5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1200GS

Reaction score
I didn't do anything to my ram today but I did something with it... I watched a guy narrowly miss t-boning some knucklehead who pulled out in front of him. He avoided parking his taco in her passenger seat by sending his truck into a 7 ft snowbank at 20 mph and buried it all the way to rear wheels. Cue the heroic anthem as I pulled up with a sinister grin and more than a little excitement to pull him out. "need some help?" I asked. "Oh, that'd be awesome" he said humbly, clearly bowing to my automotive superiority. As I opened the in floor storage box and brandished my my new, never used tow straps I had to shield myself from the obvious envy beaming from the taco owner. I quickly secured the tow straps to my recovery points and as I made my way to the truck to engage 4wd and the e-locker I had to glance down and make sure I wasn't sporting a full mast erection. My wife was so wrong about this truck, this moment was worth every penny and she was wrong about another thing, I can indeed pull out, at least now, thanks to Ram. After freeing the taco from it's snowy tomb the thankful driver offered me a crisp $20. "No thanks man, you've given me plenty today. Drive safe"

HAHA GOLD!!!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't do anything to my ram today but I did something with it... I watched a guy narrowly miss t-boning some knucklehead who pulled out in front of him. He avoided parking his taco in her passenger seat by sending his truck into a 7 ft snowbank at 20 mph and buried it all the way to rear wheels. Cue the heroic anthem as I pulled up with a sinister grin and more than a little excitement to pull him out. "need some help?" I asked. "Oh, that'd be awesome" he said humbly, clearly bowing to my automotive superiority. As I opened the in floor storage box and brandished my my new, never used tow straps I had to shield myself from the obvious envy beaming from the taco owner. I quickly secured the tow straps to my recovery points and as I made my way to the truck to engage 4wd and the e-locker I had to glance down and make sure I wasn't sporting a full mast erection. My wife was so wrong about this truck, this moment was worth every penny and she was wrong about another thing, I can indeed pull out, at least now, thanks to Ram. After freeing the taco from it's snowy tomb the thankful driver offered me a crisp $20. "No thanks man, you've given me plenty today. Drive safe"
Sounds like a true "happy ending" !!!!!! Time for a smoke (oh thats right...nobody smokes after sex anymore) Can't wait to try out snow driving in my Rebel possibly in the next few days here in Portland, Oregon. Thanks for the chuckles. :ROFLMAO:

U

User_6565

Sounds like a true "happy ending" !!!!!! Time for a smoke (oh thats right...nobody smokes after sex anymore) Can't wait to try out snow driving in my Rebel possibly in the next few days here in Portland, Oregon. Thanks for the chuckles. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like I'll miss the Portland snow this year as my truck won't be in for a couple more months. I'll look forward to the opportunity next year, even if I have to drive a distance to get to it.

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score

Nice. I have the Rhino USA Hitch Shackle and Tow cable for 'just in case' moments like these. Probably would have the same reaction if I got the chance to use it.

Rocketman

Reaction score
Added a set of Westin HDX XTreme step bars. Also got a plastic hanging file box to put all my "mods" instruction sheets and invoices in the console.
View attachment 15133

Very nice looking.....I have them as well. I think they look great on our trucks.

b14317126a3517348d0d93240eccd5e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewdidit

Reaction score
Added Rough Country 6" lift, Rear airbags with wireless compressor, Tri fold bed cover, 22" wheels and 35" tires, Edge programer

Attachments

• IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1766.JPG
    IMG_1766.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1770 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1770 (Large).JPG
    470.7 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1775 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1775 (Large).JPG
    525 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1779 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1779 (Large).JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1780 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1780 (Large).JPG
    467.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1782 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1782 (Large).JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1783 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1783 (Large).JPG
    323.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1785 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1785 (Large).JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1792 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1792 (Large).JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 179

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
about 1800 for the HD, they have cheaper options if you don't need to load heavy stuff on top. I know those guys well and will be putting an HD on mine any day. The three door covers look cool but I found the 2 door covers are a bit easier to use/access.
Must be interstate highway all the way to the shop, I get nothing close to 21.5!

dragon285

Reaction score
Got her washed and installed the 2 inch Wheel Spacers, Blendmount and tapWire for my Radar!!! I also got tints all around....5% in front sides...15% in back, and 42% in Front main windows. Soon to come will be an exhaust and new tires...will keep the same rims!!

IMG_0978.jpg IMG_0979.jpg IMG_0981.jpg IMG_0983.jpg IMG_0985.jpg IMG_0992.jpg

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Dragon285, Love the look!!!

What type of wheel spacers did you get?

Is it possible you can post pic of side view to see the tires protruding out a bit like this attempt of my photo (I hate my camera on my phone dangit!!!). That way I can see the wheels and the steps.

Are those factory wheel to wheel steps or another aftermarket? They seem to be calling my name too!!!

Thanks!!!!

edit...out numbers...spouse hates when I leave that stuff in....

Attachments

• 20190204_100825.jpg
    20190204_100825.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:

dragon285

Reaction score
Dragon285, Love the look!!!

What type of wheel spacers did you get?

Is it possible you can post pic of side view to see the tires protruding out a bit like this attempt of my photo (I hate my camera on my phone dangit!!!). That way I can see the wheels and the steps.

Are those factory wheel to wheel steps or another aftermarket? They seem to be calling my name too!!!

Thanks!!!!

edit...out numbers...spouse hates when I leave that stuff in....

I got one better for you. Here's a video I made of my truck with the wheel spacers. On the video I have the link for the wheel spacers....i got the Yitamotor Wheel Spacers 2". The tires and steps are all factory. Eventually I'm going to get some more aggressive tires but keep the same rims:
Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

geotex1

Reaction score
My truck had become two-tone: Granite Crystal upper and Road Salt lower with that late 80s-early 90s overlap fade transition so I spent a few hours going back to monotone and cleaning the undercarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread