5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Got the bilsteins put on today along with the mopar ucas. Orp. Bilsteins set to #5 line for the 2”. Still have a slight rake. Tires are 285/60r20 falken at3w.

0644f5103c02674ab6fc1285248abdf6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_63152

How did you adjust them.

I loosened the clamps, moved them where it looked good, then tightened them back up.

Before... After... Third picture, you can see the clamp bolt. Just loosen and adjust accordingly (13mm socket). They can rotate and move side to side/up and down.

Attachments

• 20210424_150623.jpg
    20210424_150623.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 225
  • E Tips SM.jpg
    E Tips SM.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 225
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_63152

Does anybody else struggle with dusty collection on the center stack? Maybe it’s worse w/the Laramie being it’s a glossy finish? What I want to do to the Ram is fix that problem. The constant wiping the screen and stack is driving me nuts. I don’t travel down dirt roads unless I’m off-road. Still seems the dust finds its way.

Nope, it's just you. 🤣

It's probably static electricity. What do you use to clean it with? Microfiber, paper towel, old sock? Sometimes certain fibers can create the static, or you just are in a high static environment.

I'm no expert, just guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the bilsteins put on today along with the mopar ucas. Orp. Bilsteins set to #5 line for the 2”. Still have a slight rake. Tires are 285/60r20 falken at3w.

Looks great! I recently installed the Bilsteins on my truck as well, and now I’m trying to decide what size tire I want to go up to. I think I’ve settled on 285/60R20s like you have. Can you possibly post some close-up photos of your truck and the wheel/tire combo?

JbVt

Reaction score
I loosened the clamps, moved them where it looked good, then tightened them back up.

Before... After... Third picture, you can see the clamp bolt. Just loosen and adjust accordingly (13mm socket). They can rotate and move side to side/up and down.
Thanks, I'll have to do that as they look way better.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anybody else struggle with dusty collection on the center stack? Maybe it’s worse w/the Laramie being it’s a glossy finish? What I want to do to the Ram is fix that problem. The constant wiping the screen and stack is driving me nuts. I don’t travel down dirt roads unless I’m off-road. Still seems the dust finds its way.

OCD much?🤣

My 5th gen does seem to allow a lot more dust and dirt in than my 4th gen did.

RickWaz

Reaction score
This is great! Can you tell more about how you designed this? I have a 100 pound dog and want to do something like this too!
I opted to make one that would work w/ the seats folded up so it was a lower/easier jump for our 8½ year old Lab, he sits lower (more head room) and to protect the back seats. I also have a Du-Ha underseat storage box in the back, so the back part of the platform sits atop that along w/ the rear portion of the seat "frame."

It's 62" long x 29" wide x 3/4" thick plywood. It's not pressure treated plywood, so I used spray varnish to seal it a bit from liquids. I used spray adhesive to apply a 10mm thick, dense foam padding (from an exercise mat) then used a staple gun to attach the indoor/outdoor carpet over the padding and plywood.

I attached the (3) legs (5½" wide x 8" long x 3/4" thick) to the front side w/ hinges. I also used Velcro strips on the very bottom of each leg so they would stay folded to the bottom of the platform when not being used.

Good luck w/ your build!

1620734566112.png

1620735380213.png

1620735324483.png

Last edited:

WReckeR

Reaction score
Not today, but a few days ago I installed a Rough Country tri fold tonneau cover(thank you Bronson Watson for getting it to me before I left for vacation and the great conversation), Vailge extra large rear seat pet protector(to protect seats from our 4 month old Australian cattle dog aka blue heeler), and heavy duty kick mats for the back of the front seats. I can’t believe that I let an animal other than my kids into a $50k+ vehicle lol. Planning on ceramic coating within the next month...unless I trade it for a Rebel or 2500(discovering that the 4wd system isn’t a true 4wd system has me bummed). The wife really likes the RAM(so do I), so we may just keep it and it can be hers and I may buy myself a true 4wd lol.
Can you explain what you mean about the 4x4?

notoriouskeef

Reaction score
Just picked my truck up Saturday. The white lettering and chrome lug nuts were driving me crazy. I was going to have them switched out but the cost was $150 so I decided to just put new tires on as well. I was leaning towards the falcon or BFG but the discount tire salesman talked me into the Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain AT as a compromise between the two (I'm up for trying new things, this is my first Ram as well). I love the way they look and changed the whole appearance of the truck. Before and after pics. 1620739942988.png

Attachments

• bf.jpg
    bf.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 217
  • af.jpg
    af.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

You the man

Rambro1776

Reaction score
Nope, it's just you.

It's probably static electricity. What do you use to clean it with? Microfiber, paper towel, old sock? Sometimes certain fibers can create the static, or you just are in a high static environment.

I'm no expert, just guessing.

Used one of those glasses cleaning clothes

SmittysTrk

Reaction score
Trucks due in next week (I hope) So I stopped by the stealer and ordered floor mats, bed mat, window deflectors, mud flaps, chrome toe hooks and the bezel kit. Buy the time the trucks here there wont be any gas to drive it so I'll have something to do.

Users who are viewing this thread