5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

thos.hargrove

Reaction score
Here are the lug nuts I bought that were recommended by someone here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143905797831
Here are the wheel locks I used also that were recommended here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QB59DY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_HT4Q63SDX2HNMJ1K534Q?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The feel of it is sooo much better with the way the outside of it is shaped to let your fingers grip it better. It does look a ton better, too.
I installed the same lug nuts. Good quality and it really improves the look of the truck.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought this truck to haul motorcycles around and that's what I continue to do:
HuPm6uR.jpeg
jAjpInK.jpeg

The dog came along as well:
BEofKP2.jpeg
NXIjJc1.jpeg

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Added a "full size" spare.

Back story: I was visiting family last weekend about 100 miles from home. Sunday morning I woke up to a flat rear tire. Got my spare put on, but it was the 245/70r18 temporary use only spare. Long story short I didn't want to drive all the way home on it in the rain so I found a shop that was open and waited several hours to get my tire repaired. This weekend I replaced the temporary spare with a close to full size. I reused the wheel and put a 265/70r18 tire on it. It measures 32.6 inches. I have the stock Bridgestone 32 inch tires now and I plan to move up to 33's on my next set so I figured this size would work for both in a pinch.

View attachment 101608
I ditched my temporary spare as well for a real tire, much more peace of mind. I put the spare back as you did with the valve stem exposed for easy access. Then paranoia set in and flipped it back over, I pictured an off road senario where the stem could get damaged

WReckeR

Reaction score
I bought this truck to haul motorcycles around and that's what I continue to do:
HuPm6uR.jpeg
jAjpInK.jpeg

The dog came along as well:
BEofKP2.jpeg
NXIjJc1.jpeg
Adam,

Is that the 5'7" bed or the 6'4"? I can't tell, but it looks like the shorter? I'd like to see the Husky fully strapped. I have a Yamaha WR250R. I've never strapped up with the kickstand down, nor have I gone diagonally. Consequently, I always have to leave my tailgate open. If I could do it and close the gate, surely that'd be better. However, I have wooden ramps (one for the bike, one to walk beside) and I'd have to lift them to sit on top of the gate if I closed it.

Man, that's a lot of dog hair!

WReckeR

Reaction score
4 inch BDS lift went on Friday. I think I'm done with this build...maybe...LOL.
Yeah, I think 4" is the right height. Mopar has a 2" that keeps the warranty. Do you lose warranty?
What are other disadvantages? Does a lift hurt fuel economy?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adam,

Is that the 5'7" bed or the 6'4"? I can't tell, but it looks like the shorter? I'd like to see the Husky fully strapped. I have a Yamaha WR250R. I've never strapped up with the kickstand down, nor have I gone diagonally. Consequently, I always have to leave my tailgate open. If I could do it and close the gate, surely that'd be better. However, I have wooden ramps (one for the bike, one to walk beside) and I'd have to lift them to sit on top of the gate if I closed it.

YEP and the thing was clean that morning. He sheds like a beast. I move the couch once a week and there's a whole dog worth of hair to clean up. It's a full time job year-round, not just int he spring. I've told the wife we really need to start shaving him every spring because that's when it's the worst.

This is the 6'4" bed, the bike length is deceptive because I'm losing a few inches thanks to this - https://www.motoprohq.com/truck-systems Because I have the bed utility group, I have this extra triangle on each of the 2 forward corners so my dirt bike rack sits further back
3Z0oyxd.jpeg
R6omyrE.jpeg
yavB7mt.jpeg

Your WR is 85.6 inches and my 701 is 89.8 inches so I've got like 4 inches on you (that's what she said) and my rack is pushed back like 6" due to the BUG triangle things so even with a 6'4" bed, I have 2 choices, I can leave it as seen above and drop the tail gate OR catty-corner it in where I chock it on the left and then swing the rear tire around and strap it down that way. It moves a little bit more sideways but at least the tail gate is up.
What are those door protectors called/what brand. I'm gonna need some for my GSD.
Shoot, I knew someone was going to ask for them and I already had Amazon opened but thought maybe not..anyway shame on me but here they are:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YX83LKG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just get the surface super clean, I didn't do it perfectly but it's just a guy who has cut these to fit our trucks. material is pretty cheap but I'd imagine you could buy a sheet of this for cheaper, test fit with painters tape then cut to size for about half the price. Anyway, it works well and the dog does scratch it as he climbs up in so for his entry/exit, it's pretty good system to have that + the dropped fabric from the bed there.

BlueMoose

Reaction score
YEP and the thing was clean that morning. He sheds like a beast. I move the couch once a week and there's a whole dog worth of hair to clean up. It's a full time job year-round, not just int he spring. I've told the wife we really need to start shaving him every spring because that's when it's the worst.
Just a note, shaving him is a bad idea. You could instead consider a Furminator or de-shedding treatment.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
Yeah, I think 4" is the right height. Mopar has a 2" that keeps the warranty. Do you lose warranty?
What are other disadvantages? Does a lift hurt fuel economy?
A lift doesn't void warranty, other than than specific parts modified. RAM would have to prove the lift caused the specific issue I order to deny a warranty claim.

A lift plus larger tires usually equates to about 2-3 mpg loss on the trucks I've done.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a note, shaving him is a bad idea. You could instead consider a Furminator or de-shedding treatment.

I grew up with work dogs so this is all new to me. First dog I've had that lives in doors so I thought that's how you get rid of fur. I've never heard of a Furminator. Sorry.

Sherran

Reaction score
I grew up with work dogs so this is all new to me. First dog I've had that lives in doors so I thought that's how you get rid of fur. I've never heard of a Furminator. Sorry.

I told myself for years that I would NEVER spend $30 on a dog brush. I've always had Catahoula's and they really didn't shed all that much. Then I got my lab mix and she's an inside only dog. I have light cream tile floors and I see her hair EVERYWHERE. I had to vacuum the floors and our carpeted rooms daily and I'd have to dump the canister multiple times when doing so with all her hair.

I finally said screw it and bought this dang brush and 10/10 NO REGRETS. This thing is amazing. I'm sure there could be cheaper alternatives, but I've probably spend over $100 on different deshedding brushes and none of them do what the furminator can. I selected "Short hair" for the type and they sent me the "Long hair" version. Works fantastic. I even use this on my Blue Lacy who has extremely short hair and barely sheds and this thing took so much of his loose hairs out. My floors aren't littered with Lulu hair anymore 🥳

Sherran

Reaction score

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
Adam,

I admire you guys for pushing your bikes up into the bed of these ridiculously tall trucks. Also doesn't help that I'm on the shorter side.

I have a dirt bike trailer for times when I'm bringing more than 1 bike, but for transporting just 1 bike, I made the switch to a Moto-Jack-Rack.

It literally takes me 1-1.5 minutes to load or unload and absolutely no straining to get it done.

The older I got the harder it was to push it up that damn ramp, especially at the end of the day.

Here's a short loading video if you've never seen one.

Attachments

• motojack.png
    motojack.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 28
  • motojack1.png
    motojack1.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 28

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I admire you guys for pushing your bikes up into the bed of these ridiculously tall trucks. Also doesn't help that I'm on the shorter side.

I have a dirt bike trailer for times when I'm bringing more than 1 bike, but for transporting just 1 bike, I made the switch to a Moto-Jack-Rack.

It literally takes me 1-1.5 minutes to load or unload and absolutely no straining to get it done.

The older I got the harder it was to push it up that damn ramp, especially at the end of the day.

Here's a short loading video if you've never seen one.

The air suspension DOES help. I know it's an option on non limiteds but it does squat pretty well to the ground versus stock height. Knobby tires also help as does the sub-350 weight. The issue we're going to deal with until we buy an enclosed trailer is unfortunately, my wife also rides so we either put 2 bikes in the back or buy a trailer. I would love a hitch mount but then we can only take one bike with us and her bike is in excess of the rating.

I can share a quick video but the step on the RAM 1500 + Barn Doors + Air ride entry mode is what sold me on this model over other trucks. I'll put it below but that video will self destruct soon.

Note, I have a ride-up ramp that's 40" wide on order that'll be here in a couple of weeks (everything is back-ordered). that'll allow me to put my touring bike in there as well.

penguinphan

Reaction score
Thanks! the guy that I plan to do mine said he would tint over the back and rear glass to achieve "Limo" darkness. Front windows would be 35% to be legal in Georgia. He suggested 70% on windshield because it would help with heat, UV and glare at night. But illegal in Georgia.......still commentating it though.
That's really close to what I did. 60 on the windshield, 25 on the front windows and 15 on the back doors and rear window. It's amazing how big of a difference that tint makes when it's 112 degrees outside. :D

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
The air suspension DOES help. I know it's an option on non limiteds but it does squat pretty well to the ground versus stock height. Knobby tires also help as does the sub-350 weight. The issue we're going to deal with until we buy an enclosed trailer is unfortunately, my wife also rides so we either put 2 bikes in the back or buy a trailer. I would love a hitch mount but then we can only take one bike with us and her bike is in excess of the rating.

I can share a quick video but the step on the RAM 1500 + Barn Doors + Air ride entry mode is what sold me on this model over other trucks. I'll put it below but that video will self destruct soon.

Note, I have a ride-up ramp that's 40" wide on order that'll be here in a couple of weeks (everything is back-ordered). that'll allow me to put my touring bike in there as well.

This right here is the single best reason why I would want a split tailgate. Absolute freaking genius. Wow!

2019 Ram 1500 ORP “long bed” - setting #5 bilsteins, 2”mopar ucas, hellwig sway bar, tonneau cover, bed mat, 20” Laramie sport wheels on 285/60r20 falkens. Flowmaster outlaw.

Users who are viewing this thread