5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

CopterDoctor

Reaction score
Installed the S&B cold air intake. I really like the look and man is that filter huge!

Attachments

• 9DB22AE8-75DA-4DDF-8099-CD95230992A1.jpeg
    9DB22AE8-75DA-4DDF-8099-CD95230992A1.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 8BF797F2-2E12-4C9C-B478-8B64CAAC9478.jpeg
    8BF797F2-2E12-4C9C-B478-8B64CAAC9478.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 1B513891-143F-49F7-A057-9AC3A093C5F9.jpeg
    1B513891-143F-49F7-A057-9AC3A093C5F9.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 218

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my 6112s ... Measured both sides and for some reason one is higher then other with both sitting on the same setting 😩

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my 6112s ... Measured both sides and for some reason one is higher then other with both sitting on the same setting 😩

Which side sits lower? I believe the drivers side sits lower on these trucks because of the fuel tank and other components.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which side sits lower? I believe the drivers side sits lower on these trucks because of the fuel tank and other components.
I hope so lmao. It is the driver side 😩 still confused, i put the setings on 6. And fiqured give or take i would get about 1 inch of lift. Idk if i did 😩 bilstein says 1.2 on seting 6 ... Hopefully i dont need to take it all off ... It was a a pain in *** for the driver side

U

User_63152

Driver's side rear always sits lower by 1/2'', or so. I personally hate it. I didn't notice it at first. But, now, I can see it every time I look at my truck, from certain angles. Gas tank, smas tank, You'd think there would be a way to correct this. Or, compensate right from the factory engineering. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a guy who forked over $50k+ for a truck that leans.

🤪

Last edited by a moderator:

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
damm so does that affect puting bigger tires lol? i may have to go up one more seting then 🥲🥲🥲🥲

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
damm so does that affect puting bigger tires lol? i may have to go up one more seting then 🥲🥲🥲🥲
Driver's side rear always sits lower by 1/2'', or so. I personally hate it. I didn't notice it at first. But, now, I can see it every time I look at my truck, from certain angles. Gas tank, smas tank, You'd think there would be a way to correct this. Or, compensate right from the factory engineering. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a guy who forked over $50k+ for a truck that leans.

🤪
btw its the front driver side not the rear Front measures 38.5 and front measures 38

U

User_63152

btw its the front driver side not the rear Front measures 38.5 and front measures 38
Ok, sorry. Got caught up in a rant. Probably should have read your post more carefully.

That seems odd to be off like that in the front.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Had my local Ram Dealer install a Trailer Brake Controller, total price including the controller, installation and programing was $530. I know I could have done it myself for a bit cheaper, but I really did not want to mess with taking out my 12" screen.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea
Ok, sorry. Got caught up in a rant. Probably should have read your post more carefully.

That seems odd to be off like that in the front.
Both are set to same notchs and i tightened everything up the same ...
Unless i didnt put it in the right position. Like it being straight ? The bolts on top that hold the strut ? Idk lol

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Installed the S&B cold air intake. I really like the look and man is that filter huge!
Looks awesome!

Did you remove the heat shield from the underside of your hood? Looks like the hood vents are functional now, I've wanted to do something like that. Do you have any issues with water or anything getting into the engine bay?

CopterDoctor

Reaction score
Looks awesome!

Did you remove the heat shield from the underside of your hood? Looks like the hood vents are functional now, I've wanted to do something like that. Do you have any issues with water or anything getting into the engine bay?
Thanks!
Yes I removed the heat shield from the underside of the hood and modified(cut) the bottom side of the fake vent off to allow more cooling if the engine bay. No issues from water getting into the engine bay. You can see the heat venting from them while sitting at a stop light. In due time I may go back and install heat shield after cutting the opening to accommodate for the new functional vent.

Coming from a Challenger, I did not understand why dodge didn’t make these functional.

Last edited:

Klicht87

Reaction score
Damn you, now I just might have to get one myself. I see you took the hood liner out and it's good to know the hood vents are actually functional. I may do that also.

CopterDoctor

Reaction score
Damn you, now I just might have to get one myself. I see you took the hood liner out and it's good to know the hood vents are actually functional. I may do that also.
Been looking for a while trying to determine which cai to get. Liked the looks of this one over the rest and it’s nice knowing it is enclosed.
I’m glad I did the hood vent modification to make them functional.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Truck's fuel tank huh? I thought it was my fuel tank that caused this! 😬

TNSmokee

Reaction score
Installed it earlier today, but just now able to post the picture. No picture means it didn't happen. My picture is the same as others though.
StartButton_060821-Install.jpg
I did remove the knee panel to make it easier to get my arm in there. I also found it easier to depress the lower clip first and push it out enough to keep it from re-clicking. It seemed to take the pressure off the top two clips. Thanks to all who provided advice.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Came to appreciate just how convenient it is to load heavy items in the bed with the MFT and air suspension.

Also, not sure my AC is getting cold enough now that we are in triple digits... 😰

Seriously considering ceramic tint on the windshield to cut down on the greenhouse effect a bit. I was hesitant because I don't want blur or starburst effect, but now I might just do it to keep from melting.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Came to appreciate just how convenient it is to load heavy items in the bed with the MFT and air suspension.

Also, not sure my AC is getting cold enough now that we are in triple digits...

Seriously considering ceramic tint on the windshield to cut down on the greenhouse effect a bit. I was hesitant because I don't want blur or starburst effect, but now I might just do it to keep from melting.

I have been considering tinting the front shield ASAP as well. California has been very warm lately and that big ol windshield is like a magnifying glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread