5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Creep0321

Reaction score
Not so much if you really go off roading...The 'wet-look' tire dressings make tires more susceptible to sidewall rock cuts when off-roading.

Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyattS42

Reaction score
Looks NICE! Did you remove the stock 1" lift that came with the Off Road package, or is the 2.5" in addition to it? I am considering doing the same but the wife is only 5'4", so not sure if 3.5" would be too high for her liking. Also, any difference in drive quality with the spacer lift, or rubbing with the 35" tires? Appreciate your insight!

My understanding is that the strut itself is 1” longer than the regular ram so it’s not a 1” lift installed. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong. I think it rides almost exactly the same. Maybe slightly firmer but I did go with a 10 ply mud tire so that’s probably where the ride change came from. My wife is about the same height as yours and it’s a little step up but she gets in with no problems. Will probably add running boards at some point though.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Not so much if you really go off roading...The 'wet-look' tire dressings make tires more susceptible to sidewall rock cuts when off-roading.
I think the natural rubber, if normally nice and fat, look better on jeeps and trucks.

I usually only dress if theres a mud strip that doesnt seem to come off after a couple washes.

RichT

Reaction score
1100 miles, so did first oil change today. 7 qts of PUP, an M1-113A filter and installed a Fumoto plug. Little safety cap didn't want to get on there, but its not going anywhere.

Also added locking lugs and replaced oem lugs with black. lol, First oil change for me in many years. Took me forevvvver to get that damn filter off. Didn''t want to make a mess, so put gave it a turn, put the bag on, couldn't turn it by hand, rinse and repeat trying not to spill a drop....get bag twisted...make mess. haha, it was sad.

IMG_3583.JPG IMG_3582.JPG

Last edited:

geotex1

Reaction score
Miserable weather here, but after I got the 3/8" of ice thawed off my Lomax, I cleaned the bed rail caps and popped in the set of Engineered by Schildmeier stake pocket hole caps to finish the clean look back there. As always with his work, perfect snug fit!

Cmoar

Reaction score
Took the truck out to my hunting spot today. First time I’ve really had to test the 4wd low. Right up that road in the background it’s pretty much all icy roads on the backside of those Tahlequah hills. Also got to play with the hill descent a little. I was really impressed with how well everything worked out. It’s definitely a fun truck.

9D7F9221-067A-4200-BA95-774F4D9AE7C8.jpeg

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Installed a cheap LED bed lighting kit off amazon, works great!

Holy brightness. I actually paid the ridiculous price to get the OEM Bed Lights installed but I really like those. Hmm. Might purchase a a set just to add extra light. Where did you mount the switch? I wonder if I can somehow get them to control with the existing switch I have in the OEM Bed Lights.

Hahny

Reaction score
Holy brightness. I actually paid the ridiculous price to get the OEM Bed Lights installed but I really like those. Hmm. Might purchase a a set just to add extra light. Where did you mount the switch? I wonder if I can somehow get them to control with the existing switch I have in the OEM Bed Lights.

I like the factory ones but my tool box covers them! I mounted the switch on the left hand side towards the top, you can see it if you look hard in the second picture. I’d bet you could steal power from those lights, but I don’t think your factory switch would control them

Users who are viewing this thread