5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Kingkeller50

Reaction score
6cdca4dc545119f656acd2f77133caa0.jpg

Got the bed cover on. What is the best bed rug y’all are using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Love the black and chrome look! Too many people are going for the blackout look with black wheels and you just can’t beat the classic black and chrome look! Nicely done sir

I agree. There is a fine line in the balance.

Chrome tow hooks are next then it’s done

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Got the bed cover on. What is the best bed rug y’all are using ?

Got a line-x with this Truck, but used to have a full bed tread (made by bed rug) and it was great. Looks like a spray in, but removable and had more padding than a spray in.

Looks like they only sell the mat now and not the full one.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Klicht87

Reaction score
Love the black and chrome look! Too many people are going for the blackout look with black wheels and you just can’t beat the classic black and chrome look! Nicely done sir 👍🏻
I agree...I'm usually not a fan of chrome but I do like it on black. I have the midnight package on the bright white paint job. The wheels just blend into themselves and they just look like a black blurr---if that makes sense.

Haulindogs

Reaction score
The tint shop I plan to use mentioned this as an issue as well. BUT he said he would and could do it but could not discount the price due to the extra precautions/work involved. He is "discounting" all the other tint 15%. If you really want it done someone will do it!

Hay guys, I’m wanting to do a 50% on my front windshield. Is the water issue from the installation or condensation? I saw a BMW done in 50% front tint and it looked great.

Haulindogs

Reaction score
I recently moved to NC and don’t know anyone here. I’m living in a RV at Rockingham Drag Strip for now. My van was totaled in June so I had to go out and pay near sticker price for my 2021 Ram 1500. The limited selection has kind of driven me (p me off) to build the truck I always wanted. I think I will do a build thread for anyone interested but I thought I would post some of the updates here. I appreciate this forum and all the information shared here. And thankful for anyone inputs or recommendations.
I started with the front bumper. I wanted clearance for tires and terrain and a little extra light up front. I decided on a Barricade Extreme HD with RC LED light bar and fog lights. The dealership service manager had agreed to install my aftermarket accessories but hosed me when I started trying to schedule installs, so I spread out my cardboard on the grass and I installed everything myself. I love turning a wrench but between rain showers and lost hardware in the grass and packing materials I managed to get it done.

ed93b05994f693ca6cfca58d21f7f0f4.jpg

ffe59aa2933fcf52d9ae60fb65bb44be.jpg

5381bc9f6c23eb814e6774c3ce0055e4.jpg

WReckeR

Reaction score
Broke 500 miles and wiped it down

374ce3e474b5e8601f21a50de73a6ce1.jpg

f5636d33b027d5938b10b2d8bc768e1f.jpg

A neighbor of mine bought an Indian FTR in 2020. He turned around this year, when vehicle prices started climbing due to supply disruptions, and sold it for $5000 more. Crazy times. That's a non-traditional bike form my taste, but I love it. It's a huge head turner in person. I love the 2020 with the red frame and swingarm.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I recently moved to NC and don’t know anyone here. I’m living in a RV at Rockingham Drag Strip for now. My van was totaled in June so I had to go out and pay near sticker price for my 2021 Ram 1500. The limited selection has kind of driven me (p me off) to build the truck I always wanted. I think I will do a build thread for anyone interested but I thought I would post some of the updates here. I appreciate this forum and all the information shared here. And thankful for anyone inputs or recommendations.
I started with the front bumper. I wanted clearance for tires and terrain and a little extra light up front. I decided on a Barricade Extreme HD with RC LED light bar and fog lights. The dealership service manager had agreed to install my aftermarket accessories but hosed me when I started trying to schedule installs, so I spread out my cardboard on the grass and I installed everything myself. I love turning a wrench but between rain showers and lost hardware in the grass and packing materials I managed to get it done.

ed93b05994f693ca6cfca58d21f7f0f4.jpg

ffe59aa2933fcf52d9ae60fb65bb44be.jpg

5381bc9f6c23eb814e6774c3ce0055e4.jpg

Totaled van, living at a drag strip (!!), DIY guy not afraid to take off a bumper in a field or parking lot...I'm guessing you have some good stories.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Hay guys, I’m wanting to do a 50% on my front windshield. Is the water issue from the installation or condensation? I saw a BMW done in 50% front tint and it looked great.

Water running down the windshield during installation. If you try and shove something down in there to block it, we'll then it's difficult to tint the whole thing/bottom correctly. It can and has been done obviously, just takes extreme care from the installer.

I'm all for it when it's clear to around 70%, but drive around with your sunglasses on at night and see if you can live with it. That's a little extreme of an example, but 50 is pretty dark and it's not cheap to redo.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Quick easy mod, found this at Oriely for 10 bucks for a 20ft roll. Measured, cut, rounded the corners, prepped with alcohol, and stuck it. Adhesive is very strong, get it right the first time.

After a couple years, this is where the majority of scratches were.

This stuff is great, not that 80 grit sandpaper crap. Feels like a bedliner. Don't think I'd buy it for grip, but for this application, it'll work great.

0eb94abd70f213443924cb3eb9cbcdf8.jpg

6fc758a8df215abd48508f29755e6c75.jpg
59cbf490e1da4cfcab5b0fbd1309194a.jpg

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
A neighbor of mine bought an Indian FTR in 2020. He turned around this year, when vehicle prices started climbing due to supply disruptions, and sold it for $5000 more. Crazy times. That's a non-traditional bike form my taste, but I love it. It's a huge head turner in person. I love the 2020 with the red frame and swingarm.

Yeah it’s not for everyone. But ticks all my boxes. It’s a tight mountain road killer. Just ordered another one for my wife.

Will be interesting to see how the progressive springs in the truck hold the weight of both bikes in the back.

gwatt86

Reaction score
Fahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NPMV1H5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_shareFahren H11/H9/H8 LED Headlight... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07NPMV1H5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Those are the bulbs I used!
Adjusting them was simple. Just made sure the LEDs were facing out at 9 & 3 o'clock. Aiming them was just a screwdriver to turn the adjustment screw on the back of the headlight housing!

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
I bought these lights and got them in today. I'm planning to install tonight but I'm curious where you placed the drive component? They provided zip ties and double sided tape but it seems like I'll have to stuff it in the light housing since you can't get the dust cover on with a cable hanging out.

U

User_76295

I bought these lights and got them in today. I'm planning to install tonight but I'm curious where you placed the drive component? They provided zip ties and double sided tape but it seems like I'll have to stuff it in the light housing since you can't get the dust cover on with a cable hanging out.
I got everything in the housing

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another trip, this time just the one motorcycle is going. I'm going down to Greer SC to BMW to compete for a spot on Team USA...me and 50 other people duking it out for a spot on the 3-man team representing USA in Albania next September against 25 other countries. 1100 miles each way for 2 days of competition.

[IMG]

brenan00

Reaction score
Another trip, this time just the one motorcycle is going. I'm going down to Greer SC to BMW to compete for a spot on Team USA...me and 50 other people duking it out for a spot on the 3-man team representing USA in Albania next September against 25 other countries. 1100 miles each way for 2 days of competition.

[IMG]
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread