5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

GrayRam20

Reaction score
The window to order the Tank color is closed, so you would have to find one at a dealer optioned the way you want. Can't procrastinate too long on these BTS trucks when looking for specific options
yeah found one in MD about 1.5 hrs from me already just doesn't have power folding mirrors....... trying to see if can be dealer installed.
and transfer lift over cheaper then buying another one???..... figure the cost to build mine up to the options i want might be cheaper to start over.....my fault for just grabbing the truck and not fully looking into what i really wanted out of it. got mine for a great deal....but want sensory key and this has that plus led front/rear lights and the skid plate package. the pano roof and 12" are bonus i don't truly care about.

Idaho970

Reaction score
How go you like the torque? Mine is still being built...

Love it! It’s not intrusive to where you feel like you’re driving a totally different truck. I have to be careful when I leave a red light because this thing chirps the tires with no problem. Another cool thing is you can totally feel it kick in when you slow down. I can see it saving brakes in the long run.

I wish they had a way for you to see what is currently being used as far as % of power coming from it/the regen braking.

All around, two thumbs up. Only concern is longevity of the eTorque motor and battery. That’s what warranties are for though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idaho970

Reaction score
Yes I did install it myself with some help. It wasn't hard at all to put together.

Did you end up cutting the driver side pipe? I’m trying to find the best way to do a driveway instal of the Borla system without cutting the pipes. Want them intact in case I want to put them back on (doubtful pending wife’s reaction), or to make them easier to sell.

Kilroy

Reaction score
Based on a post I found on here, I ordered the XXL back seat protection for my maniacal pup. I'm taking her to basic training once a week for six weeks and after the first session, driving her in my wife's car, I had to do something.
View attachment 87316 View attachment 87317
How well does it work? I have an Old English Bulldog, and he sheds something fierce, and he weighs in at 80lbs we are taking him with us to Florida this year and I am looking for something like this but it's hard to tell from photos how well they fit and work.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love it! It’s not intrusive to where you feel like you’re driving a totally different truck. I have to be careful when I leave a red light because this thing chirps the tires with no problem. Another cool thing is you can totally feel it kick in when you slow down. I can see it saving brakes in the long run.

I wish they had a way for you to see what is currently being used as far as % of power coming from it/the regen braking.

All around, two thumbs up. Only concern is longevity of the eTorque motor and battery. That’s what warranties are for though!

Yup going 7yr unlim mileage for that reason!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you end up cutting the driver side pipe? I’m trying to find the best way to do a driveway instal of the Borla system without cutting the pipes. Want them intact in case I want to put them back on (doubtful pending wife’s reaction), or to make them easier to sell.

No need to cut the pipe. It will come out without cutting. Some guys have used the ramp things to get the *** end up higher. I was able to get mine using jack stands.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah found one in MD about 1.5 hrs from me already just doesn't have power folding mirrors....... trying to see if can be dealer installed.
and transfer lift over cheaper then buying another one???..... figure the cost to build mine up to the options i want might be cheaper to start over.....my fault for just grabbing the truck and not fully looking into what i really wanted out of it. got mine for a great deal....but want sensory key and this has that plus led front/rear lights and the skid plate package. the pano roof and 12" are bonus i don't truly care about.
Power folding mirrors are standard I thought. Unless it has the tow mirrors, then not sure if that's an option. and if by sensory key, you mean the keyless entry button thing on door handles, that's not an available option for the Built to Serves.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Power folding mirrors are standard I thought. Unless it has the tow mirrors, then not sure if that's an option. and if by sensory key, you mean the keyless entry button thing on door handles, that's not an available option for the Built to Serves.
ill have to post the window sticker it says sensory key and that one of my main wants in another truck...if not then im just going to build mine up haha. I still think its odd they have push start with no keyless entry..aka motion/button on handle to lock n unlock. I work with Subaru and all of our pushbutton cars have the handle sensing entry, why i didn't think twice about it till i got home.....ugh my bad haha

GrayRam20

Reaction score
ill have to post the window sticker it says sensory key and that one of my main wants in another truck...if not then im just going to build mine up haha. I still think its odd they have push start with no keyless entry..aka motion/button on handle to lock n unlock. I work with Subaru and all of our pushbutton cars have the handle sensing entry, why i didn't think twice about it till i got home.....ugh my bad haha

Attachments

• BTS window.png
    BTS window.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 110

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How well does it work? I have an Old English Bulldog, and he sheds something fierce, and he weighs in at 80lbs we are taking him with us to Florida this year and I am looking for something like this but it's hard to tell from photos how well they fit and work.
I've not put her in yet.
The door protectors are coming in today, and I might drive her around the neighborhood to see how she does.

Looking at the coverage, I don't foresee her getting under it like the one in my wife's car.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That just means it has remote start and pushbutton start. There's not been a single BTS made with the proximity door handles you desire.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Power tow mirrors... Much more expensive as an afterthought.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
That just means it has remote start and pushbutton start. There's not been a single BTS made with the proximity door handles you desire.
Yeah i have the saleslead making sure, they said yes it has that.....

told them to make sure or wasting our time.......maybe lol if its still a good deal may have to go back to 0 miles hahaha i put 18,3xx on it the first year. and it does have the other goodies i want

Users who are viewing this thread