5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

SacRebel

Reaction score
3faadb49a8351acc1c50967b4b1bf9eb.jpg

2” Ready lift leveling kit with 20x10 Moto wheels and 305/55/20 tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to put some dressing on those tires!

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Doesn’t interfere or use the backup camera wiring at all. The clips mount on the same parallel as the plastic cover for the backup camera wiring but I used some 1/4 plastic spacers in the outside clips and 1/2 inch plastic spacers on the inside two and it will just sit in front of the plastic cap. (Had them lying around from some TV wall mount kits)

For the actual wiring you use a Curt 56584 (Link Below) and it is just a splitter for behind where your trailer wiring connector is that adds another 5 pin connector that you use. I then cut the bullet plug off of the included “hard wire” plug and used that in the extra hole for the reverse light.

The hardest part was finding the correct spacer size so the tailgate didn’t hit it and finding out that to remove the existing connector to plug in the Curt adapter you have to pry the tab up and not push down. It was on the top so I couldn’t see it and I was trying to push down for a long time before I just took a picture with my phone and could see it.

All you need is what’s included with the bar, the curt connector, 2 1/4 inch and 2 1/2 inch spacers and used some zip ties and electrical tape to tuck everything back up.

Curt Manufacturing 56584 Trailer Connector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EA6WQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Om2oCb2A6CN1Z

Where did you get the light bar from and part # please

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Its post air filter. And I tried to blow air through it and yes it's very restrictive. I just used a screwdriver to pop the super flimsy plastic rivets holding it on, it's like they wanted you to remove it easily. Good for another 1mpg for sure or another 10 hp with the Pulsar tuner ;)
I like the PULSAR but im affraid of a warranty issue at some point

Blue Streak Ram

Reaction score
Tinted the front windows to match the rear, replaced the corner dash speakers with JBL’s, and when I get home, I should have a package from Crutchfield with my center dash speaker and JBL 6x9’s for the rear doors! If it would stop raining in Georgia, I’d love to wash it for the first time and wipe it down with Slick Mist.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Where did you get the light bar from and part # please

I was going to post a link but the share button seems to be missing in my Amazon app right now.

It is the OPT7 60” Triple Light bar. There is a whole thread on it if you search for OPT7. That along with the Curt 56584 connector makes for a clean install with wires behind the bumper and full access to both trailer wiring connectors and no splicing or tapping into factory wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread