5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

dlrsavannah

Reaction score
How's the rear leg room? I'm considering trading my mustang in on one. Kids keep growing for some reason ha.
The legroom is adequate for now...my youngest is 8 and he's tall but for right now, it's OK. Most family trips are going to be in the Ram where's there's plenty of space. I'd say there's probably more space back there then in a Mustang for sure. If you do trade, just buy an R/T or Scat. While the GT still has 300hp and fun to drive I do miss the V8 but at the time I couldn't find an R/T and just one Scat on the lot which I didn't wanna pay that much.

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had new wheels and tires put on.went with 22".the mech is driving it for a "Shake down test. with the "Tire sensor"to test if all is ok.decided to record this time outside of the truck.with the "Borla"on i can hear it before i see it :LOL: :LOL: (y)

alpha_brit

Reaction score
The installation was very easy. There are 9 studs (3 bunches of 3) on each side. Three brackets hang on the studs and then the board is screwed onto the brackets. You do not want to tighten everything down until the board is level, but it took about 45 minutes to install and unpack both. It is very straightforward.
Many thanks, it sounds like I should be able to handle this then. Really appreciate the description and advice

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a discount dealer for upgrades? Here is a few items I am looking to get pricing on and order.

(4)Falken Wildpeak AT3W 295/70 R18

RetraxOne XR T-60245 or Pro XR T-80245

Banks Pedal Monster w/ iDash 64332

Amp Research power steps 76240-01A
Accessory.parts

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapped out my factory rear RAM emblem with this skull and horns badge I found online. Painted it to match, first. It's subtle but I like it. Makes people look twice 😆
Thanks, This will work perfectly for my 2021 Laramie Black Night Edition. My Tag is BLKGHST (Black Ghost).

Any Link for Purchase?

The Ones I see on Amazon state Front or Rear 2010-2018 Rams ($32 Free shipping)

Found this one for the DT RAMs for $40 plus shipping ETA I could not get the cart to show in my Browser!

Found This one and ordered it for $32 plus $10 shipping:

Turns out this is the Same Seller From the Second link that did not work. But the ECrater site did.

Malodave

Last edited:

D.Sull

Reaction score
Thanks, This will work perfectly for my 2021 Laramie Black Night Edition. My Tag is BLKGHST (Black Ghost).

Any Link for Purchase?

The Ones I see on Amazon state Front or Rear 2010-2018 Rams ($32 Free shipping)

Found this one for the DT RAMs for $40 plus shipping ETA I could not get the cart to show in my Browser!

Found This one and ordered it for $32 plus $10 shipping:

Turns out this is the Same Seller From the Second link that did not work. But the ECrater site did.

Malodave
Mine came from the ecrater site. Can't remember how long it took to get here. I think it was a couple weeks. It comes as just cheap, unpainted plastic so you'll want to hit it with some paint before you put it on. I broke the tabs on my original emblem getting it off. They put enough rubber cement on the back of it to hold a sack of bricks.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine came from the ecrater site. Can't remember how long it took to get here. I think it was a couple weeks. It comes as just cheap, unpainted plastic so you'll want to hit it with some paint before you put it on. I broke the tabs on my original emblem getting it off. They put enough rubber cement on the back of it to hold a sack of bricks.

I wondering if I want to mount some LEDS in the Eye Sockets.

Would they Stay on with the Running lights, Come on with Brake Lights,
Or set them up to Flash with the Brake Lights? Inquiring Minds want to know?

Malodave

D.Sull

Reaction score
I wondering if I want to mount some LEDS in the Eye Sockets.

Would they Stay on with the Running lights, Come on with Brake Lights,
Or set them up to Flash with the Brake Lights? Inquiring Minds want to know?

Malodave
I thought about trying something similar and tapping into the brake lights. The eye sockets are definitely big enough for some single, red LEDS.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought about trying something similar and tapping into the brake lights. The eye sockets are definitely big enough for some single, red LEDS.

I am thinking of making them Breathe with an Arduino Nano that does have
PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) pins. Mount it in a small waterproof box with
a Buck DC-DC power supply (12v - 5V) inside the tailgate. If it was to be done
with the brakes, there would be a trigger wire and extra code to be written.

This is the Arduino Code I found:

void setup ()
{
pinMode(3,OUTPUT);// declare pin 3 to be an output
}

void loop()
{
for (int a=0; a<=255;a++) //loop from 0 to 255,it controls the increase in PWM brightness
{
analogWrite(3,a); //set the brightness of pin 3:
delay(8); //wait for 8 ms
}
for (int a=255; a>=0;a--) //loop from 255 down to 0,it control PWM brightness reduction
{
analogWrite(3,a); // set the brightness of pin 3:
}
delay(800); //wait for 800 ms
}

This is a Sinosodial wave code. I do like the Gaussian Fade better but,
I have only found the code for RGB Addressable LEDS so far.

Malodave

Crew4X2

Reaction score
Not specifically today, but over the last couple weeks I swapped to my summer wheels/tires, steering wheel. Had hood decal and front RAM vinyl installed. Installed Swarfworks hidden winch mount with Smittybuilt 12k Winch. Installed AJT Volume knobs and had paint correction/ ceramic coating applied. She's all ready for summer.
Question regarding your AJT knobs - how long did it take you to get yours? I ordered mine 12 days ago, they already took my money and the order is stuck in perpetual 'Awaiting Processing' status. Emailed the guy, ZERO response. Just curious. Thx.

D.Sull

Reaction score
I am thinking of making them Breathe with an Arduino Nano that does have
PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) pins. Mount it in a small waterproof box with
a Buck DC-DC power supply (12v - 5V) inside the tailgate. If it was to be done
with the brakes, there would be a trigger wire and extra code to be written.

This is the Arduino Code I found:

void setup ()
{
pinMode(3,OUTPUT);// declare pin 3 to be an output
}

void loop()
{
for (int a=0; a<=255;a++) //loop from 0 to 255,it controls the increase in PWM brightness
{
analogWrite(3,a); //set the brightness of pin 3:
}
for (int a=255; a>=0;a--) //loop from 255 down to 0,it control PWM brightness reduction
{
analogWrite(3,a); // set the brightness of pin 3:
}
delay(800); //wait for 800 ms
}

This is a Sinosodial wave code. I do like the Gaussian Fade better but,
I have only found the code for RGB Addressable LEDS so far.

Malodave
Making them breathe would be slick. I'd love to see that if you get it built out.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Question regarding your AJT knobs - how long did it take you to get yours? I ordered mine 12 days ago, they already took my money and the order is stuck in perpetual 'Awaiting Processing' status. Emailed the guy, ZERO response. Just curious. Thx.

FYI.

I ordered May 22nd and there was no back order stated. I emailed and was told the are on back order until July.

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Added my Weathertech window visors today! Took about 20 minutes to do front an back! I did need to sit down and watch the Weathertech video on the rear windows just to make sure I was putting in the clips right and the back left didn't seem to want to fit exactly flush inside to the top. We'll see in a day or two if it's seated well and permanent!

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Installed rear LED taillights. Love it!
3320d6d9e5d24e1c909f3868cd4848c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Making them breathe would be slick. I'd love to see that if you get it built out.
There are Red 5mm LEDs that Breathe with only power and a current limiting resistor.

I ordered some Bright Red 10mm sized regular ones. So I will need the Arduino Nano and DC-DC power supply.

Malodave

406Rebel

Reaction score
I ordered my control knobs when they first went on pre sale a few months ago. The shift knob I got last year. The guy usually responds in a couple days. I’ve inquired a couple times about possible future items such as a push button start and he always gets back to me

Users who are viewing this thread