by KBVoodoo fabricators) but it doesn't look quite as clean and is also somewhat higher than I think I'd like.

Users who are viewing this thread